March 24th,2013 / 4 nights Bahamas

azmommyx2 said:
Hi Everyone - i have an almost 11 year old son and a 13 year old daughter going on the cruise. I am wondering if anyone has children similar in age? I am planning on them both going in the edge. My 13 year old is very shy and it would great for her to meet someone before the cruise - like a pen pal. My son would prefer to not have to hang out with his sister:)

Kim

My 13 year old girl will be in edge too. She isn't shy at all. Hopefully she won't talk your dd's ear off. I sent you a pm.

We got assigned our stateroom number today and we were upgraded from Cat. 6A to 5A.!! I hope it's a great room!!

Do a lot of people dress up for the Pirate Night? Do you dress up for dinner or the party or both? I don't want it to be like the first time I went to MNSSHP and didn't dress up and seemed like the odd one out..now I dress up haha. Just didn't know how popular it was to dress up because I might head to MK this weekend or next and find some Pirate Ts before my CM 40% discount vanishes!

Thanks!

Do a lot of people dress up for the Pirate Night? Do you dress up for dinner or the party or both? I don't want it to be like the first time I went to MNSSHP and didn't dress up and seemed like the odd one out..now I dress up haha. Just didn't know how popular it was to dress up because I might head to MK this weekend or next and find some Pirate Ts before my CM 40% discount vanishes!

Thanks!

Yes, we always dress up for pirate night! But you will see some who don't and some who go all out. It's a fun night! pirate:

Last time, DD wore a pirate dress (fully costumed), I wore a skull t-shirt with the bandana they left in our room (partially costumed), DH wore a black polo with khaki shorts (no costume at all). I didn't feel like any of us looked out of place. Seemed like the majority of adults were dressed like me...not full out pirate, but still with a little spirit. We got dressed before the shows/dinner. Most everybody else seemed dressed by then, too.

Thanks!

I got pirate costumes for the girls to wear, but I don't think that DH or I will dress up. But, it is our first Disney cruise, so we don't know what to expect.

We were on the Dream in November 2011. I was surprised at how many adults dressed up. Some families went all out and the entire group was decked out. It was kind of fun to see. My son refused to wear his costume, so I didn't bother dressing up myself.

If you want to dress up, by all means do so! It's fun!

Hello everyone,

Counting down the days till we start our vacation and taking our first cruise. I was wondering if people would be interested in meeting up once on board. we could do drinks by the pool, afternoon desserts or any other ideas.

Let me know if you would be interested

Steve

We would love to do a DIS board meet! They are typically done around 3pm before the drill in a lounge or on a particular deck area. Does that sound good to everyone?

I've never dressed up for pirate night. DS does and loves it. A lot of people really do get into it I love seeing people's creativity.

Thanks for all the responses! Our CM 40% merch discount is over on the 13th so I think next sunday I'll check out POTC gift shop and see if I can find some shirts to at least wear. I think Design A Tee would be a good place as well which might be stop #2 if POTC doesn't have what I'm looking for!

~sorry..another question! What are typical attires worn when going to CC and a beach day at Atlantis? I was thinking just swim suit and simple cover-up for CC and Atlantis maybe shorts and a tshirt + bring swimsuit??? I'm assuming they have changing areas??

Sorry for all the questions..newbee here obviously!!! :)

I wore a cover up over my swimsuit for CC last time and will do so again. DD wore the same, but this year she says she's bringing shorts for the bike ride. I don't remember any changing areas.

Haven't been to Atlantis yet. That's on this year's agenda! :)

I'm not sure whether my mom will dress up, she seems enthused about it. But my dd isn't thinking she wants to dress up. It'll just be the two of them since dh &myself will be sneaking off to palo that night.

EDH Family said:
We would love to do a DIS board meet! They are typically done around 3pm before the drill in a lounge or on a particular deck area. Does that sound good to everyone?

Sounds fun. Would this include the kids? Husband can't make it, so it's just me and DS9. He is very outgoing and looking forward to making new friends on board.

EDH Family said:

Sounds good to me:)

How about the Vista Cafe for the meet? It's right near the stairs- then we can take a group photo before we go to Muster. :goodvibes

Sounds fun. Would this include the kids? Husband can't make it, so it's just me and DS9. He is very outgoing and looking forward to making new friends on board.

It's just me and (my also outgoing) DS8 on this trip, so we'd love to meet too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter