DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd stop in and tell you about the terrible day ahead of me. About to leave work in half hour or so to play in a golf outing. Free beer and golf, don't know what I'll do with that. Then afterwards the plan is to spend the evening with my buddies at BW3 watching the Bears game. It's going to be a rough one.:lmao:

not sure how your golfing went, but as for the rest... OUCH!

My path will go something like this: Learn about DVC from relatives, BWV, beg wife, offsite, plead with wife, OKW, long pause, rich relative dies, buy DVC.

I didn't have a rich relative, so I had to do it differently.

Does that mean you normally stay in studios? We stayed in one a few years ago and thought it was pretty cramped and that was with only two of our kids. If I were to do this, I'd have my eye on 2BR stays and estimate my needs at at least 200 points annually. Hence the barrier to entry.

you didn't ask this to me, but, we stay in studios and although we said this was our last year to do that, we may do it again next year as well. we have 160 and I'd like to eventually get 50 more to make things more comfortable for us as the kids get bigger and require more space.

I would have poked my head in here on Tuesday to see what you were all talking about, but I was... on a plane. DW was a little nervous, but I obviously made it. My friends spent the day swapping stories and posting photos about our good friend Doug who died that day. We have a weird group of friends. We've all been together since high school, went off to separate colleges and came back to Richmond and stayed close the whole way. Doug did that too for a while and then moved to NYC but we still saw him often. Funniest guy I ever knew and that's not just the kind of hyperbole you save for after someone's gone.

It would freak me out to hear those. The last thing my friend did was get under his desk, call his mom to say the building just shook and that he loved her. Then the line went dead.

sorry about your friend.

Now Bob Sagat, there is a guy that isn't funny.

it's weird, because his stand-up is not "family friendly" and yet, he is known for family tv like America's funniest crotch videos and "full house".

good morning!!

was catching up last night and literally fell asleep at the computer!! :rotfl2:

just dropped off DD at school, taking DS to the "gym" so he can run around a bit.

happy friday!!

Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!:wave2:

Steve, praying for you guys and Ethan. Let us know how it goes.

declansdad said:
Great to see her get in to it. Soccer is a great game for young kids and it is fun to watch them play. It always reminds me of a swarm of bees moving around the field with the ball in the middle. Every now and then one bee will drop out to check out a flower on the field before joining back in.

Lol that's why I'm bummed that I'm going to miss most of it

Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight. The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.

Seriously. At the end of the game when they said he was sacked 7 times, my reaction was, "only seven?". Seemed like way more. And Cobb and Marshall did hardly anything for me in fantasy football. At least we get the Rams next.

Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!:wave2:

You got it Steve.
And :cheer2::cheer2:Go Ethan!:cheer2::cheer2:

Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight.
Yes, yes they did. Clay is a beast.
The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.
Wow, an hour? Now you just have to hope that number is real...

Good morning everyone, hope all is well, earlier this week I asked my DD if she wanted to play soccer ( her daycare is doing a 10 week season through soccer shots) she told me no on Monday well soccer shots came out and let all the kids play soccer on wed welllll now she loves it and I just threw down a Benjamin on her registration ( so long WDW stuff haha jk) I've always tried to encourage her to do stuff like that so I'm glad she's now wanting to play, I only wish I could see it, they do it an hour before I get off work so I'm going to have to plan a vac day around it or work it out where I get off early one day
I hear you. In the past month or so, I've plopped down a benjamin on soccer, almost a ben and a half on theater class, and just short of a ben on swimming lessons. :headache: Now that I look back at it, I just spent $300 to tie up almost every week night from now until the snow flies.

I didn't have a rich relative, so I had to do it differently.

you didn't ask this to me, but, we stay in studios and although we said this was our last year to do that, we may do it again next year as well. we have 160 and I'd like to eventually get 50 more to make things more comfortable for us as the kids get bigger and require more space.

Well, the rich relative plan only works if I can find one.

As for the DVC, the studio doesn't work for us anymore being a family of 5. But there's a chance we may be a family of 6 soon so that jumps us all the way to 2BR.

I just want someone to wash his hair (or better yet cut it).

Jamarcus Webb is about as bad a left tackle as there is in the NFL, but at least half of those sacks are on Cutler for holding the ball too long. I also thought the replacement refs had a bad showing missing on several calls both ways and not keeping control of the game.

There were some texts exchanged after she left so we know it was a real number. As for whether or not he's already screwed things up I won't find that out until next week. :lmao:

Morning Dads!

I

Hope it wasn't too long of a day. hopefully headache free too!

Nope, got rid of the headache fast, I like it when that happens.

Thanks to a well placed vacation day, plus the first Professional Development Day at school, I have a three day weekend. :thumbsup2 We've booked that cottage again foe the weekend to see the fall colours up north/Algonquin and ake sneak a dying-days-of-summer swim if the weather holds the way it's been. Have a safe and good weekend guys!

Thanks guys for all the prayers!! I know they helped because the news we got was expected but still shocking to know the severity of it. They showed us the test results and each of them displayed the same information. One thing I did not know was that he has developed avoidance techniques when he comes across something he can not do. He is trying to cover up so that others might not realize he is struggling. I guess during one of the tests when it came to a writing part of the exam he dropped his pencil over and over as a way of just trying to not have to deal with it. We had to sign papers for the change in curriculum and they will be taking him out of his normal class room for reading writing and math to have more time and a different way to teaching things to him. There were all very nice and have his bet interests at heart. They kept saying that they could help him. I honestly feel like a burden has been lifted!! We have another meeting with them on the 28th not sure what that will be about but I dont think it will be quite as stressful as this one was. We had the principal, teacher, speech pathologist, couselor, reading interventionalist, and writing interventionalist all in there with there packets of infor laying it out to us! Whew! I am glad it is over, but evenmore glad that we can help him!!!

Thanks guys for all the prayers!! I know they helped because the news we got was expected but still shocking to know the severity of it. They showed us the test results and each of them displayed the same information. One thing I did not know was that he has developed avoidance techniques when he comes across something he can not do. He is trying to cover up so that others might not realize he is struggling. I guess during one of the tests when it came to a writing part of the exam he dropped his pencil over and over as a way of just trying to not have to deal with it. We had to sign papers for the change in curriculum and they will be taking him out of his normal class room for reading writing and math to have more time and a different way to teaching things to him. There were all very nice and have his bet interests at heart. They kept saying that they could help him. I honestly feel like a burden has been lifted!! We have another meeting with them on the 28th not sure what that will be about but I dont think it will be quite as stressful as this one was. We had the principal, teacher, speech pathologist, couselor, reading interventionalist, and writing interventionalist all in there with there packets of infor laying it out to us! Whew! I am glad it is over, but evenmore glad that we can help him!!!

All things considered, that's great news! I know it had to be difficult, but at least they feel confident they can help him and that's what really counts. :thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki said:
You got it Steve.
And :cheer2::cheer2:Go Ethan!:cheer2::cheer2:

I hear you. In the past month or so, I've plopped down a benjamin on soccer, almost a ben and a half on theater class, and just short of a ben on swimming lessons. :headache: Now that I look back at it, I just spent $300 to tie up almost every week night from now until the snow flies.
It's rough lol we know they enjoy it and that's why we spend the money on it but still inflation sucks haha
GoHerd1028 said:

that's good news, personally I went through something similar , not saying anywhere the same, but I needed a little extra classes because if the subject didn't interest me at all, it wasn't happening, I was lucky to have some teachers and of course parents who cared ( which y'all are) it's tough to overcome but y'all have our prayers and support

:thumbsup2

Glad to hear it, Steve! I hope this will be a big help to him.

All in all it sounds productive. i was thinking about you guys this morning wondering how it went. Unfortunately you hear stories too often of schools that can't/won't help, but it sounds like you've got a good team of educators ready and eager to coach him through this.

Great news!

You overcame two of the biggest hurdles and that is to get Ethan tested and form a strong support group. Good luck to him.

They are saying people are canceling their BoG restaurant ADRs in protest of alcohol sales against Walts wishes, how does everyone on here feel about it?

They are saying people are canceling their BoG restaurant ADRs in protest of alcohol sales against Walts wishes, how does everyone on here feel about it?

I feel like I'd better start scouting for an ADR to open up that I can use! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter