December 2013.

It looks like we are going December 21 to 28th. Will be off site at Sheraton vistana resort or villages. Yay. Our last visit was just after New Years 2013. This will be our 4th Christmas season visit. :wizard:

Room-only reservation for Riverside paid off today! YAY! :cool1:

Next step...saving for everything else...lol

Planning our first WDW trip. DH,DD (4) and I. Decided 12/1-12/7. Polynesian TP view room. No meal plan. 7 day parkhopper tickets. Am I ready to call and reserve? Will be using my Disney Visa so does the 6 month interest free financing automatically register?

Just booked my New years Eve trip to Disney!!! We leave December 28th and come home on January 2nd. So excited!!!! We will be staying at Coronado Springs.

I am taking my 2 older teens(19 & 17) for Christmas this year. This is a long time dream of mine combined with what will probably be our last family vacation. I am so excited and glad I found others sharing the countdown to December with me! We will be at wdw 12/21 to 12/26 then Universal 12/26 to 12/29.

I need help! :confused:

We don't have official dates picked yet...(nor have I lost my 50 lbs yet but that is besides the point)...I am waffling....

We live in Iowa and drove last time and DH has a fear of flying so we will likely be driving again (20-22 hrs). I know its cheaper to go the first two weeks in December so we have it narrowed to that. I know Pop Warner is the 2nd week in December and without a huge discount we have to stay at Value this time. From what I've read Pop Warner = no discounts so staying at a value during Pop Warner does not seem like a good idea either. So the 1st week would be preferable.

However the first week of the month would involve driving on Thanksgiving weekend (or if I can talk hubby into it flying on a holiday weekend will be busy and pricey). :faint: So basically I am all confused and overthinking this WAY too much but I thought I'd run it past my fellow December WDW peeps!
Any advice? If you are going the first two weeks in December how/when are you traveling?

Thanks in advance!

I need help! :confused:

We don't have official dates picked yet...(nor have I lost my 50 lbs yet but that is besides the point)...I am waffling....

We live in Iowa and drove last time and DH has a fear of flying so we will likely be driving again (20-22 hrs). I know its cheaper to go the first two weeks in December so we have it narrowed to that. I know Pop Warner is the 2nd week in December and without a huge discount we have to stay at Value this time. From what I've read Pop Warner = no discounts so staying at a value during Pop Warner does not seem like a good idea either. So the 1st week would be preferable.

However the first week of the month would involve driving on Thanksgiving weekend (or if I can talk hubby into it flying on a holiday weekend will be busy and pricey). :faint: So basically I am all confused and overthinking this WAY too much but I thought I'd run it past my fellow December WDW peeps!
Any advice? If you are going the first two weeks in December how/when are you traveling?

Thanks in advance!

We are driving down black Friday.

We are flying, and are planning on departing the Saturday after Thanksgiving. If you do end up flying - I would suggest the same as I have read that is the cheap'est' time around Thanksgiving to fly (may not be 'cheap', but less than Wednesday before or the Friday or Sunday after apparently).

If you are going the first two weeks in December how/when are you traveling?

Thanks in advance!
We are going Nov 30th to Dec 5th or 7th. We are flying down on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I heard that it was the best day of the Thanksgiving weekend for low rates. If the rates are horrible, then we will fly on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and come back on Sunday, Dec 8th. I hope I don't have to do that, though, since I'd like to avoid Pop Warner, too.

I think Pop Warner usually stays at the All Stars resorts and the Caribbean Beach, although you may want to check on that. If you can avoid a resort where they are staying, it isn't too bad, so I've heard. You could try Pop Century. A lot of people really like that value resort. And it is supposed to have a really good food court.

There won't be any discounts for Pop Warner week.

So excited to go to the world for Christmas. We have gone to DL for the last few years for new years but this will be the first year celebrating in the parks! So excited - we are booked in the Swan at this point from the 24th - to the 4th! I have only stayed offsite and at a value so this should be different! We might change the dates a little depending on when the last day of Mickey's part is. I would love to go, but as a teacher I can only be gone on certain dates and am not sure if we will make it.

We too are are going to the world 11/30 - 12/6 and are staying at WL. It is me, my boyfriend, 7 year old son and 13 year old daugther. We are very excited and this is our 2nd trip. Boyfriend is driving the exotic cars this time too...he is scheduled for a Lambo and Ferrari!!

Excited to be planning a trip!!

Donna

We've booked 12/1-12/7 in a BCV studio. Missed WDW at Christmas time this past year and can't wait to see all of the wonderful decorations, do MVMCP, CP, etc. LOVE Disney at the holidays!!

have you considered renting points and staying elsewhere?
We thought about renting points but figured December wouldn't be an easy month and we don't want to lock ourselves into a contract. With my husband's health who knows. Also that is why we stay on site. DH needs an ECV and there is no way we can lug that thing in and out of our car.

I think we've decided just to take our time driving down. Visiting family and whatnot as we go so that we're never driving more than 8 hrs at a time so if there is traffic hopefully that won't delay us too much.

Still need to lose some weight before we can book!

I can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations!

Still need to lose some weight before we can book!

I can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations!

You can do it. :) I went and rejoined the Y yesterday I would really like to drop about 40lbs before the Disney trip. On the plus side just walking around looking at the Osborn lights can get you a couple of miles of walking in. :) I could spend hours in there just walking, looking & listening to the music and lights. :) I can't wait I'm so ready for Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter