March 24th,2013 / 4 nights Bahamas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Ndfor22349, May 22, 2012.

1. TinkerbellLuvr7

TinkerbellLuvr7 Tinkerbellluvr7

Went to Typhoon Lagoon today to try and work on my tan..almost 55 days to go!!!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. neffernie

neffernie DIS Veteran

My 13 year old girl will be in edge too. She isn't shy at all. Hopefully she won't talk your dd's ear off. I sent you a pm.

4. TinkerbellLuvr7

We got assigned our stateroom number today and we were upgraded from Cat. 6A to 5A.!! I hope it's a great room!!

5. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

yeah!

6. TinkerbellLuvr7

Do a lot of people dress up for the Pirate Night? Do you dress up for dinner or the party or both? I don't want it to be like the first time I went to MNSSHP and didn't dress up and seemed like the odd one out..now I dress up haha. Just didn't know how popular it was to dress up because I might head to MK this weekend or next and find some Pirate Ts before my CM 40% discount vanishes!

Thanks!

7. Princess Bette

Princess Bette DIS Veteran

Yes, we always dress up for pirate night! But you will see some who don't and some who go all out. It's a fun night! pirate:

8. scrapbookjulie

scrapbookjulie Mouseketeer

Last time, DD wore a pirate dress (fully costumed), I wore a skull t-shirt with the bandana they left in our room (partially costumed), DH wore a black polo with khaki shorts (no costume at all). I didn't feel like any of us looked out of place. Seemed like the majority of adults were dressed like me...not full out pirate, but still with a little spirit. We got dressed before the shows/dinner. Most everybody else seemed dressed by then, too.

9. ktmo

ktmo Mouseketeer

I got pirate costumes for the girls to wear, but I don't think that DH or I will dress up. But, it is our first Disney cruise, so we don't know what to expect.

10. toniosmom

toniosmom AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

We were on the Dream in November 2011. I was surprised at how many adults dressed up. Some families went all out and the entire group was decked out. It was kind of fun to see. My son refused to wear his costume, so I didn't bother dressing up myself.

If you want to dress up, by all means do so! It's fun!

11. EDH Family

EDH Family Married to the Mouse

We would love to do a DIS board meet! They are typically done around 3pm before the drill in a lounge or on a particular deck area. Does that sound good to everyone?

12. postalchick71

postalchick71 Mouseketeer

I've never dressed up for pirate night. DS does and loves it. A lot of people really do get into it I love seeing people's creativity.

13. TinkerbellLuvr7

Thanks for all the responses! Our CM 40% merch discount is over on the 13th so I think next sunday I'll check out POTC gift shop and see if I can find some shirts to at least wear. I think Design A Tee would be a good place as well which might be stop #2 if POTC doesn't have what I'm looking for!

~sorry..another question! What are typical attires worn when going to CC and a beach day at Atlantis? I was thinking just swim suit and simple cover-up for CC and Atlantis maybe shorts and a tshirt + bring swimsuit??? I'm assuming they have changing areas??

Sorry for all the questions..newbee here obviously!!! :)

14. scrapbookjulie

I wore a cover up over my swimsuit for CC last time and will do so again. DD wore the same, but this year she says she's bringing shorts for the bike ride. I don't remember any changing areas.

Haven't been to Atlantis yet. That's on this year's agenda! :)

15. jenners351

jenners351 Earning My Ears

I'm not sure whether my mom will dress up, she seems enthused about it. But my dd isn't thinking she wants to dress up. It'll just be the two of them since dh &myself will be sneaking off to palo that night.

16. couchpotato

couchpotato Earning My Ears

Sounds fun. Would this include the kids? Husband can't make it, so it's just me and DS9. He is very outgoing and looking forward to making new friends on board.

17. jenners351

jenners351 Earning My Ears

Sounds good to me:)

18. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

How about the Vista Cafe for the meet? It's right near the stairs- then we can take a group photo before we go to Muster. :goodvibes

19. toniosmom

toniosmom AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

It's just me and (my also outgoing) DS8 on this trip, so we'd love to meet too!

20. ssnow32539

ssnow32539 Earning My Ears

The Vista Cafe sounds good to us. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. scrapbookjulie

We should be able to make it to a 3:00 meet up. I know Lindsay (11) will be anxious to meet up with new friends.