March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

hi everybody just got a question or two look at pirate night wanted my DD to get all made up but is sold out. Do the still have appointment if you go their on the first day of the ship? Also some of the shore activities are sold out can you still book them on the ship too? Thank you all for your information.

Well we just booked this cruise last weekend! When we called about it the guy told us we booked the last room. :rolleyes1 We are really excited and are really looking forward to this cruise. Now i just have to catch up on all the posts! Is there a fish extender group for this cruise?? If so, please let me know how to join.
Thanks!!

hi everybody just got a question or two look at pirate night wanted my DD to get all made up but is sold out. Do the still have appointment if you go their on the first day of the ship? Also some of the shore activities are sold out can you still book them on the ship too? Thank you all for your information.

They don't hold back any excursions but you can put your name on a waiting list or book on your own. BBB does have some appointments to book when you board.

Well we just booked this cruise last weekend! When we called about it the guy told us we booked the last room. :rolleyes1 We are really excited and are really looking forward to this cruise. Now i just have to catch up on all the posts! Is there a fish extender group for this cruise?? If so, please let me know how to join.
Thanks!!

:welcome: to the cruise group!

I'm sorry but the FE groups have both closed. All of the other group information is in the first post.

I've been doing some research, just found out about the fish extenders and how to find people on the cruise. We're taking my mom on her first ever cruise and our daughters who are 12 and 14 (still big kids). I noticed that the Fish Extenders is closed now. I was looking at ordering one online, should I bag it or is there anyway to still be involved with it? I know the girls and my mom would get a kick out of it. Thanks for any advice.

I've been doing some research, just found out about the fish extenders and how to find people on the cruise. We're taking my mom on her first ever cruise and our daughters who are 12 and 14 (still big kids). I noticed that the Fish Extenders is closed now. I was looking at ordering one online, should I bag it or is there anyway to still be involved with it? I know the girls and my mom would get a kick out of it. Thanks for any advice.

great question. there is a late group set up for people just like yourself and i bet lisa will be all over your post pretty soon, she's awesome about getting back to posters on both DIS and there is also a facebook group for this cruise but i do know that may be closing soon as we're just a few weeks away. you can try to message her but if you're newer on the boards you won't be able to do a PM. her dis id is lbgraves pretty sure. i've actually been thinking about adding us to the late group of FE people as well, we're in the early list as well. lisa if you read this... when is the cut off for late group?

welcome!

lisa, just saw your post a couple above this saying both groups are closed - sorry didn't realize that! when did the late group close? i'm just making my main gift today and was thinking i could probably include myself in that late group yet to help bulk up that group some more. but i guess i'm too late. i've never started working on FE gifts much before one month prior to cruise. i have my idea set and decided but as far as assembling and order supplies, etc - that all happens in the month before.

great question. there is a late group set up for people just like yourself and i bet lisa will be all over your post pretty soon, she's awesome about getting back to posters on both DIS and there is also a facebook group for this cruise but i do know that may be closing soon as we're just a few weeks away. you can try to message her but if you're newer on the boards you won't be able to do a PM. her dis id is lbgraves pretty sure. i've actually been thinking about adding us to the late group of FE people as well, we're in the early list as well. lisa if you read this... when is the cut off for late group?

welcome!

lisa, just saw your post a couple above this saying both groups are closed - sorry didn't realize that! when did the late group close? i'm just making my main gift today and was thinking i could probably include myself in that late group yet to help bulk up that group some more. but i guess i'm too late. i've never started working on FE gifts much before one month prior to cruise. i have my idea set and decided but as far as assembling and order supplies, etc - that all happens in the month before.

There are only 2 staterooms in the late comer group who are not in the main group as well, so you can get the information from the second sheet on the FE doc and include them if you are able.

The late group closed on 2/15, a month later than the main group. A month is about the minimal amount of time for anyone having to make or order something for the FE.

Just sent out an email to the FE groups. Make sure you let me know if there are any changes to room numbers before 3/19. After that point it will be crazy and you should post your change here to the thread. If there are last minute changes or if anyone upgrades at the port, please post your new room number and ID on my door. Remember not everyone will have internet access those last few days before the cruise, so post a change just to make sure you can be found by everyone. I would suggest that you stop by and see if there have been any changes before you start your FE journey.

Just thought to post that if anyone joining the thread late wants to coordinate their own FE exchange they are welcome to do so. Also wanted to share what we did for the kids before the FEs even started. I read about Tink gifts on the boards. I talked to the host the first afternoon and we worked out that I would put the gifts in a bag and hang it on the hook outside the bathroom door when we left for dinner. When the host prepared the room for the night, they took the things out of the bag and incorporated them into the towel animal on the bed. I picked up things on clearance at Target & Disneystore.com like Pooh markers, Mickey & princess pens, special trading pins, and small stuffed characters. The first night was a pair of PJ pals for each of the kids. The kids learned the routine quickly even at 3 & 5. That made it much easier to get them to go to the room after the show & a little wandering around the ship without a battle because they wanted to see what Tink had left them. ;)

IThe only good thing is that my cousin Jackie has decided to come instead of my mum. So anyone who made up a personalized FE gift for my mum, don't worry they are interchangeable.
Brenda

Hi Lisa, was just wondering if the name can be changed from my mum Beatrice to Jackie on the FE/ cruiser list. There's still 3 females, so just the gifts hopefully don't need to be changed.:flower3:

Brenda

Done. I took care of it on the main list before, but missed the FE list. :)

My sister and her family just got off the Western Fantasy this past weekend. Despite "the challenging weather" they had a great time. She even joined DVC while on board !!! So excited for her. Can't wait to sail!! My husband is starting to get really excited too.

lbgraves said:
There are only 2 staterooms in the late comer group who are not in the main group as well, so you can get the information from the second sheet on the FE doc and include them if you are able.

The late group closed on 2/15, a month later than the main group. A month is about the minimal amount of time for anyone having to make or order something for the FE.

I am a little confused. This is my first FE. Reading this post re: only 2 staterooms on the late list not included in the main. On the late group list there are 6 families which I being one of those, have prepared for. Should I have prepared for more or just the 6 families on the late comers list. Thank you. Oh, and to clarify the list is now closed and complete. Sorry if I am a little 'slow'z

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter