May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DB is a keen photographer and is wondering if anybody would be interested in a photo walk around the ship on a sea day or evening?

I won't bother doing a whole page and poll for it on the website yet until I see if there is any interest :)

Tink, my DH would love to stroll around the decks anytime of day to take pics with your DB. He has an Olympus 510 DSLR. He'd rather take pics more than just about anything except read!!!! THX. You should post a doc on our EBTA May 18 Facebook page asking for interest...:thumbsup2

bobbiwoz said:
How are the shirt orders coming along?

Another question, how many formal nights?

Thanks.

Unless we get a whole lot more orders, these won't happen...we are only half way there... :(

I figured ppl were tired of me bugging them about it, so I hadn't posted in a few days

gramfrog said:
Those Med cruise pics are amazing!!!! THe photographer is very talented....:love:

Thanks from my DH...I will be sure to pass it on.

padalyn said:
oh so true!!! Now they count the DVC bookings - they didn't in the past :confused3

Huh...they are not counting ours toward our level...maybe I should call someone.

Yep.

And I was joking about the loyal program for us non-loyal folks LOL. I joke with hubby that we tend to sleep around on cruise lines.
DCL - 21 nights
NCL - 21 nights
Celebrity - 21 nights
Holland America - 14 nights

Plus the upcoming 14 on DCL and 15 on NCL before the year is over. Looks like NCL will be in the lead by one night.

People say you start cruising more after you hit 40.... so I am looking forward to that birthday in a couple years as opposed to dreading it ;)
:rotfl2: Love it!

DCL has been approached by guests numerous times with numerous ideas...so far they have not taken any of them. One suggestion was to simply add to the existing program - put little symbols for those who have more than 100 nights, 200 nights etc...I have a friend who has more cruises than I do, but fewer nights. She has 143 nights on 30+ cruises...this cruise will put me over 180 nights and is my 25th....go figure!
Looks as if she prefers the shorter cruises and you like the longer ones.

When we were younger and crusing with our grandparents on HAL, they had these huge medallions you wore with your number of days on them. My little sis and I would always wear my grandparents (we thought they were so cool) and people would joke with us that we sailed more days than we were alive.
Now HAL lets you earn more sea days by booking the spa, shore excusrions, the pay resteraunts and your stateroom bill.

I haven't cruised HAL since 2006 but I do miss the free laundry, such a nice perk!
Free laundry would be a fantastic perk!

Yes we have fewer cruises/more nights due to the cost of actually getting to wherever the cruise is! (not as many as you, however, but hopeing to get there!) When you live in the middle of the country with no water anywhere, kind of hard to just jump on the next cruise! :rotfl::rotfl:

It's really too bad they don't at least take those suggestions under advisement.....but oh, well, like someone else said, at least they have a program :)
We took our first two cruises to the MR as it was on our coast. Made the plane tickets so much better! But flying down to Florida is not cheap for us :sad: I imagine your tickets from middle America are just as bad.

Personally i don't mind that they count cruises instead of days.
The most reasonable for me is counting $, just for example $1 = 1 point, 10.000 points makes gold... And so on.

We have cruised 3-4-7-11-14 nighters.

If it would be in days cruised then it isn't fair for the others because a TA 14 nighter is the same price as a Dream 5 night cruise....

Don't think that you will ever be able to satisfy all the people...
I think this is totally true. It's another reason I tend to not think about the levels much. I can't change that they do it the way they do and it's their choice to do it that way. If they did it the way I'd like most, there'd be all their bread and butter folks who take a lot of 3/4 night cruises squealing :rotfl:

How are the shirt orders coming along?

Another question, how many formal nights?

Thanks.

Hi there! This is what we know so far from DCL (several of us have confirmed via phone):

Special Dining Nights (all are at sea days)
Sun 5/19 - Formal
Fri 5/24 - Pirate Night
Sat 5/25 - Semi-Formal
Wed 5/29 - Formal

My DB is a keen photographer and is wondering if anybody would be interested in a photo walk around the ship on a sea day or evening?

I won't bother doing a whole page and poll for it on the website yet until I see if there is any interest :)

I would love to do a walk about with a photographer that had some tips to share :banana:

oh so true!!! Now they count the DVC bookings - they didn't in the past :confused3

You should. Our first 2 DCL cruises were booked on points, the first was in '04, & they are listed.

OK, so now I feel really stupid - what I "read" on the first post was they started counting bookings toward your level! DUH! (I actually read it as DCL Bookings!)

Sorry to all concerned and I feel like such an idiot!
Guess I have to either 1) stop reading posts from my phone app or 2) Start wearing my granny glasses so I can see what I'm reading!

Hi there! This is what we know so far from DCL (several of us have confirmed via phone):

Special Dining Nights (all are at sea days)
Sun 5/19 - Formal
Fri 5/24 - Pirate Night
Sat 5/25 - Semi-Formal
Wed 5/29 - Formal

I wish they would put on a proper adultstyle ball evening on the top deck. How hard would it be? Band, food, put out some fairy lights and what have you, and let us enjoy dancing under the stars! Or maybe it'd be too cold?

gramfrog said:
Tink, my DH would love to stroll around the decks anytime of day to take pics with your DB. He has an Olympus 510 DSLR. He'd rather take pics more than just about anything except read!!!! THX. You should post a doc on our EBTA May 18 Facebook page asking for interest...:thumbsup2

I'm not on FB - would you mind posting it for me please? I may create a new page on the website and put a time and info up there as well :)

Thank you :)

DisneyMouseHouse said:
Unless we get a whole lot more orders, these won't happen...we are only half way there... :(

I figured ppl were tired of me bugging them about it, so I hadn't posted in a few days

That's a shame :(

Your not bugging anyone :)

Kirbo said:
We took our first two cruises to the MR as it was on our coast. Made the plane tickets so much better! But flying down to Florida is not cheap for us :sad: I imagine your tickets from middle America are just as bad.

Just out of interest how much do you pay for a flight to Orlando? If we were lucky, from the UK, we would maybe pay £475/$736, if you were lucky enough to secure that price!

Carys said:
I wish they would put on a proper adultstyle ball evening on the top deck. How hard would it be? Band, food, put out some fairy lights and what have you, and let us enjoy dancing under the stars! Or maybe it'd be too cold?

That would be a nice idea :)

LySand said:
I would love to do a walk about with a photographer that had some tips to share :banana:

Cool, I'll let my DB know! :)

Over the weekend, I will put a page on the website with a couple of dates and times.

Definitely!!!!!!! I asked a similar question on FB ( in know you are not on there) a while ago but there wasn't much response as I think I asked too early!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter