If disney could stop one thing Park guests do what should it be?

I do believe the women populous should make the determination if they go topless or not.

Personally I do care either way.

There are women that make the argument that men are allowed go topless in public and they should too. They have a good point.

First few years would very odd. Changing Western culture will be entertaining with all conflicts. Women will need understand that men for the next few years will be looking at their chest more till it becomes social norm.

I do believe the women populous should make the determination if they go topless or not.

Personally I do care either way.

There are women that make the argument that men are allowed go topless in public and they should too. They have a good point.

First few years would very odd. Changing Western culture will be entertaining with all conflicts. Women will need understand that men for the next few years will be looking at their chest more till it becomes social norm.

Women can legally go topless here (Ontario). You rarely see anyone, in general public, doing so though.

Women can legally go topless here (Ontario). You rarely see anyone, in general public, doing so though.

As a culture I think we may be too up tight. I saw people in Italy from all over Europe go nude into saunas and steam rooms with nary an afterthought. If only we all had that sense of self security, eh?

It would be GREAT if Disney could stop people being gross. Don't come into the park in August when you haven't showered for the last 2 days. Don't throw your trash on the ground. Don't stand 2 inches behind me in line and breathe all over me when you had chili for lunch. Don't change your baby's poopy diaper in the Jungle Cruise line! And no, don't leave your garbage all over the table in a QSR because you're too lazy to put it in the bin.

The breastfeeding thing I don't get. That's what breasts are for! If it offends you (and I cannot understand why it would) just look the other way.

I have a list:

1. Someone telling a child or parent to keep your child quite this is not a place for children. I told the lady this is Walt Disney World! It made for children.

2. People using scooters/evc for the sole purpose of taking advantage of the system. I am all for people that need the use of scooters and evc. Their right should be respected and observed. But solely using a scooter/ evc for personal advantage were there is NO medical or physical need at WDW is wrong. They are selfish and disrespecting others. Sadly I have meet people that bragged about doing this!

#1. I somewhat agree. However if you are in a movie at WDW, such as Mickey's Philharmagic, you do need to keep your child quiet or remove them. Letting your child scream and cry ruins the show for the rest of us. Had that during my last trip, the people in front of us let their child howl thru the whole movie. :mad:

#2. There are no advantages to using ECVs or scooters at Disney World. You don't get to cut the lines (except at the buses where it is for the safety of all guests that they board first) and you spend their whole day looking at people's rears.

Grumpy people. Can we ban grumpy people? We could install "grump-o-meters" in the parks. If one scores too high on the grumpy meter, he or she must return to the resort for a nap, swim and margarita (unless it's a child, who must have a nap, swim and pacifier/breastfeeding (while covered or uncovered)/bottle/juice box.

Only if they can ban bad manners/rudeness/cheering/chanting and stupidity in general.

Haven't read the thread so apologies if this has been posted, but the one thing I'd ban is park guests...going to the park. Then I'd have it all to myself! Woohoo!!

Strollers. When your child is too tired to walk, go back to the hotel for a nap. That was our rule when our kids were small. And yes, we rejoiced when both kids were old enough to get up and be in the park at 630 am for Early Admission, and stay until midnight without a nap.

#2. There are no advantages to using ECVs or scooters at Disney World. You don't get to cut the lines (except at the buses where it is for the safety of all guests that they board first) and you spend their whole day looking at people's rears.

You can legally run over slow people who are in your way though.

The line holders and the people bunching up in line behind and around you. I have worked in prisons for 10 years. So I have a mild case of anxiety when people I don't know are really close to me or crowding around me. And it bothers my wife because she can see it get to me and she has unfortunately seen me snap at people in malls/stores, concerts because of it. And the people that let there kids sneak up in lines and then they go "oh I have to get up there with my kid" Had that happen once and I did say something to the guy about keeping a eye on your kid then. He got a little angry look on his face but did say anything.

At a quick service restaurant whether in day to day life or at Disney, I don't feel obligated to clear the table. If it is busy and I am finished and I see someone with food looking for a table, then I will take my trash and put it in the bin. Otherwise, I will leave it. I know there are staff who are there specifically to clear tables. These staff also CLEAN the tables , not just clear away trash. Leaving the trash on the tables is a way of making sure the tables are cleaned regularly, not just cleared

Wow. There are trash bins everywhere. You are expected to put your trash in it and put the tray on top of the bin. Not doing so is just lazy and making more work for ones wiping down the tables.

Call me crazy but this just seems like a mixture of laziness and lack of common courtesy to me. :rolleyes2

No need to call you crazy, you are completely right. :)

What I would like for Disney to stop doing is letting so many people into the parks...in January. That has always been our favorite month to go to WDW. Very low crowds. Very little wait for rides and not much need for Fast Pass. But, this past January I got a rude awakening. We went for a week with DD and her DH and their two kids, and her DH's parents. I was not expecting the crowds we encountered. :( So disappointing. Between the crowds and the expense we probably won't be rushing back anytime soon.

I think we can all agree with manners. remember when ppl had them. you know the rude selfish ppl at the parks are the same ones we see on the roads when theres a long line in the right lane waiting to turn right and someone drives up in the left lane to the front and then starts squeezing over until someone has no choice but to let them in or get a dent in their car. we have raised a generation of self importance. we don't keep score in sports so we don't hurt your feelings, we lower the passing grade so theres no child left behind even if it robs children who work very hard a better education. and god forbid we expect someone to do a full days job for a full days pay. Don't make enough money don't try to improve your situation we will just raise the minimum wage. forget the fact that makes everything more expensive for everyone. Oh well theres nothing we can do now because it's too late, more and more ppl have no manners and no thoughts for others. it's the way of the world and it's getting worse every year, even at the happiest place on earth

#1. I somewhat agree. However if you are in a movie at WDW, such as Mickey's Philharmagic, you do need to keep your child quiet or remove them. Letting your child scream and cry ruins the show for the rest of us. Had that during my last trip, the people in front of us let their child howl thru the whole movie. :mad:

Well there are a couple of rides in MK where it is an advantage. But that is more than made up for on those where it is a disadvantage. That's not to mention the slow speed of a scooter is going to give those just walking a huge speed advantage between the rides. Anyone that rents a scooter just to gain an advantage will learn quickly they messed up by doing so.

At a quick service restaurant whether in day to day life or at Disney, I don't feel obligated to clear the table. If it is busy and I am finished and I see someone with food looking for a table, then I will take my trash and put it in the bin. Otherwise, I will leave it. I know there are staff who are there specifically to clear tables. These staff also CLEAN the tables , not just clear away trash. Leaving the trash on the tables is a way of making sure the tables are cleaned regularly, not just cleared
Actually leaving trash on the table means the CM has to take more time clearing tables causing them to be able to clean fewer tables, not more. Oh and Michael Jackson always cleared his tables.

selfie sticks. I know they are banned but last night I was standing along a rail guard on a bridge ( so off to the side taking a picture ) when pow. someone with a stick walks right into me, then has the nerve to say to me I should not be standing there and told me to get off the bridge ( you know a 20 foot wide bridge ) then he just stared at me for a full minute waiting for me to respond, actually hovering over me. So I took his camera removed the selfie stick and snapped it into many little pieces. then handed him back his camera saying next time its the camera not the stick.

selfie sticks. I know they are banned but last night I was standing along a rail guard on a bridge ( so off to the side taking a picture ) when pow. someone with a stick walks right into me, then has the nerve to say to me I should not be standing there and told me to get off the bridge ( you know a 20 foot wide bridge ) then he just stared at me for a full minute waiting for me to respond, actually hovering over me. So I took his camera removed the selfie stick and snapped it into many little pieces. then handed him back his camera saying next time its the camera not the stick.
So after he got past his stunned silence, what did he do?

I don't see how responding to nastiness or rudeness or grumpiness in kind improves the parks for anyone.

I still wish it were possible to load everyone up with a two-day supply of pleasant attitude and common courtesy every time they come through the turnstiles -- and encourage them to use it freely, very freely, go completely bonkers with it. I'd rather see those kiosks at every turn instead of FP kiosks any day. It's how the parks used to feel, even as an adult visitor, not all that many years ago.

I'd like them to fix the queues that folks all bunch up like a cattle call (Haunted Mansion, Test track...) and make them single file queues instead. People just push and shove and get ugly in those queues. I try to just go slow at the back of the pack but then they release a new pack and they come pushing past me. And I'm usually with my kids and would like to stay with them and not get separated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter