DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of the DisDads loop for about 6 weeks. Time to spend the next couple hours reading the last 20-25 pages or so. If anything significant happened before that, you have my condolences, well-wishes, or congratulations (pick one).

Sounds like you're all caught up to me! Don't waste time. :rotfl2:

And welcome back, Chris.

Just thought I'd stop in and tell you about the terrible day ahead of me. About to leave work in half hour or so to play in a golf outing. Free beer and golf, don't know what I'll do with that. Then afterwards the plan is to spend the evening with my buddies at BW3 watching the Bears game. It's going to be a rough one.:lmao:

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

Up to page 124!

Greetings from the American Adventure!
Greetings from the Richmond Monotony!
You guys definitely have me wishing we had the money to go for it.
:thumbsup2+1 Part of my problem is that I refuse to finance. I either pay cash or don't do it.
Yesterday I did get to meet Jack Hannah again, and I did ask the question Why are there no platypus's in any zoo's in the U.S.:confused3

He liked the question and before answering it he added that only 2 zoo's in Australia have one:confused3

But the answer is that the Australian Government will not grant release to let any out of the country, they feel they are best protected in their natural environment

Although I would really like to see one, It was great to hear that they are doing well in the wild and are not endangered:goodvibes:thumbsup2
You just made me smarter.
11 years ago. Seems like yesterday in some respects, feels like another lifetime in others. Dressing my kids in red, white, and blue today and taking DD to school, I noticed a lot of other kids wearing the same. DD noticed and pointed it out, but never asked why.

Over the weekend, DW was watching something about 9/11 on the National Geographic channel. I usually avoid that stuff, but I got drawn into it. There were a lot of amazing stories of people who survived and how things occurred... but then they got to the part where the first tower fell, and I cried. I couldn't watch it anymore.

In about an hour I'll be heading into the city to work. I'll be sure to stop and thank some of the people that protect us on my way.
I would have poked my head in here on Tuesday to see what you were all talking about, but I was... on a plane. DW was a little nervous, but I obviously made it. My friends spent the day swapping stories and posting photos about our good friend Doug who died that day. We have a weird group of friends. We've all been together since high school, went off to separate colleges and came back to Richmond and stayed close the whole way. Doug did that too for a while and then moved to NYC but we still saw him often. Funniest guy I ever knew and that's not just the kind of hyperbole you save for after someone's gone.
Wow, guys. It's amazing to hear the stories from those who were there. I don't blame you for not wanting to bring it up. They had a retrospective on the other night and starting playing voice mail messages from people in the towers, and I had to change the channel. Just too raw.

It would freak me out to hear those. The last thing my friend did was get under his desk, call his mom to say the building just shook and that he loved her. Then the line went dead.

I'm just trying to move into CJ's house.
Get in line.
I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.

There are different levels of friendship, of course, and at any point in time you probably only have 2 or 3 people in your life that you'd feel comfortable telling them anything. With the rest, you're more guarded because you don't know how they'll react if you reveal certain truths about yourself. But you tend to reveal more to people that you know will still accept you without judgment. This isn't to say you can't criticize someone or call out something you feel is wrong, but it's done in a constructive way and with their best interests at heart. That's where I feel like this group works really well.

So, I think the DIS Dads is a great case study for why online friendships can work very, very well. And that's why I've made the effort to try and seek out many of you when I'm on the road. Life is about relationships--nothing else really matters. And I'm interested in having relationships with fundamentally decent people.

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them. :thumbsup2
Well said. Mostly, I'm impressed that you spelled "judgment" correctly. Not that I expected you to be a bad speller- heaven knows we need engineers who can spell. It's just that most people put an extra "e" in there.

19 hours and 55 minutes until our flight takes off.

tumblr_ly47ujHqdA1r9x5lno1_500.gif

Now Bob Sagat, there is a guy that isn't funny.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Aristocrats"? Bob Sagat has one of the filthiest mouths I have ever heard. He obviously was a different person on the home-video show.

Well said. Mostly, I'm impressed that you spelled "judgment" correctly. Not that I expected you to be a bad speller- heaven knows we need engineers who can spell. It's just that most people put an extra "e" in there.

Thanks, I talk English good mostly.

ClearScreen said:
Have you ever seen the movie "The Aristocrats"? Bob Sagat has one of the filthiest mouths I have ever heard. He obviously was a different person on the home-video show.

When I watched it I thought, wow full house needs to change its tv rating

Good afternoon.

Any one up for dinosaur ribs for lunch?
561667_4189791317373_9795666_n.jpg

DW decided she wouldn't eat spare ribs and didn't think the kids would either. AFTER THEY WERE THAWED! :furious: So I have lunch taken care of for a couple of days.

Never saw ther movie but I have seen parts of his stand-up stuff and it sounds like the same. He still wasn't funny.

DW decided she wouldn't eat spare ribs and didn't think the kids would either. AFTER THEY WERE THAWED! :furious: So I have lunch taken care of for a couple of days.

More ribs for you??? I think you made a mistake when you put this in: :furious:

What you should have used was this: :dancer:

19 hours and 55 minutes until our flight takes off.[/IMG]

How many seconds is that?

Yes he was.

Good afternoon.

Any one up for dinosaur ribs for lunch?
561667_4189791317373_9795666_n.jpg

Yum!

This just in....

According to Deb Willis from Allears.net and her tweet....

"Real wine and beer" will be served at Be Our Guest Restaurant during Dinner hours.

Wines will be mostly French with some Californian. Beers also being French but also some Belgian as well.

Just thought I'd stop in and tell you about the terrible day ahead of me. About to leave work in half hour or so to play in a golf outing. Free beer and golf, don't know what I'll do with that. Then afterwards the plan is to spend the evening with my buddies at BW3 watching the Bears game. It's going to be a rough one.:lmao:.

Terrible day.

I've been out of the DisDads loop for about 6 weeks. Time to spend the next couple hours reading the last 20-25 pages or so. If anything significant happened before that, you have my condolences, well-wishes, or congratulations (pick one).

It's reports like the one above that really get you.

Does that mean you normally stay in studios? We stayed in one a few years ago and thought it was pretty cramped and that was with only two of our kids. If I were to do this, I'd have my eye on 2BR stays and estimate my needs at at least 200 points annually. Hence the barrier to entry.

sum.

Yes, we normally do studios. It is the 4 of us. We did a 1 BR once and it was amazing. We have enough points for a 1BR once a year or studios twice a year.

This just in....

According to Deb Willis from Allears.net and her tweet....

"Real wine and beer" will be served at Be Our Guest Restaurant during Dinner hours.

Wines will be mostly French with some Californian. Beers also being French but also some Belgian as well.

Much better than fake beer. And wine,

Morning all…

Eventful evening last night…
had to rescue DW when her car refused to start back up during a shopping trip.
It ended up being a simple dead battery. One of the few you can still do on the newer vehicles without having to remove sixteen plastic coverings and avoid damaging overly sensitive computers. That’s a Benjamin that I’d like to have back, but at least it was easily solved.
able.

I have one of those cars that has a battery like that. I just pay for the service.

That reminds me... When I get a new tire, I have to make sure to get the winter air. Even though it seeped out of this one, they told me it was guaranteed. I get the air free going forward and $129 service call to put it in.

Make sure to rotate the air in those tires quite often.

Bob Sagat made a career of showing videos of that.

Reminds me... one of my kids old "Thomas the Tank Engine" videos was narrated by George Carlin. Had to watch that one first just to make sure he didn't burst out into a string of F-bombs. :scared:

George was actually a good narrator. Wonder if he's figured out there is a God yet?

More ribs for you??? I think you made a mistake when you put this in: :furious:

What you should have used was this: :dancer:

True but I was told this on Wednesday as I was about to fire up the grill. I had to scrap my dinner plans and completely change directions. Not something I like to do. Especially when I told her my plans for dinner every night of the week on Sunday. She had plenty of time to object and did so at the last minute. OK I'm done ranting.

BTW they were delicious with my homemade BBQ sauce.

Donald, could you put up a few WDW pics to lighten the mood please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!