If disney could stop one thing Park guests do what should it be?

I'll assume you don't mean to include the water parks in that statement.

I don't understand why we still make this distinction, but I accept that it's social convention that I follow. Usually. :)

Ha! Good point! Male toplessness is absolutely fine in water parks - regardless of the physique or or amount of sweat coming off of the person. :)

I wish Disney could stop other guests from running me off the walkways, and I'm always the one who has to move to the side, to get out of their way.

We always joke when this happens, and say "well, I guess we are invisible again". LOL

But seriously, it does seem as though some folks would just run us over, rather than at least move part of the way to the side.

Oh well, I guess that's just the way it is anywhere where tons of people are in the same place.

It's not just Disney. I get this everywhere too. I'm not a little guy either at 6' 295. I guess I just tend to be more polite and willing to move to the side or out of the way. Unless I get fed up with drunken crowds at bars, festivals, or other events here in Colorado and decide to start bulldozing.

I wish they had more full time CM's. they would care more about the Disney magic than someone who id in the college program and only there for a few months before moving on. I know full time costs a little more but they also are more invested in the job. you made 4.1 billion so for disney surely you can afford a few more full time CM's

As a former CP, who cares more about the Disney magic than you'd ever believe, I think you might want to revisit your opinions of the college program. A lot of the CPs I knew in my time were more dedicated to making magic than even longtime--and full-time--CMs! I might have only been working for Disney for a few months on my college program, but that doesn't make me any less invested in that job than any other cast member! And at this point, with the number of acceptances increasing every term, CPs are only going to be more and more common. Fortunately for everyone, we're some of the most dedicated people ever staffing the parks! I know that if they let me come back for another internship, I'll be back making the magic as a professional intern or CP soon!

For what it's worth, this may be partially a cultural issue. I have traveled throughout Latin American and Caribbean countries and noticed that people often left their trash on tables at fast food restaurants or even at parks and beaches. I have asked friends about this, and they very sincerely said there are people paid to pick up the trash, and they don't want to take their jobs! Although it seemed odd to me, they were quite serious. These friends were not lazy or slobs in any other way that I saw.

I know this doesn't help the experience for those used to picking up their own trash, but it may explain why it seems to be getting worse as we become more multi-cultural, especially at the theme parks.

At a quick service restaurant whether in day to day life or at Disney, I don't feel obligated to clear the table. If it is busy and I am finished and I see someone with food looking for a table, then I will take my trash and put it in the bin. Otherwise, I will leave it. I know there are staff who are there specifically to clear tables. These staff also CLEAN the tables , not just clear away trash. Leaving the trash on the tables is a way of making sure the tables are cleaned regularly, not just cleared

At a quick service restaurant whether in day to day life or at Disney, I don't feel obligated to clear the table. If it is busy and I am finished and I see someone with food looking for a table, then I will take my trash and put it in the bin. Otherwise, I will leave it. I know there are staff who are there specifically to clear tables. These staff also CLEAN the tables , not just clear away trash. Leaving the trash on the tables is a way of making sure the tables are cleaned regularly, not just cleared

:rolleyes:

Call me crazy but this just seems like a mixture of laziness and lack of common courtesy to me. :rolleyes2

Please, for the love of God, please stop people from using flash during Pirates of the Caribbean. Everytime I see someone doing this I want to slap their phone out of their hand and into the water.

Please, for the love of God, please stop people from using flash during Pirates of the Caribbean. Everytime I see someone doing this I want to slap their phone out of their hand and into the water.
The me generation coming of age. No one is going to tell them what to do! After all, they all got a participation trophy!

Way to justify not cleaning up after yourself.

The groups that feel they need to be singings, chanting, and yelling for everyone to see and hear them:furious: .... enough already... this would be first on my list,

Then the people who try to get in the fast pass line with no fast pass and argue with the CM:mad:, and stand there like I am not moving till you let me go...., Nope not today..

3rd would be that everyone should take a shower and use deodorant:crazy2:,.... nothing worse than standing/sitting on the bus next someone who BO:faint: is about as toxic as Chernobyl:scared:..
And there should be something or someone in the bathrooms that would not let people out unless they washed there hands:eek:... This is so gross... and no hand sanitizer just doesn't get it:confused:... Soap and water....

Great post:thumbsup2

As a former CP, who cares more about the Disney magic than you'd ever believe, I think you might want to revisit your opinions of the college program. A lot of the CPs I knew in my time were more dedicated to making magic than even longtime--and full-time--CMs! I might have only been working for Disney for a few months on my college program, but that doesn't make me any less invested in that job than any other cast member! And at this point, with the number of acceptances increasing every term, CPs are only going to be more and more common. Fortunately for everyone, we're some of the most dedicated people ever staffing the parks! I know that if they let me come back for another internship, I'll be back making the magic as a professional intern or CP soon!
I can accept that for a lot of the col program members. some of what im seeing though is when I see a cast member who clearly does not care and is just going through the motions a lot of the time they are in the program. perhaps what Disney needs to do is pay more attention to the cast members who are making the bad impression and either work with them and failing that replace them. a lot of Disney parks success was because of the CM it's too bad I'm starting to see more of that from the ppl at universal than Disney. Disney needs to pay attention to the details more clean washrooms, maintain rides, good cast members ect ect. do that and ppl won't complain as much about the cost of Disney vacations.

well disney announced a ton of changes coming to the parks. I'm hoping they plan this construction out a lot more then they did in downtown Disney. Hollywood studios is getting 2 complete new lands so are we going to see nothing but blocked pathways and fences and cranes at that park for the next 3 years? It use to be Disney would do a lot of work after the parks were closed so visitors would not be robbed of the park experience. the final product at downtown Disney was great, but the construction was stupid. no parking closed entrances, walk 15 min down a path only to see a dead end sign and have to turn around. Please Disney plan the new stuff with visitors in mind. or start cutting your rates. ( yeah like that will ever happen )

Sorry, that's just plain lazy. It takes no time for you to take your garbage away. And I know that at least at the fast food places I go to, if they don't have to remove the garbage, they have more time to really clean the table.

This is something I experienced several times on a recent trip to Disneyland. Why do people form a line for the restroom when there are empty stalls? I've seen people who are so busy staring at their phones that they don't look up long enough to see there are 5 or 6 empty stalls at the end of the row. The doors are partially open. You just have to give it a little attention to see they're empty. It's like if the closest stalls are in use, they just stop and form a line. Then people line up behind them and so on. I can't count the number of times I've stood in line, only to see empty several empty stalls when I get close enough to the front. I've mentioned it to the people in front of me, "There are some empty ones at the end." I'm usually met with a shrug, or just plain ignored and they continue to stand there. Some people are grateful. They just didn't notice. Others don't care. They don't want to walk that far so they'll hold up the rest of the people while they wait. In those cases, I will walk around them and proceed to the empty stall. They had their chance. One thing that got me - there was a woman ahead of me who walked to a stall when it was her turn. She looked inside, made a face, and didn't go in. I asked her if it was out of order. She said no, it's very dirty. I glanced in, only to find an unflushed toilet seat cover. It looked like the toilet had been flushed but didn't drag the cover all the way down. It looked clean to me. It was just a piece of paper. I went into the stall and she stared in disbelief. How could I use such a dirty stall? Also, I saw people standing at the sinks for a long time while drying their hands. Since there were like 20 stalls and only 6 sinks, there was already a back up. Wash your hands, take a towel, and walk away. And it's not cute to let your kids play in the sink while you're fixing your hair. There's a line of people waiting to wash their hands, and there's a severe drought. Letting your kids turn the water on and off and watching it run down the sink is not an acceptable way to keep them entertained. OK, rant over.

I have a list:

1. Someone telling a child or parent to keep your child quite this is not a place for children. I told the lady this is Walt Disney World! It made for children.

2. People using scooters/evc for the sole purpose of taking advantage of the system. I am all for people that need the use of scooters and evc. Their right should be respected and observed. But solely using a scooter/ evc for personal advantage were there is NO medical or physical need at WDW is wrong. They are selfish and disrespecting others. Sadly I have meet people that bragged about doing this!

3. Both groups of people: People using scooters/evc and not using scooters/evc not paying attention. I have seen non-scooter/evc people run into people using scooter/evc and blame person using scooter/evc. I have also seen People using scooter/evc running over children and adults too.

4. People being rude to CM and CP. DW and I get asked several times by CM are we DVC Members. I have asked CM why did they ask us that question. Large majority told us, "Both of you are relaxed, not in hurry and very polite to us and we have found that DVC Member act like that. We tell them "yes we are DVC members".

5. Someone getting very mad at a bus driver for not allowing them on the bus. EX: Several years ago a man threw his baby at the bus driver for not allowing him on the bus. If you need get back to your room that quickly, then get a taxi cab or rent a car.

6. Lastly People not enjoying WDW! It is know around the world as the "Happiest Place on Earth"!!!!

Ha! Good point! Male toplessness is absolutely fine in water parks - regardless of the physique or or amount of sweat coming off of the person. :)

Since women make a big deal about the right to breastfeed in public, why not just allow them to go topless in the water parks too? I honestly don't see the difference at all except one has utility and the other doesn't but the end result is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter