How To Lose Waldo in 10 days-The Trilogy~NEW 10/26 - Final Thoughts; Adios Amigos!

:lmao: And its companion, with accompanying text that can't even be acronym-ed on the DIS:

2794724944_f023f38123.jpg

Let's just say there was a W. And a T. And an F involved. ;)

OMG...:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: I almost forgot about that picture...I needed that to make the welling-up, goodbye remembering-tears to go away!!!

I'm sorry T - I had to stop reading at this point. I'm in no emotional condition to relive those parting moments, I'm afraid. Truly the hardest Disney departure EVER. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You are so right, V....:sad1:

Great version! Mine will be very different too because I am only on day 1 of my trip.....lol... you forgot about passing em the VERY strong but yummy pear martini! ;)

It was great to run into you guys again that night! We were looking for a dry place to drink!

OMG - I think everyone had a sip of that drink....:scared: SUPER strong, wasn't it?? Even in T's defense...I can see why she couldn't finish it...:rolleyes:

LY T!!

All caught up !! Were the kids doing a PEEPs pose !! I am soooo jealous I missed Focker Fest But NYC is much more doable . Keep me posted !

August 24th

Here's what my itinerary said:

7:30 am Catch bus to Animal Kingdom
8:00 am Donald's Safari Breakfast
9:00 am Andy to EE for FP's
Ride Safari
10:00 am Train to Planet Watch
Use EE FP's
11:30 am See FOTLK
Visit Camp Minnie Mickey
12:30 Snack & check out exhibits near Tree of Life
1:30 pm Leave Park

Here's what actually happened:

My cell phone alarm went off at 6:30 am and as much as I wanted to lay in bed, I dragged my bum outta bed and got ready. It was a lonely morning. There was no one to text about AIS time, no one to see at the bus stop or rope drop. We were on our own. I broke out in song to awake the family....

Allll by ourselves.... don't wanna tour.... allll by ourselves.....:mic:

NOEricCarmen.

Ahem.

They didn't appreciate it. :snooty:

We got out to the bus by 7:00 am and caught an AK bus by 7:15. We made our way to the turn styles and joined the other early risers in search of breakfast with Donald. They let us in about 10 minutes to 8:00 and we walked over to Tusker House. The park was empty and we took some pictures along the way.

akepcot019.jpg

<insert Photopass picture here>

Yeah, sorry, my photopass is on it's way. This always seem to happen to me. Just imagine an empty park and me and family infront of the Tree Of Life.:confused3

I checked us in and had to crack up as when I went to join my family, Waldo had pushed 2 tables together in the patio waiting area to hold a party of 6. He thought we ate on the patio. :lmao: We were called up and had our picture taken before they led us to our table. We were seated right in the middle of a smallish room. It was perfect, as the kids could sit toward the aisle and they had plenty of room for character interaction.

TE & I took the kids to the buffet to get our food. The offerings looked ok. Nothing to knock your socks off, so I thought. Apparently, I didn't go all the way around because I thought it was the same thing on both sides. Andy told me there were more choices on the other side - and I didn't even know they had a carving table. D'Oh!:headache:

I was laughing it up because I noticed all the kids had the same breakfast - Mickey waffles, bacon or sausage and a chocolate glazed donut with sprinkles. I pointed that fact out to Andy and we cracked up because it was true! Then when I saw Janet's installment from her Donald's Safari Breakfast, her DS had the exact same thing.

The kids enjoyed the characters and the attention they received. Goofy took Maddie to dance with him and soon they were parading around the room. It was too cute!

Donald loves Waldo!
akepcot020.jpg

akepcot001.jpg

akepcot002.jpg

We left the restaurant and headed over to the Safari ride. They had a rope right outside Tusker house and they held us there until the masses caught up. We walked right on to the 1st jeep of the day. We got the back row and at first I was a bit disappointed, but then realized we actually had a better view of the animals. And there were so many out this morning! :yay: As we entered the savannah, there was a family of giraffe out. The baby giraffe was so adorable! It walked right up to the side of the jeep where I could literally reach out and touch it. I took this photo and actually had to zoom out to get the giraffe in focus:

akepcot004.jpg

Next we passed this guy:
akepcot003.jpg

As soon as I took his photo, he looked up and started walking towards us. He was following us around the savannah. Every where we turned he'd come out of the bushes stalking us. Crazy psychotic rhino! :scared:
**ETA: Waldo corrected me and said it was not the black rhino that was chasing us, it was the white rhino. How he could tell the difference is beyond me**

Andy headed to EE to grab us a set of FP's and we had decided we'd meet up at the train to Planet Watch. We took a round trip ride, as the kids didn't want to get off and I was just fine with that.

We then headed over to Dinoland, not before stopping for FP's for Kali River Rapids. As we headed to Dinoland, we decided to use our EE FP's but no one was up to it, save for Waldo and myself.

My view from the top of EE:
akepcot005.jpg

akepcot021.jpg

Here's our red-necked photo:

:blush: Oops, I guess I forgot to redneck that one... sorry.

Everyone was ready for some Dino-fun, so our next stop was Dino-Dumbo. Andy I rode with the kids, whilst TE & Waldo took a little break. Waldo was checking out the game area, so we caught up with him there. We ended up playing a few games, and Andy won both the kids stuffed Dinosaurs.

akepcot023.jpg

Next up we made our way over to Dinosaur and Maddie decided she wasn't going to ride, so Waldo said he'd stay with her and the rest of us went on. Evan loved it! At first he was scared out of his wits - and looked a little catatonic when the ride was over, but when he finally snapped out of it, he said he loved it and wanted to ride again.

Our red-necked picture:

akepcot007.jpg

Ok, there are 3 things in the pic that crack me up and I'm not sure which is the funniest:
1. Evan's face
2. TE plugging her ears Oh, and her face is classic!
3. The kid in the back row who has completely disappeared! :lmao:

~CONTINUED IN NEXT POST~​

It was coming time to use our Kali FP's so we started that way. The CM at the ride entrance measured Evan and made him wear an orange bracelet thing again this year. He was not happy about that. Oh well, at least he could ride, right?

We hiked down past all the people in the cue - ok why would anyone wait 40 minutes for a 4 minute ride on KRR? I could not imagine waiting in that line. We ended up in a raft with a Make-A-Wish kid and his mother? Sister? We laughed and screamed with them and had a fantastic ride. Poor kid and his companion got completely soaked! It was a great ride!:thumbsup2

As we exited the ride, we were greeted by Mo and Kelly, who were just about to get their wet on! We hugged and said a quick Hi and Bye, I knew we'd see eachother again in a few days if not sooner. We crossed over the bridge near KRR, and I decided to sit and wait for Mo and Kelly to come by so I could take their picture. I waited and waited and waited. No Mo and Kelly. How I missed them is completely beyond me.:confused:

We were ready to leave the park, as Waldo wasn't feeling to great and we were all a little tired from our late night and our early start. We left the park by 11:45 am and headed back to the room for some rest and pool time.

We got back to our room and quickly changed into our suits and headed out to the pool. We decided to go to the quiet pool near our section of the resort this time. The quiet pool was, well … quiet. Very few people and an empty pool bar!

akepcot025.jpg

The kids jumped in with Waldo and TE, and Andy & I went over to the pool bar and got us all a round of Pina Colava's. We didn't know what they were called here, so when we ordered them we asked for Lava Flow's. The bartender told us they call them Pina Colava's in WDW, but were basically the same thing and with that we struck up a conversation with him. He tried to guess where we were from and started with Hawaii, he thought Andy was local Hawaiian! :lmao: We told him we were from LA and he told us he had lived in LA for some years and worked at a few bars/clubs we used to frequent. See, it IS a small world! He was really cool and he ended up comping us a round. We likey Mr. Bartender.:goodvibes

Everyone was getting hungry, so Andy and TE went up to the Carriage House to get us some lunch. They were gone for quiet some time, but finally arrived with a stack of flat bread pizza's. We ate our lunch poolside. We were really enjoying our stay at SSR, so relaxing - just like a real vacation. I commented on how with DVC, this is how our all vacations could be. :teeth:

We headed back to the room around 3pm and everyone showered and either rested, watch a movie or read. Around 6ish, we decided to head over to DTD for some dinner, so we got ready and went down to the buses. There was a family there huffing and puffing about how they'd been waiting for almost an hour for a DTD bus. We waited a few minutes and decided to just walk over to the boat launch. We got to the boat dock and within a few minutes, a boat showed up. Just as the boat was pulling away, the family from the bus stop was running to try to make it. I felt bad, cause I was kind of giggling inside. It was kind of funny though.

We split up one we hit DTD. Waldo and TE wanted to try the CS from Ragland Road, and we wanted to eat at our favorite, WGPE. We had a nice meal at WPE, as usual. If you haven't been there, it's a combination CS/TS. You order your food at the counter, but then a server brings your food, refills your drink, etc. That would mean you leave a tip, right? We noticed lots of people not leaving tips and we felt really bad for our server, as he was "spot on". We finished our meal, thanked our waiter and headed out to do some damage to the old bank account. Yes, we did tip the waiter. ;)

We started at the kitchen store and they had the cutest water pitcher that totally matched the cups I had purchased last year. It was totally cheap, but Andy gave me the :rolleyes2: look, so I moved on.

Next up was Once Upon A Toy. Evan was on a mission to find his WDW train, as sure enough, there was a HUGE display of them as soon as we entered the store. He was ecstatic! I begged him to wait until we were done with our shopping and we would stop back here and pick it up before we went back to the resort. He agreed, and we made our way through the store checking out all the cool toys. Maddie found a Princess doll set that she did not have yet, so naturally she chose that. Mulan has now joined the ranks with all the others. Even though I have to question Mulan's princess status. Ahem.

We met up with TE & Waldo at Ghiradelli for dessert. Everyone ordered a cone of some kind, and Andy & I ordered the brownie sundae to share. Ok, I'm sorry, but what's the big thing about Ghiradelli? The ice cream was just, meh. I'd have been happier with a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich.

We sat near the water, and watched the kids enjoy their ice cream and I relished the moment with my family. I looked up over Ghiradelli's and saw this:
akepcot009.jpg

It was a perfect rainbow - and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :cloud9:

akepcot008.jpg

We decided to take the buses back to SSR and that was a mistake. The flippin' bus took forever, quickly killing my vacation buzz.

We finally got back to the resort and we tried to open the stroller, but it was jammed shut. Waldo pulled the stroller from me and attempted to force the darn thing open. I had to stop him because I could see why it was jammed, and when I finally got it opened and told Waldo that he could not force it open Evan looked up at Waldo and said, "Yeah, genius!" :eek: I had to laugh, but Waldo did NOT find it funny. He was a bit :mad:

Back in the room, I decided to start some laundry whilst Andy bathed the kids in the "giant" whirlpool tub. Another DVC benefit. Ahem.

Waldo was really feeling lousy by this time. I was a little worried about him, and gave him a Claratin to help with the congestion. He wanted some of the Sudafed I brought, but I didn't think he should mix that with the daily meds he takes.

I got everything ready for the next day and we were all in bed by 10pm. Nice!

Up Next:

Waldo and the rock star!:rockband:

:sad2: I'm worried about little ol' Waldo! ::yes::

And...Hawaiian???? :rotfl:

COME ON! I knew you were on of us when I saw you the first time! ;)

Oh...and where does that kid Evan get his sense of humor from? ;) Heh heh heh.

Then when I saw Janet's installment from her Donald's Safari Breakfast, her DS had the exact same thing.

::yes:: Denise sadi her kids ate the same thing there too:lmao:

At first he was scared out of his wits - and looked a little catatonic when the ride was over, but when he finally snapped out of it, he said he loved it and wanted to ride again.

Jimmy had the same reaction. All through the ride I thought he hated it, but he said he liked it:confused3

He was really cool and he ended up comping us a round. We likey Mr. Bartender.:goodvibes

Free drinks always good:thumbsup2

I commented on how with DVC, this is how our all vacations could be. :teeth:

No pressure Andy, no pressure:rolleyes1

! I begged him to wait until we were done with our shopping and we would stop back here and pick it up before we went back to the resort. He agreed, and we made our way through the store checking out all the cool toys.

So did you go back and get it:confused3

Ok, I'm sorry, but what's the big thing about Ghiradelli? The ice cream was just, meh. I'd have been happier with a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich.

ITA, not a big Ghiradelli's fan!

Back in the room, I decided to start some laundry whilst Andy bathed the kids in the "giant" whirlpool tub. Another DVC benefit. Ahem.

:rotfl2:

was really feeling lousy by this time. I was a little worried about him, and gave him a Claratin to help with the congestion. He wanted some of the Sudafed I brought, but I didn't think he should mix that with the daily meds he takes.

Poor Waldo:hug:

Waldo and the rock star!:rockband:

popcorn::

OMG...:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: I almost forgot about that picture...I needed that to make the welling-up, goodbye remembering-tears to go away!!!
I love that picture! I look so demented! :lmao:

OMG - I think everyone had a sip of that drink....:scared: SUPER strong, wasn't it?? Even in T's defense...I can see why she couldn't finish it...:rolleyes:
LY T!!
THANK YOU! That drink was insanely strong! :sad2:
All caught up !! Were the kids doing a PEEPs pose !! I am soooo jealous I missed Focker Fest But NYC is much more doable . Keep me posted !
I'm not sure if the kids were, but the hubby's were! :lmao:
:sad2: I'm worried about little ol' Waldo! ::yes::
Yeah, he got real bad! :guilty:
And...Hawaiian???? :rotfl:

COME ON! I knew you were on of us when I saw you the first time! ;)
Actually it's funny because when we're in Hawaii, alot of locals thing we're uhhhh... local? :lmao:

But I'm thinking more Samoan! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Oh...and where does that kid Evan get his sense of humor from? ;) Heh heh heh.
Oh man! He's a smartass in the making! :thumbsup2
Jimmy had the same reaction. All through the ride I thought he hated it, but he said he liked it:confused3
Too funny! I had to slap my hands infront of his eyes to get him to focus again! :rotfl:

No pressure Andy, no pressure:rolleyes1
I like to think of it as "Product Placement". :teeth:

So did you go back and get it:confused3
Oops... thanks Janet, forgot to add that - we ended up buying it and having it shipped back to the resort. Next time, though, I think I'll invite your mom shopping with me. I could use her discount. ;)

I think that's what my nephews had at Tusker House as well-but Mordie had a lot of bacon. :lmao: :lmao:

August 24th

Our red-necked picture:

akepcot007.jpg

Ok, there are 3 things in the pic that crack me up and I'm not sure which is the funniest:
1. Evan's face
2. TE plugging her ears Oh, and her face is classic!
3. The kid in the back row who has completely disappeared! :lmao:

All 3 are funny but I think Evan's face is tooooooooo funny!!!!!!!

We headed back to the room around 3pm and everyone showered and either rested, watch a movie or read. Around 6ish, we decided to head over to DTD for some dinner, so we got ready and went down to the buses. There was a family there huffing and puffing about how they'd been waiting for almost an hour for a DTD bus. We waited a few minutes and decided to just walk over to the boat launch. We got to the boat dock and within a few minutes, a boat showed up. Just as the boat was pulling away, the family from the bus stop was running to try to make it. I felt bad, cause I was kind of giggling inside. It was kind of funny though.

Why do people always have to complain about free transportation!? Yeesh. I would def have laughed at them, but I'm mean like that!

We split up one we hit DTD. Waldo and TE wanted to try the CS from Ragland Road, and we wanted to eat at our favorite, WGPE. We had a nice meal at WPE, as usual. If you haven't been there, it's a combination CS/TS. You order your food at the counter, but then a server brings your food, refills your drink, etc. That would mean you leave a tip, right? We noticed lots of people not leaving tips and we felt really bad for our server, as he was "spot on". We finished our meal, thanked our waiter and headed out to do some damage to the old bank account. Yes, we did tip the waiter. ;)

Have you been to the WPE on the Wast Side? Any difference? I never knew the one in the marketplace existed until recently! :confused3

We met up with TE & Waldo at Ghiradelli for dessert. Everyone ordered a cone of some kind, and Andy & I ordered the brownie sundae to share. Ok, I'm sorry, but what's the big thing about Ghiradelli? The ice cream was just, meh. I'd have been happier with a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich.

I agree! The chocolates are yummy but the ice cream was just ice cream to me too!

Evan loved Dinosaur! I can't believe it. It's really scary!

I didn't think you would make it to breakfast on time, but you did. Way to go! We never spend a full day at Animal Kingdom. We make that our pool day, too.

Ahhhh...my return to the DIS is complimented with a biiiiig installment! :thumbsup2

I laughed....*Yeah, Genius"...Hmm...I wonder WHO Evan gets his sense of humor from? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

I cried...."Alllll by ourselves...."...Ok, I didn't really cry, but I thought about sniffling a bit. Till I heard your singing voice in my head. Then I giggled....LY!!

Love the shot of Waldo's 'stache in the corner of the EE picture!! I almost thought it was a shot of the Yeti!!! LY Waldo!

Sounds like you guys had a nice day - and finally some decent weather! Wooo Hoooo!!!:banana:

And I haven't read about ANY arm-bar sniffing...what's up with that??:confused3

Andy won stuffed animals for the kids? You know, we've never even walked near those games and stuff...the whole Dino-land area kind of creeps me out...I feel like it's a super tacky Flintstone mini-theme park...I'm assuming you have to pay for the games?

Loved the Dinosaur picture too! The first 4 or 5 times Michael rode that, our ride picture had him doing what the kid in the back did...It totally freaked him out and yet he wanted to ride again and again...too cute. Way to go Evan!!:thumbsup2

Well, I gotta get ready for work...Love & Miss ya!!!

There was no one to text about AIS time, no one to see at the bus stop or rope drop.
You could have texted me! No, scratch that - have I mentioned how much $$$ I went through on texts that week?! :faint: :rotfl:

Andy headed to EE to grab us a set of FP's and we had decided we'd meet up at the train to Planet Watch. We took a round trip ride, as the kids didn't want to get off and I was just fine with that.
You didn't pet the drugged-up goats?! At least I think they're drugged-up. I've never seen goats that mellow. :smokin:

We decided to go to the quiet pool near our section of the resort this time. The quiet pool was, well … quiet. Very few people and an empty pool bar!

akepcot025.jpg
Yay - I was hoping you made it over there at some point! Did the kids love the spray thingies?

We were really enjoying our stay at SSR, so relaxing - just like a real vacation. I commented on how with DVC, this is how our all vacations could be. :teeth:
::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

Evan looked up at Waldo and said, "Yeah, genius!"
:eek: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh, I forgot about that! It was WAY strong.

I agree on Ghiradelli's,dont see what people think is so great about it. I myself like turkey hill or Edys.I bought Ghiradelli's box brownie mix, and it turn out awful. Smelled great just would not come out of the darn pan. It was like gooey brownies.

Goofy took Maddie to dance with him and soon they were parading around the room. It was too cute!
Awww how sweet :goodvibes

The baby giraffe was so adorable! It walked right up to the side of the jeep where I could literally reach out and touch it.
You didn't though, I mean touch it? :rotfl:

Those jets look like so much fun!

He was really cool and he ended up comping us a round. We likey Mr. Bartender
Great :thumbsup2

Just as the boat was pulling away, the family from the bus stop was running to try to make it. I felt bad, cause I was kind of giggling inside. It was kind of funny though.
Oh T you should have told them it's not far to walk :rotfl2:

My avatar is the same rainbow :goodvibes

Another DVC benefit. Ahem.
Anyone would think you're trying to sell DVC or something :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Donald loves Waldo, well of course everyone loves Waldo.

Didn't Kali feel great on that hot day?

As for Mulan, I have to agree with ya T, is she really a princess?

:lmao: at Evan calling Waldo a genius, out of the mouths of babes:lmao:

T, with that cat food description of Germany, no one will want to eat there. Although, then there will be plenty of room for ALL the Fockers. :rolleyes1

Great update, T. Though I too am getting worried about Waldo. :guilty:

You didn't have to ride Kali 5 times? :rolleyes:

The rainbow was so pretty - we were on the bus back to MK when we saw it. :goodvibes

Did Waldo & TE like the CS at Raglan? We've only done the TS but love it, of course.

Great Updates T!!

Poor Sick Waldo. :sad2:

I have a pic of that rainbow too. I think we all do!

MEL:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter