If disney could stop one thing Park guests do what should it be?

So after he got past his stunned silence, what did he do?
2 other couples near by started cheering and called him an idiot which I don't think he was expecting others to be watching. also I'm 53 and he was not older than 30 so i'm sure he was thinking what happens if this old guy who is standing up to him takes him down if he starts something how would that look on youtube. and fyi It would have been hilarious .

selfie sticks. I know they are banned but last night I was standing along a rail guard on a bridge ( so off to the side taking a picture ) when pow. someone with a stick walks right into me, then has the nerve to say to me I should not be standing there and told me to get off the bridge ( you know a 20 foot wide bridge ) then he just stared at me for a full minute waiting for me to respond, actually hovering over me. So I took his camera removed the selfie stick and snapped it into many little pieces. then handed him back his camera saying next time its the camera not the stick.
So this younger, apparently assertive man just stood idly by for the whole time while you grabbed his property from him, unfastened the camera, and broke a metal rod into multiple pieces? And didn't call for security and ask that you be arrested for assault and destruction of his property? I commend HIS restraint.

Things I hate but that Disney could not really fix because there will always be selfish or mean people no matter where you go:

1. Parents who let their kids do anything they want without supervision. Just because it is WDW does not mean that there is no parenting needed. Children can get rowdy and can end up hurting others. That was the case when we were at the resort pool last time. Some older kids were playing too rough and kicked one of my child in the head and I got an elbow in my back. The parents were just sitting there ignoring them. Then I saw the same kids jump into the pool over a toddler who was swimming. I don't blame the kids, it is the parents who should have stepped in.
:crutches:

2. When we sat over 45 min saving our spot for the parade or fireworks and at the last minute a parent who just got there sticks his kid in front of mine. Or the family in question slowly pushes their way to the front pushing the younger viewers out of the way! I hate that. ARG!:headache:

3. When there is a group of people who act out during the ride to get attention. We had a group of Brazilians on our Safari expedition who kept screaming stuff out and cutting off the driver's monologue. Not only did they bust our ear drums they were scaring the animals. It was just so rude and my young kids where like "Mom, why are these people screaming?" One lady got so mad that she started screaming at them to shut up and it just seemed to make matters worse. They got louder and rowdier just to piss her off more. The driver (CM) was so uncomfortable he did not know what to say, and I don't blame him. It completely ruined the ride for my children who just got to watch these grown adults acting like children the whole time.:sad2:

4. People who hate kids and give you dirty looks, especially in the sit down restaurants. First of all, this is Disney so if you don't like kids, you should not be vacationing at Disney. If you do hate kids, keep the dirty looks to yourself. I know some people think that because they are in a fancy restaurant there should be no kids allowed but then go to a restaurant off property for goodness sake!

5. I hate when people give you that look like your a bad parent because of your child' actions. I have had times where my kids were misbehaving and I had to put them in time out no matter where I was. Once I put my son in time out on the sidewalk right in the middle of the park. He sat there until he calmed down and apologized. He really wanted a toy and when I said no he went ballistic with a crying fit and ended up hitting me out of anger. I was not going to tolerate that behaviour so I dragged him out of the store and into a more quiet zone. I could not find a bench so I sat him there on the sidewalk crying and kicking. Boy did I get a lot of dirty looks, but hey, I was not going to let my kid or those people intimidate me. My kid quickly learnt that this strategy to get toys was not going to work and he was good for the rest of the trip! Embarrassing yes and hard to do when there are tons of people watching and judging you but what choice did I have. Hitting is unacceptable!

Last edited:
selfie sticks. I know they are banned but last night I was standing along a rail guard on a bridge ( so off to the side taking a picture ) when pow. someone with a stick walks right into me, then has the nerve to say to me I should not be standing there and told me to get off the bridge ( you know a 20 foot wide bridge ) then he just stared at me for a full minute waiting for me to respond, actually hovering over me. So I took his camera removed the selfie stick and snapped it into many little pieces. then handed him back his camera saying next time its the camera not the stick.

Sorry, but in my book that isn't much better than the fool carrying the selfie stick.

Anyone interested in buying a bridge?

[QUOTE="Alexsandra, post: 54307357, member: 353073"

4. People who hate kids and give you dirty looks, especially in the sit down restaurants. First of all, this is Disney so if you don't like kids, you should not be vacationing at Disney. If you do hate kids, keep the dirty looks to yourself. I know some people think that because they are in a fancy restaurant there should be no kids allowed but then go to a restaurant off property for goodness sake!

[/QUOTE]

Even at a Disney restaurant kids need to behave in an appropriate manner. If your kids are getting dirty looks, then I would bet they are not sitting there, well behaved. People don't glare at kids for fun.

[QUOTE="Alexsandra, post: 54307357, member: 353073"

Even at a Disney restaurant kids need to behave in an appropriate manner. If your kids are getting dirty looks, then I would bet they are not sitting there, well behaved. People don't glare at kids for fun.[/QUOTE]

Nope - sometimes the glares come before you've even sat down. Grouchy people are just grouchy. The first dinner on our cruise the other couple at the table looked at my children and said, "What are they doing here?" I mean, really?! Hello to you too!

Without a doubt, stop the chanting, cheering groups. Sorry to be a buzz kill to those people who do this, but have some consideration for others and tone it down.

I've had several experiences with this! BUT on our last trip in July, no chanting, no cheering. I think Disney finally told those tour groups enough is enough

Even at a Disney restaurant kids need to behave in an appropriate manner. If your kids are getting dirty looks, then I would bet they are not sitting there, well behaved. People don't glare at kids for fun.

I agree completely about children being well mannered, but sometimes we get dirty looks just because we are a family eating out with kids. And some adults think that a nice restaurant is no place for kids. They just don't want my kids ruining their dining experience and they give us dirty looks even before we sit down.

Nope - sometimes the glares come before you've even sat down. Grouchy people are just grouchy. The first dinner on our cruise the other couple at the table looked at my children and said, "What are they doing here?" I mean, really?! Hello to you too![/QUOTE]

Yup this is true. Some people just don't want kids sitting next to them. We fly with the kids all the time and some adults sigh out loud when they see us getting into our seats. My boys are actually really good travellers and are really quiet so often at the end of the flight those same people compliment us on how well behaved the boys were during the flight. Oh well, what can we do?

Last edited:

make-sure-people-will-understand-your-writing-by-testing-your-readability-score.w654.jpg

Sorry, but in my book that isn't much better than the fool carrying the selfie stick.
does it help that I always had a smile on my face. I'm pretty mild manner but this guy was getting very aggressive and I was with my 6 year old grand daughter and he actually bumped into her while hovering around me just inched from my face. kind of made me nervous so I wanted his focus on me not my daughter and grand daughter. had he just said oh sorry about that I would have said as normal don't worry about it I wasn't even upset when he ran into me it only changed when he started to say I should not be there and to get off the bridge. really don't do well with the bully attitude

no chance

Did space ninjas battle you on their magical unicorns afterwards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter