May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony is doing the marketing for the Smart Car here in the US. Adrienne and Tony were #1 on the list to get the car the day they were released. Adrienne got hers last month. If you want to see a Smart Car just go see hers over at The Charming Shoppe in Orange (just 5 minutes from Disneyland).

But.....take some money! I love her store and always spend money when I go visit (which is every trip to California!)

Thanks, that is excellent, I'll talk to them.

so if you aren't busy next Sunday 2/24 come on over to the track. Do you know where the moto-cross track is? I think it's at Cook's road and 113??? I worked at B&R when I was 16 I understand that need to go, and yes I get the drive thru thing too.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: but did you have an idea for a bounce house rental place in the area???

I told Jacinda and she said yes she wants to go. I have no idea where the track is but can find it on my navigation. it's the only thing that gets me home some nights! ;) As far as the bounce house thing I have no clue. We have never used one of those before. That would mean all the kids would have to come to my house for the party! :scared1: I have NOT done that kind of party before. Can't see doing it anytime soon either!

Wathcing the Daytona 500 pre-race show. Kool and the Gang singing our sailaway song----

CELEBRATION!

Yippee. I want to go on a cruise!

ok, never mind my requestion a few lines back...

Too late already replied! I am trying to stay on top of this thread seeing as how last time I stayed away for a wee little while I was behind like 40+ pages :scared1: I am cleaning my closet right now and everytime I pass my desk I hit F5 to see what I have missed. Obsessed????
:rotfl:

It was meant as a joke, but I guess I am not doing a good job of that.

Retirement homes I know of in Indy have an ice cream parlor that is open every afternoon for social time and residents are welcome to go get themselves ice cream any time at all. There is also a popcorn machine like you might have at a Fair with popcorn at all times for residents, staff and guests. I thought that Starbucks fans might like a coffee shop also. Not to pay money, but to get social time. The owner would be paid by the retirement facility. I only thought about it so Nan would not have to go to Starbucks to get coffee for her Mom.

Lame I guess. Forget it............

Jan

Hey,

I thought it was a good idea!

Carol

Retirement homes I know of in Indy have an ice cream parlor that is open every afternoon for social time and residents are welcome to go get themselves ice cream any time at all. There is also a popcorn machine like you might have at a Fair with popcorn at all times for residents, staff and guests. I thought that Starbucks fans might like a coffee shop also. Not to pay money, but to get social time. The owner would be paid by the retirement facility. I only thought about it so Nan would not have to go to Starbucks to get coffee for her Mom.

Jan

Hey,

I thought it was a good idea!

Carol

So did I! :love:

We used to go on holiday with our touring caravan and a fellow camper suggested saving old undies to wear and throw to cut down on washing. We have tried to do this for the journeys, but I really always think about everyone's mum's saying ' make sure you have clean underwear on in case you have an accident'! Make that without holes, split seams and washed out colour!!:lmao:

I was hoping you would get the call. Is it too late now?

As far as I'm concerned I'd take and pay for the upgrade at port, but I think at this date those rooms are booked and paid for, but ya never know what could happen???

I will generously offer you both my opportunity to go to Palo. When you book there, you can get the souffle. We enjoy the diningrooms more.

Jan :earsgirl:

Jan we would be glad to gorge I mean eat at Palo's in your honor....Thanks for the offer :goodvibes

Ok time for me to admit to something. I own three cars and it is just me! I have three mini vans. LMAO Two are Dodge Grand caravans. One is an all wheel drive out of those two. The other is a Honda Odyssey. All of mine are 7 seaters and I like being able to haul kids and stuff around. I am getting ready to sell them ALL off though and I had been loaning them out to family and friends as of course I cannot drive three at once! I am thinking of getting something bigger again though. I have drove larger cars before both a ford and chevy SUV and thinkning of going back to a SUV.

I have been looking at the Rovers but I really do want seating for 7 so might be stuck with a Land Rover LR3 although I would prefer a Range Rover Sport. I do want something bigger but I am so dang picky it is hard for me to decide!

ok I don't feel so bad. We had a car problem here for a while too. We have only 4 cars now and 2 drivers. But we had 6 :scared1: We downsized on the cars in the last year, thank heavens.

It is not true that retired people do not have money. Those living in retirement homes are generally able to afford a Starbucks each day. :thumbsup2

I think it depends on the community. In my mom's place all residents are well suited. And Starbucks wouldn't dip into their reserves in the least. But I do agree lots of seniors can't afford that kind of luxury.

There is always coffee and snacks availble for my mom in her place, they have a nice lounge area, but she won't go there alone. She has no problem going to Starbucks, but won't step into the lounge. Whatever.

Hi guys! You are getting close to that magic number of 3750 posts where we need to close it. With as chatty as you all are that could be in less than an hour. ;) Can you start planning on setting up all your links and a new thread so when it gets to that point we can close it.

Thanks and keep that chatting and planning going! :thumbsup2

Mine too. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Just let them know your friends here that you don't know have husbands that agree and perhaps they'd like to become friends :lmao: :lmao:

Mine thinks I'm nuts too. But he knows that my other cruise Diser friends and I had a blast together on our cruise. No matter how many times I tell him we still talk he thinks we don't. It's a man thing. Well not for John, Dr. Hug, Bubba and Woody...

UGHHHH!
Ok, get to the dealer and this 2007 under warranty one owner Nitro, the battery had to be jumped "again" as the sales guy put it. It was a night mare and I didn't like the car, however I have decided on Dodge Durango.....BUT, most places are CLOSED today. crazy!

Ok all I know we have to start a new thread in a few pages so I copied the current first post and redid all the links and such but is there anything else that should be on it?

Anything that a newbie might wanna know? I was gonna add a link to PJ's calendar so people can find that. Trying to add everything a person might need to know or want to know to the first post. A few (very few but some) have popped on here wanting info but not wanting to chat like we all do. So a one stop shop front page works well for them so they can find things out.

Any ideas folks?

Hi guys! You are getting close to that magic number of 3750 posts where we need to close it. With as chatty as you all are that could be in less than an hour. ;) Can you start planning on setting up all your links and a new thread so when it gets to that point we can close it.

Thanks and keep that chatting and planning going! :thumbsup2

I made a part 5 here

So when you have to shut us down please link us to there!
Thanks!:)

Jan

I think it was a good idea, actually. But like I just mentioned they have an area for mom to get coffee and snacks all day, but she won't go there. She is just not up for going to these places alone. She won't meet new friends. She also won't go and eat dinner alone in the dinning area. When someone calls her (a neighbor) she ALWAYS accepts the invite, but because she has such a bad memory she won't call anyone to invite them. It's sad. I think if the Starbucks was a pay for it place on site she would go. Who knows. I'm just used to going places alone and she never has been that person so sie la vie (John/Karen please correct at will, too lazy to look it up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter