How To Lose Waldo in 10 days-The Trilogy~NEW 10/26 - Final Thoughts; Adios Amigos!

Michael sounds like he was really enthused about this:
Yup, he was more enthused about LL & I dreaming of a Disney Wedding! :lmao:

That was awesome!
Wasn't it though? I was all warm and fuzzy inside all night! :cloud9:

Seriously, 10 minutes? Felt like eternity.
I doubt it, but I couldnt' remember, so I made it up. :ssst:

You all were so sweet - really, I'd have happily taken Leo wherever and met back up with you, but it worked out well, didn't it?!
Are you kidding? Separate the 3 amigos and tag-along Evan? NEVAH! ;)

IMG_2046.jpg

WHY didn't someone tell me how stupid the ears looked on top of my hat?!?!
:lmao: Maddie says you look like Polly Pocket!

This is a hoot! Yep, we stuck you with the kiddos. Who loves ya baybee?!
That's ok, I love them babies! :goodvibes

I have a theory... I threw some dill in my tuna salad the other day and it reminded me suspiciously of the Magical CHH Tuna... maybe that's the secret green flakey ingredient?
I think you're on to something there, V.

Yes, that was the plan!
:sad2:
A dream!

A dream is still a dream...no matter how small!

And what a fun day with all of you guys together. What better thing to bond over for kids...than WDW!!!
Fo'shizzle! :thumbsup2
He was so sweet asking, how could we refuse
There's a picture somewhere.... someone got a shot of it, I'll have to find it and post it. It's too cute!

Uh hum didn't 2 other people ride with you
D'Oh! That's right, I completely forget because you ditched us and went in your own car. :rolleyes1

What do you mean naturally????? Is Buzz getting the same reputation as TT now?
And how many times did you ride Buzz? Uh huh.

You had said the night befoe that you would win a dream on IASW :thumbsup2
Did I?? Must have been the Pear Martini talkin' :laughing:
I was wearing Evan's shirt yesterday. :goodvibes Well, the grown up ladies version of his shirt. If I was wearing HIS shirt, nothing good would be happening.
OMG! That made me :lmao:
:hug: I had the best time that night, it was really like meeting up with old friends, never an awkward moment at all! Too bad I didn't get drunk enough and start talking in spanish! :lmao:
Yes, it was fun meeting everyone. I loved that there was no awkwardness! :hug:

We had to do it! It was our contribution to the legacy that is Focker Fest!
It's my best memory of the night - you and Z were all giddy and silly, it was fun!

Did you really eat at Pizzayucky?
Well... yes and no. We ate at Pizzayucky, but I didn't eat the pizza. It's yucky. :scared:

Congrats on the dream that didn't include a certificate, Oh well TOny.
If I recall, he laughed and rolled his eyes. He was a good sport! :thumbsup2
Hi DL Mama! Remember me? 'Member? You 'member! We met at LAX before our respective trips last year.

I sure do have lot to catch up on since I haven't been DISing too much lately other than the DVC boards.

I'm thoroughly enjoying your TR! Looking forward to more!:)
LISA!!!!!! How the heck have you been??? So nice to hear from you!

Ahem, I see you bought DVC, eh? Congratulations and Welcome home! :goodvibes
Great update, T! I absolutely love your photos. The one of Michael and Maddy is adorable and I love the silly one with the kids sticking their tongues out. That is totally the picture I would have had them pose for. Last year, I chaperoned one of the school field trips and four of us moms were standing there with a few kids. We all had our cameras ready to take a photo of them and I told them to give me their best silly face. The other moms didn't like that at all. I got some evil looks. They wanted perfectly smiling pics.

Glad you won a dream!

I love "fun" pics of kids! We took tons of silly pics. I save the serious pictures for school photos! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I'm lagging on this report - things have been pretty hectic this week. With Back to School night times two and sick kids, I've been neglecting the DIS and my DISfriends! So sorry all! :hug:

Promise to get another installment or TWO up this weekend! Thanks for reading along, I do appreciate it. :goodvibes

Great updates T! I love hearing about your Tambu Lounge meet and now Fockerfest...can't wait!!!:cool1:
It is so great that you guys toured the parks together - sounds like so much fun!
Congrats on your dream ears!!!:rotfl:

I love the picture with Maddie in the Belle gown with the doll in the Belle gown. Where did you get that doll?

What a sweetheart Maddie is walking hand in hand with Michael. Adorable! You were able to meet up with V and LL a lot. That is awesome!

Waldo needs to make his OWN coffee. :)

How fun you got to goto AK with LL and V.
How funny that CE found WALDO, I hope with all the FOckers around you were able to find him rather quickly when he wandered:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I hate those bat thingys too
We too love Narcoosees. We always get a window seat and it occupies the boys so nicely that P and I get to have a lovely meal
Great pics too BTW
Glad the meet at Tambu went well. Wish I was there too
Fun focker morning at the MK:goodvibes
How funny that TE and Waldo made it there....maybe they just wanted some ALONE TIME:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: on winning the ears.
I forgot to tell you all that when we were there in Apr WE WON DREAM FP's. after 7 times in a year and a half..FINALLY

OK I am all caught up again, cant wait to hear about FOCKERFEST

Hi Tracy, OMG YOU GOT DREAM HATS!!!!!! LUCKY YOU!:cool1: So glad you got something this year compared to last years bust of dreams. I am most likley booking next week for a trip in Jan.for DS birthday. Sorry I have been MIA on your Pre trip report, a lot has been going on in my life.

T - I hope the kids are feeling better. WE'll be waiting patiently
Thanks Janet.
Good Morning !!
Hi Rosie! :wave:
Great updates T! I love hearing about your Tambu Lounge meet and now Fockerfest...can't wait!!!:cool1:
It is so great that you guys toured the parks together - sounds like so much fun!
Congrats on your dream ears!!!:rotfl:
Thanks Melanie, we did have fun - Fockerfest coming up! :lmao:
I love the picture with Maddie in the Belle gown with the doll in the Belle gown. Where did you get that doll?
The doll is sold in the parks as the "My Disney Girl" doll. They have all the princess outfits for her and a Minnie Mouse outfit as well. It's along the lines of an American Girl doll - about the same size. :thumbsup2

Waldo needs to make his OWN coffee. :)
Yeah well ... he makes yucky coffee, so I guess I have to take one for the team. ;)
How fun you got to goto AK with LL and V.
How funny that CE found WALDO, I hope with all the FOckers around you were able to find him rather quickly when he wandered
The Fockers were good at spotting Waldo for us! :lmao:

I forgot to tell you all that when we were there in Apr WE WON DREAM FP's. after 7 times in a year and a half..FINALLY
You did? Cool!:cool1: Where?
subscribing! :cool1:
Hi! :welcome: and thanks for reading!
Hi Tracy, OMG YOU GOT DREAM HATS!!!!!! LUCKY YOU!:cool1: So glad you got something this year compared to last years bust of dreams. I am most likley booking next week for a trip in Jan.for DS birthday. Sorry I have been MIA on your Pre trip report, a lot has been going on in my life.
PA Mouse!!!! So nice to see you here. No worries about being MIA ... here's a :hug: for you and yours.

Back in the room, we all showered and changed. I was feeling a bit tired, so I was moving in slow motion as was the rest of my group. The kids were tired but were being really good sports about getting ready, even though they would have much rather taken a nap.

We headed toward the buses already running about 20 minutes behind. The plan was to meet at the American Pavilion at 4:00 pm before heading to Germany for dinner. I didn’t get on a bus until 4pm. The skies looked pretty bad, and sure enough, as soon as we got off the bus, the heavens opened and Fay hit us once again! It was a complete down pour, not even a poncho could save you.

I made some calls to V and LL and found out V was stuck at the Beach Club and LL was at the Yacht Club trying to make her way to the Beach Club to meet up with V. I also called CE to let her know where I was and that I would get to them as soon as this rain let up.

It was so bad, I seriously contemplated getting back on the bus as I didn’t see how we would get to Germany without becoming completely drenched. But I had to get there. We waited under the bus shelters for a good 20 minutes, then we decided to just deal with it and get over to the Fockers.

We entered WS and I noticed the Friendships were still running, so we jumped on the one to Germany. As we pulled up, I spotted V & LL heading to Fockerfest and we literally walked over to Fockerfest together.

I noticed the sea of lime green and headed toward that direction. It’s all such a blur, as I don’t know who I hugged first or what. I remember seeing CE again and then I had to look for Janet, as I hadn’t met her yet. Hugs all around, and then I came across a pretty face I didn’t recognize. I guess I looked at her funny because she said “Hi! I’m Angela!” I felt horrible as I didn’t recognize her from her siggie pic. She’s stunningly pretty in person. ;)

Pretty soon I noticed all these goody bags going around.

AHEM.

There was a rule that we wouldn’t do presents this year.

AHEM.

Some people failed to follow the rules.

AHEM.

And there were goody bags, bracelets, toy rings, pins, etc. I felt so bad!

AHEM.

They were mostly little trinkets for the kids, although I did get a British Flag pin and a Lime Green Fockerfest 2008 rubber bracelet (which I love, love, love) and an “I ate Weiner Salad” pin from someone.

AHEM.

Thank you very much ladies, we all enjoyed your thoughtful gifts.:flower3:

Fockerfest21.jpg

They took us all in for dinner and that’s when I smelled it. :scared: German food. It smelled like warm cat food. I tried really hard not to make a big deal of it, but as soon as we walked in, everyone looked at me like they knew I was grossing out. I psyched myself out and we moved on to seating arrangements, which were a fiasco, TFI.

Apparently the nice people at Catfoodgarten decided to seat us in tables of 10, rather than the normal 8 and really mucked up the seating chart V had prepared. Sorry V!

We did a little musical chairs and everyone was good. Andy and I took the kids over to the buffet and got them settled, then we went up. Oy Vey! Everything was weinerfied. There was some sort of meaty weiner in just about everything, so I made my way over to the cold items. They did have a nice array of salads and such, with the exception of Weiner Salad. Ewwww!!! :scared: It looked worse then I thought. I was quite happy with my choices and got plenty full from all the non-weiner items. Mo kept teasing me and checking my plate to see if I was eating any wiener items.

Flat friends unite!
KellyDisney105.jpg

Me & LL
fockerfest006.jpg

Me and Mo and our little secret. ;)
IMG_2089.jpg

After the meal, we headed outside for some photos. We sure got a lot of attention from onlookers wonder if there was a celebrity amongst us or what. We said our good-byes. I knew I wouldn’t see most of them, so I said my good-byes and we all kind of broke off into smaller groups.

Waldo and the Focker girls:
fockerfest007.jpg

The DIS kids:
fockerfest008.jpg

V, LL & I had all planned to send our kids away for the evening and enjoy an adults night out. Waldo and TE offered to take Maddie & Evan, but Maddie got wind that Michael and Leo were going to the Sandcastle kids club, so she cried and carried on about wanting to stay with them. I didn’t have reservations for her, so we took a chance and sent Evan off with Waldo and TE to hit Spaceship Earth and head back to the room and took Maddie with us, hoping they had availability for her with the other boys at Sandcastle club.

We walked through the International Gateway and over toward the Beach Club to drop the kids off. We had never seen this side and Andy & I really enjoyed the walk along with our friends who gave a mini spiel on how staying at the Boardwalk or Beach Club villas was yet another benefit of DVC.

When we got to the Sandcastle Club, we lucked out as they had a spot for Maddie. We said our good-byes to our darling children and ran …errr.. walked to the nearest pub. Originally we had thought of returning to Epcot, but decided on hitting Martha’s Vineyard instead. It was closer to the kids and would require minimal stumbling errr… walking.

V saying goodbye to Leo:
IMG_2123.jpg

We found a table for 5 and ordered our first round. I have no idea what everyone else ordered, I just know I got a Pear Martini. I was NOT going to be drinking the devils juice tonight. NOChampagneMojito. I have to say this martini was yummy! The only strange thing was it’s accompaniment. It was a strange leaf-ish botanical thing. It was not a pear leaf. We had a heck of a time trying to figure it out. It almost became the game of the evening: Name Tracy’s drink plant.

Round 1:
IMG_2125.jpg

What the heck is in my drink?
IMG_2124.jpg

We spent the evening chatting about everything and anything. From family to work, to Disney to DVC. It was probably my favorite hours of my vacation. No kids, no parents, just great friends and great booze. Sometime after 9pm, Mel, NotBob, Z, Kat and Yani come walking in. It was so funny! They grabbed a table near us and ordered their drinks.

Our time was up at 10:30pm, as we had to pick up our kids and head back to our resort. LL & V were both leaving the next morning and LL still had to pack and get ready for their long drive home. We picked up the kids and walked V and Leo to the Beach Club entrance as V parked at the BC valet. Sadly we said our good-byes. There were tears and long faces but there were also promises to see each other again in Disney – our own personal meeting spot. I was taken a back at how sad I was, and how seeing my friends once a year was not enough. Even the kids were sad to say good-bye to their Disney friends.

The rest of us, LL, Tony, Michael, Andy, Maddie and I, walked silently over to the Yacht Club to pick up LL’s car. She had kindly offered to give us a ride back to SSR. We chatted on the ride and then received a text from V and we got all sappy again. What a bunch of girls! ;)

We arrived at SSR and now it was our turn to say good-bye to LL, Tony and Michael. Again there was sadness, tears and then little Michael decided he’d had enough and said, “That’s it! That’s enough good-byes!!” We laughed and promised to keep in touch and left with “See you next year!” pinkie promise.

They drove away and we headed up to our room. Evan had just fallen asleep with TE & Waldo, so I picked him up and put him in bed. Maddie saw Evan had gotten a Mickey light-up sword and she picked it up to show me. As soon as I laid Evan down, he popped up and told us about his SE ride and how Waldo bought him a Mickey sword and finished his sentence with “And don’t you touch it, Maddie!” Without skipping a beat, Maddie told him “Too late, I already did!” They giggled themselves to sleep within a few minutes.

I showered and jumped in bed, sent a good-bye text to V & LL and drifted off to sleep.

Tomorrow we had an 8:00 am breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom – I sure hope we make it! :rolleyes1

ETA I'm first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a complete down pour, not even a poncho could save you.

It did get pretty bad there for a few.

But I had to get there.

OMG, you had no choice!!!

She’s stunningly pretty in person.

She really is gorgeous.

I told you already I had a good reason:rolleyes1

Who you talking about Willis?
It smelled like warm cat food.

It did not:lmao:
We had never seen this side

Seriously, I love that whole Epcot resort area:goodvibes

They giggled themselves to sleep within a few minutes.

AWWWWWW:goodvibes

Sounds like you enjoyed Weinerfest sans weiners.

You did? Cool!:cool1: Where?
Coming off BTMRR , we were one the 1st train of the day and the dream team was there and gave out dream FP's. P was riding with Happy and I was waiting at the exit with Bashful they were talking to Bashful and he was hamming it up for them but nothing..Then they went into the tunnel where you exit and Happy came out yelling. THey found him and P and they "won" them. P said the rest of his party was outside waiting as we were doing babyswap and they came out and started laughing when they saw it was us. She gave one to me but not Bashful because he was under 3 and didnt have a ticket.He was not liking that. They gave him stickers:confused3 :confused3
2876677471_a450414832.jpg

Sorry to hijack here

T... Oh my dear, I could feel your sadness. What a great bunch of friends this place has given. I hope to make a Focker Fest in the future. If we can just move it away from August. :scared:

Thanks for brining me along to Focker Fest! Looks like I had a great time.

The skies looked pretty bad, and sure enough, as soon as we got off the bus, the heavens opened and Fay hit us once again! It was a complete down pour, not even a poncho could save you.
always just when your getting OFF the bus..It must have been BAD
They took us all in for dinner and that’s when I smelled it. :scared: German food. It smelled like warm cat food.
OK so I know the smell you are referring to!!:rotfl2: and I JUST KNEW with your nose this was going to be an issue:rotfl: :rotfl: .Seriously I cant go in there or for that matter I usually skip the whole country:lmao: :lmao:
Apparently the nice people at Catfoodgarten decided to seat us in tables of 10, rather than the normal 8 and really mucked up the seating chart V had prepared. Sorry V!
Oh no:eek:
Mo kept teasing me and checking my plate to see if I was eating any wiener items.
:rotfl:
Me and Mo and our little secret. ;)
IMG_2089.jpg
Ummm no secrets!!!!
When we got to the Sandcastle Club, we lucked out as they had a spot for Maddie.
Phew!!
Tomorrow we had an 8:00 am breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom – I sure hope we make it! :rolleyes1
Im betting NO:confused3

Im so glad you were all able to meet up again and that you all had such a great time together. I would have loved to be there. One day I WILL meet you guys.

:hug: Your Focker diary is just as good as everyone else's has been.

:sad: (Wish I coulda come!)

Glad you stayed away from the devil's juice tonight. Pukage shouldn't happen more than once on a trip! ;)

The kidlets are so cute. And I loooooove LL's Michael...so funny! He must have been great to be around!

Yet another great account of Fockerfest. I think almost everybody has done one now. I won't be getting to my brief accounting of it for a couple months probably as I am still on my first day in the parks and this happened on day 4. :rotfl: And there will be an even longer wait for the Petals meet. :rotfl:

Great update and pics, T! I can't wait to meet you in January!!!!! Our own little mini-Focker meet! You'll have to tell me where the best drinks are in DLR! :banana:

So, did the kids have fun at the kids club? We've never done that, but I would love to do it sometime. Of course, the cheaper way to do it is to have grandparents with you, right? :rolleyes1 But that would necessitate sharing your vacation with them. :headache:

I love the pic of Waldo with all the Fockers! I'm sure that was as exciting to him as the pic with Ariel, right??? :lmao:

Wow. I'm so behind everyone on my TR, my rendition of FockerFest should feel entirely new by the time I get to it! :rotfl:

It was so bad, I seriously contemplated getting back on the bus
You WHAT?!?! :mad:

AHEM.

:rolleyes1

Mo kept teasing me and checking my plate to see if I was eating any wiener items.
10 to 1 says she snuck wiener in your food when you weren't looking! :rotfl:

We walked through the International Gateway and over toward the Beach Club to drop the kids off. We had never seen this side and Andy & I really enjoyed the walk along with our friends who gave a mini spiel on how staying at the Boardwalk or Beach Club villas was yet another benefit of DVC.
:teeth: I thought that was our cue.

Originally we had thought of returning to Epcot, but decided on hitting Martha’s Vineyard instead. It was closer to the kids and would require minimal stumbling errr… walking.
Read: V's feet hurt and I alerted everyone to this fact. No way was I hoofin' it back to EP. ;)

What the heck is in my drink?
IMG_2124.jpg
:lmao: And its companion, with accompanying text that can't even be acronym-ed on the DIS:

2794724944_f023f38123.jpg

Let's just say there was a W. And a T. And an F involved. ;)

LL & V were both leaving the next morning and LL still had to pack and get ready for their long drive home.
I'm sorry T - I had to stop reading at this point. I'm in no emotional condition to relive those parting moments, I'm afraid. Truly the hardest Disney departure EVER. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

It was so bad, I seriously contemplated getting back on the bus as I didn’t see how we would get to Germany without becoming completely drenched. But I had to get there. We waited under the bus shelters for a good 20 minutes, then we decided to just deal with it and get over to the Fockers.

You what:scared1: :scared1:

Pretty soon I noticed all these goody bags going around.

AHEM.

AHEM.

AHEM.

And there were goody bags, bracelets, toy rings, pins, etc. I felt so bad!

AHEM.

They were mostly little trinkets for the kids, although I did get a British Flag pin and a Lime Green Fockerfest 2008 rubber bracelet (which I love, love, love) and an “I ate Weiner Salad” pin from someone.

AHEM.

Gee, I wonder who did that:rolleyes1

Thank you very much ladies, we all enjoyed your thoughtful gifts.:flower3:

:hug:

Poor V did all that work and had 27 revisions and all for naught:sad2: :hug:

After the meal, we headed outside for some photos. We sure got a lot of attention from onlookers wonder if there was a celebrity amongst us or what. We said our good-byes. I knew I wouldn’t see most of them, so I said my good-byes and we all kind of broke off into smaller groups.

I think the goodbyes took longer than the actual meet :hug:

popcorn::

I missed everyone as soon as we all split up. NExt time we have to plan a less structured meet. Wonder what the Illuminations Dessert thing costs per person:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter