DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!:wave2:

Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!:wave2:

You got Steve, tell Ethan the Dads are behind him! :thumbsup2

Dads,

Will have you all in our thoughts and prayers....
:grouphug:

The Grandkids are over they found this flying overhead:

2012-09-13_18-12-11_653.jpg

Dads,

You bet Steve....and good luck!

Dads,

I'm on it.

And just keep remembering you hear things that will help.

GoHerd1028 said:
Dads,

Sure thing Steve. Hoping for the best!

Dads,

Prayers.

The Grandkids are over they found this flying overhead:

2012-09-13_18-12-11_653.jpg

Cool. I want one.

I think we are. We talked about it more last night, and we're really excited to see her reaction! I'll give it a shot...

I have not recorded any part of our lives. Maybe I should have, but I just never really got into it.

Word is it was about 100 cars... that got slashed.

Apparently there is some video out there.

Stinks. Sorry to hear it.

. Not sure I would want a Corona after a game though. I can never figure out the guys in my softball league that drink before and after the games. The last thing I want when I'm hot and sweaty is a beer.
t.

I used to drink beer before, during, and after the softball game.

I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.
up2

I guess it's that whole Disney magic.

We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.

That is really freakin cool.

Steve, you have my thoughts and prayers , I know it won't be easy to hear things about your child, just try to be calm

To quite Schwarzenegger: It's not a tum-ah!" :rotfl2:

Yesterday was migrane and headache free....not sure about today though. I'm thinking stress and lack of sleep are big factors..

Glad you feeling better.

You and Norm have me really longing for my coaching days. I've coached 3 seasons of soccer and 7 seasons of tennis. I really miss it but there was no one to watch the kids this season so I had to give it up.

I played tennis thru High School as well - probably by best sport. I never tried out for college team, don't think I was that good, but I still play occasionally.

Yep, the $399 is a great price…
It's the funds needed for the DVC membership that I want but don’t have the disposable bucks for.
:sad2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

But, it's $400 times 4. While it is a good deal, it is more than we can spend.

I started to play soccer again 3 years ago in a masters league. It has been great fun.

Would like to play again. I can't find an old and fat league.

Good Luck!! I married a planner and it takes all the fun out of surprises!! :rotfl2: Hopefully your DD isn't an extreme planner yet and can still appreciate your surprise!! (If she doesn't, maybe she can appreciate all the planning that went into surprising her :confused3)

I am the planner when it comes to money and budgets, but just figure it out as I go most everywhere else.

Move in anytime Norm. All you have to do is watch the dogs while I am away..

I have it writing. I get a free house, free spending money, free food, and free parties and just have to watch the dog. Can you throw in college tuition and a retirement account? I'm on my way.

Nate's buying DoleWhips for everyone??? What a guy!! :

I think he has the maker at his house. The commute may get you.

Congrats on the win! Should I tell DD the proper term is "Keeper"? She really likes being the "Goalie".
:rotfl2: :lmao:

Teach her striker as well.

Evening guys, had another soccer win tonight, our keeper posted a clean sheet with a 2 - 0 over the team that we both played for last year. Now I sitting here putting all the calories back on my body by drinking a nice cold Corona.

Good win.

Dads,

Prayers going out.....

Dads,

our prayers are with you guys steve!! briana had an iep all through school. 2nd grade on. we had meetings every year and the first one they went over her testing results. you are looking at correctly. there not putting him down, they are just finding a starting point to help him. they have to find out whats wrong before they can "treat" him. they will come up with a plan of attack and will change as they need. maybe some things work, some dont. our school was great. most of her high school years she didnt take any help which mostly was more time to take a test and they would even read it to her if she wanted. she never had them read her a test. she said that would be great if you follow me around the rest of my life and read things for me.
she out grew it. got the help she needed and moved forward. she now carries a 3.5 in her sophmore year in college. hang in there buddy, he will do great! :thumbsup2

gooood evening!!!
ive been doing my running trip report in the pub but just wanted to let you guys know. face to face is hard to do in the parks. as long as you stand still its great. i was on twice today with scott.
nate and i also did tango. tango works great. he was on for a good 10-15 min. took the bus ride with us tonight back to okw. :rotfl2: sorry nate we left so early.
the tango ap is free and it works on iphones and others also. if you need a fix, shoot me a text and we can hook up. i stayed on long with nate to see how well it worked and it work great. it did drain my battery pretty good but we were heading back. anyone intrested, i can show you whats going on live.:thumbsup2

Reminds me... one of my kids old "Thomas the Tank Engine" videos was narrated by George Carlin. Had to watch that one first just to make sure he didn't burst out into a string of F-bombs. :scared:

George was actually a good narrator. Wonder if he's figured out there is a God yet?

I did the same thing.

I am/was a huge George Carlin fan. My son was a huge Thomas fan. I have to say I preferred the episodes George narrated.

And...I bet he has.

Dads,

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter