May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SaraCat said:
Definitely!!!!!!! I asked a similar question on FB ( in know you are not on there) a while ago but there wasn't much response as I think I asked too early!

Yay! He's gonna be pleased this has taken off. I will put a page up on the website later tonight :)

Are you and/or DH into photography as well ?

Yay! He's gonna be pleased this has taken off. I will put a page up on the website later tonight :)

Are you and/or DH into photography as well ?

It's just me I am afraid, will I be the only girlie photography geek?? Oh well, I'm used to that. My husband is long suffering and is used to trailing about after me as I go out in the snow at the crack of dawn or contort myself to get a shot. It will be nice to be with fellow enthusiasts.

I am another girlie joining too. I am not a photographer but I appreciate getting tips from the pros. I love to see what people are taking pictures of - what catches their eye beyond the usual. Its the different photos that I like best.

I wish they would put on a proper adultstyle ball evening on the top deck. How hard would it be? Band, food, put out some fairy lights and what have you, and let us enjoy dancing under the stars! Or maybe it'd be too cold?

Maybe we could do this ourselves - well maybe not the band - but an mp3 player, on one of the formal/semi-formal nights :)

SaraCat said:
It's just me I am afraid, will I be the only girlie photography geek?? Oh well, I'm used to that. My husband is long suffering and is used to trailing about after me as I go out in the snow at the crack of dawn or contort myself to get a shot. It will be nice to be with fellow enthusiasts.

I will be trailing around as well :)

Snow Day! Classes are cancelled at the university. A bonus day for me. Great time to catch up with posts here. I am so busy with school that I try real hard to not get distracted here. The end is in sight. Classes end one month from today, then practicum for 5 weeks. Grad ceremony is Jun 8 :cheer2: :cheer2: (I will have to explore Europe another time)

This cruise is going to be soooooo much fun :thumbsup2 What a fantastic graduation gift :goodvibes

SaraCat said:

I will be following around too :)

I am another girlie joining too. I am not a photographer but I appreciate getting tips from the pros. I love to see what people are taking pictures of - what catches their eye beyond the usual. Its the different photos that I like best.

Ditto!!

ME!! :cheer2: I was thrilled when I finally made it to Key West! It was just for the day and I hope to get back there soon.

WooHoo!! :cool1: There's rumor he will be in Texas in early May --- fingers crossed! (Hearing May 4 in Dallas area)

Just out of interest how much do you pay for a flight to Orlando? If we were lucky, from the UK, we would maybe pay £475/$736, if you were lucky enough to secure that price!

From Hawaii, it costs about $800-1000 if we get a good deal. I imagine that from the West Coast, they can get tix as low as $400? It is costing us about $700-900 to get to IAH. Obviously, it is exponentially more expensive to cross the Pacific.

twopeasonepod said:
From Hawaii, it costs about $800-1000 if we get a good deal. I imagine that from the West Coast, they can get tix as low as $400? It is costing us about $700-900 to get to IAH. Obviously, it is exponentially more expensive to cross the Pacific.

Wow, so you've paid more then us to come all across the Atlantic!

Although you are a American and live in Hawaii so I would swap places with you in a FLASH!

Mandygirl, I've just checked the PJ breakfast responses form and saw you had answered twice :) - I will update the new thread to show who has signed up so others don't forget. I saw Sarah had done something similar on her placeholder :)

We have 53 for the PJ breakfast! :D

Mandygirl, I've just checked the PJ breakfast responses form and saw you had answered twice :) - I will update the new thread to show who has signed up so others don't forget. I saw Sarah had done something similar on her placeholder :)

We have 53 for the PJ breakfast! :D

Thanks! That's where our placeholders will really come in helpful. When we've had something out there for months to sign up, people (like me) forget if they have signed up and try to make sure it's done. :thumbsup2 I think I might have even put a note on that one? Can't recall but at least remember thinking it to myself... hmmmmm.... have I already signed up? :rotfl2:

Just a reminder....

Tremont House --- Group Rate for pre-cruise hotel

If you would like to join in the group rate we have secured for the Tremont, which is a Wyndham Grand Property located in the Strand (historic) area across from the harbor, please send MandyGirl a PM to obtain the group code and how to book the rate directly with the property. The rates we have secured for a King or Two Queens, up to 4 adults, is $159 (Friday night) or $135 (Wed/Thurs nights). We have a limited number of these rooms, and once your reservation is made it is not cancelable. According to the Tremont's website, the rooms are about 350 square feet (King) and 500 square feet (Two Queens). Many are renting a one-way car rental from Enterprise and returning the car after checking into the hotel in Galveston to avoid parking fees overnight. (Currently, Enterprise is the only car rental option in Galveston.) The Tremont does provide a complimentary local shuttle according to their website and is walking distance to several fine restaurants in the Strand and Harbor areas. Breakfast is not included in this rate -- just save your hungers for lunch onboard!! :goodvibes

Just a reminder...

Event Organizers --

Please try to update your Part Two Thread placeholder over the weekend. It looks like we will most likely hit 250 pages by end of next week so we will need to transition. This is a great place to make a listing of those who are signed up for each event / tour / dinner / etc :thumbsup2

MandyGirl said:
Thanks! That's where our placeholders will really come in helpful. When we've had something out there for months to sign up, people (like me) forget if they have signed up and try to make sure it's done. :thumbsup2 I think I might have even put a note on that one? Can't recall but at least remember thinking it to myself... hmmmmm.... have I already signed up? :rotfl2:

Yes you did put a note :)

Here is what I have for Palo Brunch. I filled the groups on a first come first serve basis. I'm limiting Groups to 12 at this time if we need to adjust them to 14 later, it will be done. If you sent me a PM and you are not on the list please let me know. I believe I have everyone. :)

Palo Brunch Groups

Group 1  5/20
Tubbsteruk  Paul and Helen -(2)
Mandygirl -Mandy, Curt, Janet (3)
Binkytell  Sarah and Brian (2)
GoofyNewfie  Kim and Chris (2)
JenDen  Jennifer and Dennis (2)
Ladyshopper- Jody  (1)

Group 2  5/22
Kirbo  Kirbo and DH  (2)
kaseyC  Henrietta (1)
Grandmax3  Chris (1)
Tink1987  Tink1987 and BF (2)
NancyIL - Nancy and Vicki (2)
Lysand  Lynn (1)
Lynne and Terry (2)
Leah and Carl (2)

Just now slogging through pages and pages of DISboards (I was afraid to go back through in case there was some unpleasantness like we had on Facebook):sad2: and wondered, Henrietta, if I could join the Palo Brunch on the 22nd? Looks like mainly women; my DH is not interested in Brunch and I wanted to meet you all. LMK! Thx, Jacquie:coffee:

gramfrog said:
Just now slogging through pages and pages of DISboards (I was afraid to go back through in case there was some unpleasantness like we had on Facebook):sad2: and wondered, Henrietta, if I could join the Palo Brunch on the 22nd? Looks like mainly women; my DH is not interested in Brunch and I wanted to meet you all. LMK! Thx, Jacquie:coffee:

What's happened on FB? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter