CINDERELLA!!!! The Vandy girls are BACK!!!**UPDATE 8-8-09! THE END-FINALLY! Page 83**

Isn't it great when we can finally say we will be in Disney NEXT MONTH!! :banana:

i know!!!! :woohoo:

First let me say that I could not agree with Dawn more with the whole rude people thing. I work with the public everyday and some people are just so unbelievably rude that I don't know how they could actually make it through life like that. End of rant. The pictures are amazing as always! Looks like you guys had a great relaxing night with the parade and the fireworks. Loved it! :goodvibes

yeah....rude people stink. period. :laughing:

yeah, it was a great night....especially since vandy won. ;)

:rotfl2: No kidding! DH and I LOVE all of our trips to the World too, but we always comment on the amount of rude people that we encounter.

Erica~ Great shots of Spectro and Wishes...I especially like the Tink ones! :goodvibes

it's amazing how many rude, clueless people are walking around on this earth. and how they seem to follow me! :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, the spectro and wishes pictures are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I can't stand rude people at Disney!!! They shouldn't be allowed in!!

i agree. maybe disney needs to give a test for rudeness at the finger scanners! :rotfl:

Sorry Vandygirls, not trying to hijack

no problem! and her TR is great, by the way.

Unfortunately for me I probably am one of those rude people. I just don't know I'm rude. Well, sometimes I do :rolleyes1 I am a singer. Now, I don't know the words to Wishes so it wasn't me. And, I probably wouldn't be singing so loud that anyone could hear me. So sorry that happened to you.
You're firework pictures are so good. I never can get mine to look clear and focused.

if you're singing under your breath or humming or something, no problem. if your WAILING in my ear, yeah, that's a problem! :laughing: i didn't take those fireworks pics - erica did. but i do have a suggestion for you. the way i get my fireworks pictures to turn out semi-clear is to put my camera on a tripod. i have a mini tripod (like a foot tall) and i find a trash can to sit it on during the fireworks shows. usually does the trick!

Once again, hands down, you guys get the BEST fireworks pictures!

Believe it or not, I have yet to see Wishes - looking forward to catching it when I'm there NEXT WEEK!!!!:cool1:

Oh, and the castle lights - most beautiful thing EVER!!!!:love:

yay for disney next week!!!!!!!! :yay: i really hope you get to see wishes. your girls would love it! and so would you. ;)

what do they do on the kiss goodnight?

it's disney's way of saying, "we're closed....get the heck outta here!" :lmao: they do it each night about 30 minutes after closing, i think. go watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWT8zeoJqVk&feature=related

of course, that one has the castle dream lights, too, which aren't usually there other than in november/december.

i hope all of you that live in america VOTED today!!!!

so we've come to day 3 in our disney adventure! this was the friday of our trip and we woke up to a dreary, cloudy day. we had tickets to MNSSHP for this night, so we were hoping the rain would go away by around 5:00. keep your fingers crossed for us!

we had decided to return to epcot today because we hadn't seen much of world showcase the day before. we parked at the beach club again and entered through england.....

P1030767.jpg

......where we did some shopping!

Picture002.jpg

P1030766.jpg

erica was feeling brave!

Picture003.jpg

we spent a good amount of time in the store here where you can look up your family name. it was pretty cool!

i found a stuffed eeyore and goofy that rattled for sherman and eli (my doggies) and while i was waiting in line to pay for them, erica went outside to get some pics of the butterflies.....

P1030773.jpg

but i think it started raining so she didn't get many. we decided to heard towards mexico because we had a 2:00-ish ADR in france at chefs de france and we wanted to end up back there. halfway to mexico it started POURING. so we pulled out our ponchos and marched on!

believe it or not, i had never been inside the mexican pavilion. i was glad to go in to get out of the rain. but then once inside i saw how pretty it was!

P1030776.jpg

we were feeling fashionable this day....

P1030777.jpg

Picture007.jpg

we ran into the ONLY feathered friend i like, donald!

image0370.jpg

this little girl didn't make it into the line before donald took a break, but she chased him down as he was walking away. she was so cute!

Picture009.jpg

next it was time for the grand fiesta tour! i think i rode this as a kid but i don't remember much about it. cute, but not a must do or anything.

P1030779.jpg

where's donald????

P1030781.jpg

there he is!

P1030783.jpg

poor donald....being used as a pinata!

P1030786.jpg

P1030790.jpg

P1030792.jpg

P1030794.jpg

really pretty mexican art....

P1030795.jpg

when we came out the mexican pavillion, it had stopped raining, so we headed to norway....

P1030797.jpg

i want to eat here one day, but only at breakfast. i hear the food at lunch and dinner is not the best.

Picture020.jpg

we decided to ride maelstrom. i don't think we waited at all. i showed erica the hidden mickey on maelstrom! :thumbsup2

P1030800.jpg

as we sat down in our boat, i saw a girl in front of me that looked familiar. as i looked closer, i realized it was kelly (philadisney)!!!!! if you don't know her, she's not only a famous DISer, but a television star, as well! you see, she was on TLC's "what not to wear." I couldn't think of her name at the time so i just said, "excuse me. are you philadisney?" she said yes and i told her i was punkin413 on the disboards. it was really cool to meet her! and i'm glad to say she was carrying an alice in wonderland bag....regardless of what stacy and clinton say! :laughing: we chatted with her as we waited for the theater doors to open. i think she was on the last day of her trip. :sad1: i can't believe i forgot to get a picture of us with her! duh! :headache:

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28540211&postcount=704

anyway, she was really sweet and i'm glad i met her. hi, kelly! :wave2:

after maelstrom we spent some quality time with the troll....

P1030809.jpg

P1030810.jpg

erica decided he was a jungle gym!

P1030811.jpg

we saw this pin and erica thought it was cool. i had to include this picture because my pin pics always turn out so bad and this one was good!

P1030812.jpg

we then made our way to china and erica tried to scare me with a bird. BUT I KNOW IT'S FAKE ERICA....I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!!!! :lmao:

Picture022.jpg

i wanted to try the peach schnapps oolong tea slushie at the little kiosk in china. last trip i tried the green tea plum wine slushie and it was okay, but too much plum for me. so erica and i both got the peach one this time.....

P1030814.jpg

Picture023.jpg

....and it was SO GOOD! i'm definitely getting one of these when i go back!

we found a photopass guy in front of that really pretty building in china....

image0377.jpg

erica thought the "it's my birthday" graphic was appropriate for this picture, especially since we're enjoying our drinks! :rotfl:

image0378.jpg

image0382.jpg

we were walking around china when out of the blue who do i see but mulan!

Picture027.jpg

so of course we followed her (i felt like i was stalking her or something) and we were 2nd in line to meet her. :thumbsup2

image0388.jpg

image0400.jpg

she was so nice! she said something about the battles she fought. erica maybe can remember exactly what she said. oh, and don't you think she looks JUST LIKE michelle kwan? i'm not just saying that because she's asian (and i hope i don't offend anyone - that's not my intention). but i think she looks just like her. she sounded like her too!

this little girl was behind us in line and i swear i wanted to kidnap her!!!!! she was SO CUTE! ray and i have always thought about adopting from china and this little girl's parents were white, so i was just looking at their little family and thinking that could be us in a few years. :goodvibes

Picture029.jpg

after that we headed towards germany and the first person we saw there was snow white!

Picture030.jpg

the photopass picture of me was awful - my eyes were shut! so i'll just post the cropped one of erica.

image0403.jpg

she sounded JUST LIKE snow white and she asked us where we were from. when we told her, she said, "that's quite a long way to come on your horse." :laughing:

we were looking for a snack to tide us over until our late lunch so we stopped in germany to get a pretzel....yum!

Picture033.jpg

P1030819.jpg

while we were sitting there it started pouring again....HARD! i was thinking, rain, baby, rain....get it outta here by tonight!

P1030821.jpg

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28540227&postcount=705

we browsed the shops in germany so we wouldn't have to walk in the rain. erica found a cow bell, which is always fun. :rotfl:

Picture034.jpg

we came out of germany to see it had stopped raining.

Picture035.jpg

we then headed to italy. i just love the buildings here!

Picture036.jpg

i went to the candy store to get some chocolate and to get ray some of his favorite amaretto cookies while erica ran to the ladies room and i met up with her in america, where we shopped some more. this picture seems kind of appropriate for today since it's election day here in america!

Picture038.jpg

next was japan. we found a photopass guy that was really enthusiastic there. he took like 20 pictures!

image0407.jpg

image0416.jpg

image0419.jpg

i love this view!

P1030826.jpg

erica zoomed in on these and i just love them!

P1030828.jpg

this is the rose and crown outside seating area in england. this is where ray and i sat last trip when we had lunch there - it was so nice!

P1030829.jpg

we went into that ginormous store in japan and walked around for awhile. we were wanting to see the pearl chics to do their thing, but they never did while we were in there.

Picture047.jpg

when we came out the drummers had started. two out of three of these people are women. YOU GO, GIRL!!!

Picture049.jpg

P1030832.jpg

next was morocco. i think it's my favorite country. i just LOVE the look of it and how you feel like you're really looking around a moroccan marketplace!

P1030836.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture061.jpg

now as we're walking around the shops and stuff in the back of the morocco pavilion, erica sticks her head in what she thinks is a store and turns the corner to see this........

Picture057.jpg

there was NO ONE in there - only aladdin, jasmine and the photopass dude! :thumbsup2 erica goes, "um.....can we come in here????" :rotfl: of course they said yes. when i saw aladdin i realized it was the same aladdin i had met in may. i said, "my husband and i met you back in may!" he goes, "oh, yeah, i remember you!!!!" :upsidedow he then took my hand and spun me around and then put my hand on his shoulder to pose for the picture. while he was doing this, jasmine was instructing erica to stand like her. they were so much fun!

image0424.jpg

it was so cool meeting them unexpectedly like that!

after that we did some more shopping. i think erica should've bought this for MNSSHP that night! :cool2:

Picture060.jpg

next up......lunch in france and table-side entertainment!

Great photos!!!

I might have to try the peach tea!!!! It could be on my list of drinks for NEXT WEEK!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

Picture002.jpg

Well, I think maybe I have finally found a good place to say that recently discussed famous phrase after all....

EUREKA!!!!!

P1030794.jpg

really pretty mexican art....

P1030795.jpg

Seems like I was just there! (See Magic Camel TR for tonight's installment.)

Of course, your ability to do multiple countries in one evening far surpasses my Mexico only post. I think I'll head back over and try to put up the land of the trolls before you put me to complete shame.

Great pictures! A very good evening's work, Dawn!

Great update! You girls look like you have so much fun together! How cool that you ran into Aladdin and Jasmin! The peach drink sounds yummy! I may have to try one!

i hope all of you that live in america VOTED today!!!!

Picture002.jpg

we were feeling fashionable this day....

P1030777.jpg

as we sat down in our boat, i saw a girl in front of me that looked familiar. as i looked closer, i realized it was kelly (philadisney)!!!!! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28540211&postcount=704[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I voted and am enjoying sitting here watching the results roll in. I get such a kick out of states being called with 0% reporting :confused3

Cute shopping pics girls!! :thumbsup2

How cool you met Philadisney. I am following her TR too, she seems pretty cool

I also like the pic of Erica with the cowbell. We went on vaction in Switzerland before having kids and I LOVED :lovestruc the sound of cowbells. It is such a beautiful sound to hear drifting in the air around the herds. We had bought a touristy one like you were looking at then wandered into a hardware store where they sold REAL cowbells for practical Swiss use (and considerably cheaper!) We bought an exceptionally large one and I treasure it

kschafer - i just have to respond quickly about the cowbell. i don't know if you watch saturday night live or not, but this is one of my favorite skits ever(well, besides the recent ones of tina fey as sarah palin) and i will forever laugh now when i see a cowbell! i even have a t-shirt that says, "MORE COWBELL!"

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-more-cowbell.html

kschafer - i just have to respond quickly about the cowbell. i don't know if you watch saturday night live or not, but this is one of my favorite skits ever(well, besides the recent ones of tina fey as sarah palin) and i will forever laugh now when i see a cowbell! i even have a t-shirt that says, "MORE COWBELL!"

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-more-cowbell.html

yes I have seen it. :rotfl2: In fact as I was typing the word, I kept thinking about it :rotfl: Makes me laugh too! When I taught high school, I saw that T-shirt several times

did you watch the SNL election special last night, so funny! I have to say, the weekend after McCain announced Palin as his running mate (too late for immediate skits that weekend) I was watching some SNL reruns and when weekend update came on, I KNEW Tina Fey would nail her!

yes I have seen it. :rotfl2: In fact as I was typing the word, I kept thinking about it :rotfl: Makes me laugh too! When I taught high school, I saw that T-shirt several times

did you watch the SNL election special last night, so funny! I have to say, the weekend after McCain announced Palin as his running mate (too late for immediate skits that weekend) I was watching some SNL reruns and when weekend update came on, I KNEW Tina Fey would nail her!

me too!!!!! seriously - i thought the same thing. she looks so much like her, sometimes i have to look closer to see if it's tina fey or if sarah palin is making a guest appearance on SNL! yes, i watched it last night and it was AWESOME. i swear - that is the BEST political imitation i've ever seen. i think it's even better than will ferrell as george w. bush.

Great update Dawn! It's a nice distraction to my poll watching. ;)

I think the rain made your photopass pics better because there looks like there is nobody around. :thumbsup2

What a great way to stumble in on Aladdin and Jasmine. And YES, that Mulan does look like Michelle Kwan. ::yes::

I love how you had the HUGE sombrero, and Erica had the tiny one. :rotfl2:

You would look adorable as Alice. :cutie:

Now to go check the polls again. :surfweb:

Great photos!!!

I might have to try the peach tea!!!! It could be on my list of drinks for NEXT WEEK!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

oh, i'm so jealous! think of me and erica if you get a peach tea! they are so good.

Seems like I was just there! (See Magic Camel TR for tonight's installment.)

Of course, your ability to do multiple countries in one evening far surpasses my Mexico only post. I think I'll head back over and try to put up the land of the trolls before you put me to complete shame.

Great pictures! A very good evening's work, Dawn!

i think "eureka" is appropriate for that picture too! :lmao: i just posted on your TR - kinda crazy how similar out updates were tonight! great minds think alike, i guess.

Great update! You girls look like you have so much fun together! How cool that you ran into Aladdin and Jasmin! The peach drink sounds yummy! I may have to try one!

thanks! yep, we had a blast. and those peach teas were good - you should get one!

such fun photos!!!

thank you!

I voted and am enjoying sitting here watching the results roll in. I get such a kick out of states being called with 0% reporting :confused3

Cute shopping pics girls!! :thumbsup2

How cool you met Philadisney. I am following her TR too, she seems pretty cool

I also like the pic of Erica with the cowbell. We went on vaction in Switzerland before having kids and I LOVED :lovestruc the sound of cowbells. It is such a beautiful sound to hear drifting in the air around the herds. We had bought a touristy one like you were looking at then wandered into a hardware store where they sold REAL cowbells for practical Swiss use (and considerably cheaper!) We bought an exceptionally large one and I treasure it

i know - funny how they can call the election before it's over. i got a phone call around 3:00 this afternoon from one of the candidates georgia campaign and they asked if they could count on my support - i told them i'd already voted and left it at that. they just thanked me and hung up. i think they wanted to know which way i voted but i didn't tell them!

yeah, philadisney is so sweet! i love her style - i don't care what stacy and clinton say!

very cool about the REAL cow bells! my grandfather (in tennessee) has cows but they don't wear bells. i might have to suggest those to him so i can experience that sound!

I love your gray Mickey shirt!! Where did you get it at?

With all these crazy pictures it looks like a VERY fun shopping trip! I love the hat ones and the skirt. :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Beautiful castle pics! I don't know why some people haven't raised their children to me more respectful and thoughtful.

I had my grandbabies on my lap while we were looking at your pics from Epcot. The 3 yr old wanted to know why Donald was wearing that "shirt" - he thought it was interesting that his "shirt" matched Erica's. Then he said that "When I was bigger, she used to be my brother.." :confused3 :rotfl2:

The 1 yr old was terrified of the troll pics - she thought he was going to sniff Erica up, I think. :rotfl2: So, thanks for he entertainment for us while watching the elections.

Now we want to move to Canada - Okay, NOT. But maybe Georgia! ;)

wow what an update, that would have taken me about 1 week to report on all of that...you guys are having so much fun. and have some great pictures as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter