DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClearScreen said:
I did the same thing.

I am/was a huge George Carlin fan. My son was a huge Thomas fan. I have to say I preferred the episodes George narrated.

And...I bet he has.

I was rather partial to Ringo.

Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!:wave2:
::yes::

Dads,

I have a special request of you this evening...tomorrow morning Shari and I have to meet with school officials at 830 to discuss Ethan's testing for his IEP due to his dyslexia. They have been doing all sorts of testing on him since the start of school and they are now wanting to go over the results with us. We have been told by the principal who has been through this with her own child) to prepare ourselves to hear things that we do not want to here, and that we will more than likely feel as though we are in front of a firing squad. She also said that this will take upwards of 2 hours to go over the information that has been gathered. Say a prayer for us that maybe it wont be as hurtful to hear the things they will say and that we will be able to use the information to help Ethan and get him whatever help it takes to make him feel good about himself (he has a very low self esteem) and learn at the same level and speed as the other children. I know that we have a prayer and praise thread but I wanted to bring it here instead where I feel the traffic might be greater. Thanks guys!!!:wave2:

Prayers going out:goodvibes

Good night gentleman!

4927977633_c3861ef9d7_b.jpg

Dads,

Done

I played tennis thru High School as well - probably by best sport. I never tried out for college team, don't think I was that good, but I still play occasionally.
I play occasionally still. My shoulder won't let me play competitively any more. I did try out in college but I had not picked up a racquet all summer because I was working so much. The results are what you would expect.

Dads,

Prayers and thoughts going Ethan's way

Good night gentleman!

4927977633_c3861ef9d7_b.jpg

Another awesome shot

Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight. The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.

Oh and late last night, they finally made an arrest in the murder of my mother in laws cousin. Pretty stoked about that!

Matt

I think I missed that. Very sorry to hear that happened. I hope they got the right person and that justice is served!

Top of the morning fella's :cool1:

Off to see MK today, have a good one :thumbsup2

Hope you had a great day!!

Yesterday was migrane and headache free....not sure about today though. I'm thinking stress and lack of sleep are big factors.

Taking the youngest to a walk-in clinic this morning, she's been having some issues that need to be looked at. This is going to be a long day.

Hope it wasn't too long of a day. hopefully headache free too!

Did someone say GOOD Morning? :furious:

Woke up to this...

5E041712-0E9B-4E71-BFC4-167A77B3DBF8-1864-000002F3C3B9DBA3.jpg

Apparently the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD was slashed!!!!

ugh. What a Beverly! At least they got everybody!! You've got universal tire-slashing too???

And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them. :thumbsup2

I thought that was why we went and had kids... :confused3 :confused3

Wow - that was freakin' sweet....just Facetime'd with Dave (Zerfs), live from Adventureland!

So cool to see the park nearly empty this morning!

I need to go down there during a slower time of year.

Thanks Dave for taking me along with you for a few minutes this morning! :thumbsup2

which bathroom was he in? the one in the breezeway to Frontierland, or down by POTC?

We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.

2012-09-12_20-33-06_692.jpg

2012-09-12_20-34-29_740.jpg

I picked it up, hauled it to the woods and dumped the rotten stuff out. I left it back there for a few days to air out, but I brought it back up to the house last night so they can pick it up when they bring our new freezer. I wanted to see exactly how small I could crush this thing, but I figured I should leave it somewhat close to it's normal shape so that they actually will take it.

This time we're getting an upright that will go inside the house for closer observation.

I'm just glad it happened when it did. We have a 1/4 of beef to pick up at the meat locker this weekend.

I guess that's one way to do it. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Wait a sec, wait a sec, wait a sec. Something's not right here. Those knife slits are clearly at the TOP of the tire, yet it's flat on the BOTTOM. Somethings fishy, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

It's Canada... rivers flow south to north, toilet bowl water circles in the opposite direction when you flush, etc...

oh wait, that's Australia.

Happy Friday Peeps!!

Already at my desk, have a huge amount of stuff to get done and no time to do it in. Pretty sure I'm gonna leave early today, already have 45 hours for the week.

Matt

Good morning everyone, hope all is well, earlier this week I asked my DD if she wanted to play soccer ( her daycare is doing a 10 week season through soccer shots) she told me no on Monday well soccer shots came out and let all the kids play soccer on wed welllll now she loves it and I just threw down a Benjamin on her registration ( so long WDW stuff haha jk) I've always tried to encourage her to do stuff like that so I'm glad she's now wanting to play, I only wish I could see it, they do it an hour before I get off work so I'm going to have to plan a vac day around it or work it out where I get off early one day

Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight. The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.

That was brutal. I just wish Cutler wouldn't have given the GB dfense so many fantasy points. :furious: :lmao:

Did he get fantasy points for that score? :rotfl2:

Good morning everyone, hope all is well, earlier this week I asked my DD if she wanted to play soccer ( her daycare is doing a 10 week season through soccer shots) she told me no on Monday well soccer shots came out and let all the kids play soccer on wed welllll now she loves it and I just threw down a Benjamin on her registration ( so long WDW stuff haha jk) I've always tried to encourage her to do stuff like that so I'm glad she's now wanting to play, I only wish I could see it, they do it an hour before I get off work so I'm going to have to plan a vac day around it or work it out where I get off early one day

Great to see her get in to it. Soccer is a great game for young kids and it is fun to watch them play. It always reminds me of a swarm of bees moving around the field with the ball in the middle. Every now and then one bee will drop out to check out a flower on the field before joining back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!