December 2013.

Bethislucy

DIS Veteran
Time for December 2013 :santa:thread. Yes it is still a long way out but, planning is half the fun. So anyone else pre planning their trips yet? Come on come on I can't be the only one. :lmao:

We are actually going to come in on Nov. 30, 2013 but the trip will start Dec 1. :) It will be 4 adults and 2 kids. One little princess princess:who doesn't remember her 1st trip and thinks she's "never going to get to go to Disney" will be 5 at the time. The other will be gulp 9:scared: (that is hard for me to say and he's my nephew I hate to see what his mom feels like)

I am trying to plan a December trip.. want to find out what week will be Pop Warner before I set my dates. We went on our first Disney trip this past March and loved it:cheer2: I can't wait to see Disney at Christmas, it must make the magic even more special. pixiedust:

We are planning on going back in 2013 also, in early December!! I don't want to go during PopWarner week (because of discounts being unavailable and it will be the first time we'll be staying on-site). We are a family of 6 so discounts or free dining would definiltely help us out - I know they are not guaranteed but I want to plan for a week when there is at least a chance of some savings.

Anyway...I was looking at past dates and in 2002 the calendar for Thanksgiving/December exactly matches 2013, and so I looked at the dates for Pop Warner in 2002 to hopefully have an idea of when they might be there - the dates for 2002 were Dec. 8-14. I am SO hopeful that this bodes true for 2013 as well, because the first week, right after Thanksgiving, is really the best week for us.

Anyway...I was looking at past dates and in 2002 the calendar for Thanksgiving/December exactly matches 2013, and so I looked at the dates for Pop Warner in 2002 to hopefully have an idea of when they might be there - the dates for 2002 were Dec. 8-14. I am SO hopeful that this bodes true for 2013 as well, because the first week, right after Thanksgiving, is really the best week for us.

We are going in December 2013 also:santa:. I am truly excited to see all the decorations. The dates that I will be there do coincide with Pop Warner. We are going on a Fantasy cruise 12/14-21/13, so we were going to stay onsite a couple days before. This stinks. I did not realize the football/cheerleaders would be there. I guess no free dining for us that week:sad2:

I was at ASSp in May when it was cheer competition of some sort. The cheerleaders were EVERYWHERE:scared1: I vowed never to do that again. Oh well, I guess I have to...gotta be home for christmas to spend with the rest of the family or I would just stay onsite after the cruise.

Anyhoot, I am still excited to be going!!!!:yay:

I hope you are right too. We are pretty much locked into going that week right after thanksgiving due to work.

Week after Thanksgiving for us also...cant wait till next month to finally reserve the room-only reservation so at least the countdown is official! :)

Week after Thanksgiving for us also...cant wait till next month to finally reserve the room-only reservation so at least the countdown is official! :)

I'm right there with you. I think we are going to stay at the new art of animation or that's what we are saying right now.

I'm so glad there are others planning a trip 18 months in advance! We are either going to DL in Sept 2013 or WDW in December 2013. It will be a while before we know for sure so I'm planning two trips right now!

If we go to WDW in December, DS will be 9 and DD will be 5. At this time I'm planning to rent DVC points and stay at BLT. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can make it happen (financially).

We're in Texas so we're going to drive to Orlando. I'm planning our trip for the week before Christmas - so December 15-21, 2013.

I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!!

I am coming to the best place on earth in December 2013 as well. I am traveling with disneydiva16 on the Fantasy and planning on staying at WDW with her before hand....wish my DH could get Xmas week off so we could stay after and wake up with Mickey on Christmas....who needs Santa when you have Mickey!!!

I see that they have released free dining for December of this year. I hope they do this again during the time frame that I will be there next year! That would be awesome to have FD!!!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

Gosh a December 2013 thread! I didn't expect to see one of these!

I'm Laura, 29yrs old from Paisley, Scotland. This will be my 5th trip to the world, but first time in a mod & first time with the DDP. I will be travelling with my mum (3rd trip), brother (3rd trip) and my dad who will be a first timer.

So we arrive on December 4th 2013 staying 8nights in Port Orleans Riverside with free QSDP, checking out on the 12th December & heading to Port Canaveral for our very first DISNEY CRUISE!!!!! We will be doing the 3night Bahamas Cruise on the Disney Dream.

Sooooo excited & I am having to stop myself planning already!

Looking forward to planning with you all

L x

Hi everyone!

Gosh a December 2013 thread! I didn't expect to see one of these!

I'm Laura, 29yrs old from Paisley, Scotland. This will be my 5th trip to the world, but first time in a mod & first time with the DDP. I will be travelling with my mum (3rd trip), brother (3rd trip) and my dad who will be a first timer.

So we arrive on December 4th 2013 staying 8nights in Port Orleans Riverside with free QSDP, checking out on the 12th December & heading to Port Canaveral for our very first DISNEY CRUISE!!!!! We will be doing the 3night Bahamas Cruise on the Disney Dream.

Sooooo excited & I am having to stop myself planning already!

Looking forward to planning with you all

L x

Hi, How lucky you are to have FD already. Was that a promo they released for the UK only? I am hoping to get free dining when they release it next year.:)

disneydiva16 said:
Hi, How lucky you are to have FD already. Was that a promo they released for the UK only? I am hoping to get free dining when they release it next year.:)

I'm not sure about the promo being for the UK only? I guess it must have been. The offer was free QSDP with mod resorts & free DDP with deluxe resorts. Nothing with the value resorts.

The dates were right through from April 2013 to December 8th 2013!

To get the offer you had to book by 10th July 2012

I have a lot to learn since I've never stayed on-site before - you can book your rooms that early!? I had no idea...thanks for the heads up! I thought I had a while yet to do my research, but I'm guessing I better get on it. If you book room only this far ahead, can you still add discounts like free dining, etc, if they come out later?

We are going in December 2013 also:santa:. I am truly excited to see all the decorations. The dates that I will be there do coincide with Pop Warner. We are going on a Fantasy cruise 12/14-21/13, so we were going to stay onsite a couple days before. This stinks. I did not realize the football/cheerleaders would be there. I guess no free dining for us that week:sad2:

I was at ASSp in May when it was cheer competition of some sort. The cheerleaders were EVERYWHERE:scared1: I vowed never to do that again. Oh well, I guess I have to...gotta be home for christmas to spend with the rest of the family or I would just stay onsite after the cruise.

Anyhoot, I am still excited to be going!!!!:yay:

We went on Pop Warner week in 2010 (like you, didn't really have a choice that was the only week in December that worked for us) - I honestly didn't notice them that much at all affecting the parks, so I wouldn't worry too much. The one thing it looks like it does affect is no discounts, free dining, etc though so that stinks :(

I'm right there with you. I think we are going to stay at the new art of animation or that's what we are saying right now.

This is where we are going to be staying too!! I'm pretty excited...we have never stayed on-site and are a family of 6 so our options are limited but this hotel looks fabulous and I think the kids will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!