CINDERELLA!!!! The Vandy girls are BACK!!!**UPDATE 8-8-09! THE END-FINALLY! Page 83**

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by VandyFan10, Sep 9, 2008.

1. punkin413

punkin413 feel the magic, dang it!

first off, i just wanted to let you guys know that i KNOW the title has not been updated. erica is in charge of that since she started the TR and she and matt are away this weekend on a fun getaway, so it may be when they get back before it gets changed. hope they're having fun! :goodvibes

on to the TR.......

so we had a lunch ADR at...

[​IMG]

...at 2:30, i think. so we headed that way. we had to wait like less than 5 minutes before we were sat. we got a table right next to the window that looked out onto the main walkway of WS. here's the section we sat in....

[​IMG]

here's the section that's more inside the restaurant...

[​IMG]

our server was pleasant but not geniunely nice, if you know what i mean. we asked him for some recommendations and then as we started to look over the menu, we noticed this guy starting a show outside the window....

[​IMG]

we couldn't really hear but we could follow just by watching. he would have people in the "audience" do several little tricks/stunts. then he gets this one guy and has him stand on this table....

[​IMG]

i think he was trying to get him to do a handstand....

[​IMG]

i told erica that i'd be peeved if he did that to me! then, just as he was getting ready to get down, the guy goes and does this.....

[​IMG]

um...yeah....he was part of the show. duh! :laughing:

and he was very talented.....and brave! :scared1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when our food came i was glad because i was starving. i ordered the gratin de macaroni (baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese). YUMMMMMMMMM.......

[​IMG]

erica got the lasagnes de legumes du soleil a l'huile d'olive au thym (zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, onions and bell peppers baked into thin layers of pasta).....

[​IMG]

my entree was SO GOOD. just full of rich cheesiness.....it was awesome! erica and i shared a few bites of our dishes with each other and hers was excellent, too. i love veggies so i really enjoyed it. i think she liked mine, too! i couldn't finish it so i asked for it to go. i figured it would be a good late-night snack after MNSSHP!

views from our table.....

[​IMG]

i think they were bringing out the barges for illuminations maybe? maybe not though because it was only like 3:00.

[​IMG]

at some point while we were eating the guy started his show again. this time erica found the "tourist" he picks for the show who's really a performer. he was sitting over to the side with an artist!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then he slowly walks over to the show and starts "observing." sneaky, sneaky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then -- what do you know -- he gets chosen!

[​IMG]

very clever little thing they've got goin on there!

with dessert we decided we wanted a cappucino - yummy!

[​IMG]

i had the crepe a la pomme et cannelle, glace vanille, caramel jus de pommes (crepes filled with cinnamon, apple, vanilla ice cream and apple caramel sauce). it was good but i thought the apples were a bit mushy.

[​IMG]

erica had the creme brulee. sorry - no long french name there. that's it: CREME BRULEE! she said it was good. i can't remember if i tried it or not.

[​IMG]

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28604856&postcount=742

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. punkin413

after our yummy lunch it was around 3:30, so we decided to explore france a little bit and then head out so we could get a short break before going to MNSSHP that night.

we went to the library first - i was hoping for a beauty and the beast sighting. i have yet to meet the beast. that's one of my favorite disney movies and i really want to meet him, but no such luck this time. i love the library though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

roaming around france....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we did have some character luck though! we met aurora out in a courtyard in france!

[​IMG]

we then headed back towards the exit through the international gateway...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as we rounded the corner, we saw these guys!

[​IMG]

we didn't stop for a picture because we wanted to get back to pop. but they were in a silly mood that day! :rotfl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

check out the sky.....i hope that clears up in a couple of hours!!!!

[​IMG]

the really cool slide at the pool at the beach club....

[​IMG]

i wanted to see where beaches and cream was since we're going there in december, so we took the long way around and saw the pool. apparently there is an area for ducks to swim in....

[​IMG]

cute, but keep away from me!

the pool here is totally awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i can't wait to eat a kitchen sink here next month!

[​IMG]

cute tables....

[​IMG]

when we got back to pop we decided to see if we could see more of the unfinished part across the lake. we drove as far as we could and then had to turn around. plus there was some snoopish security guy driving around, so we didn't get to see much.

we thought this was an appropriate sentiment for our trip!

[​IMG]

next.....MICKEY'S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!!!!! will it rain us out? you'll have to wait and see. popcorn::

4. shannon47142

shannon47142 DIS Veteran

What a cool show in France. Each time I read about your adventures in WS, I add a new "to do/see" to my ever growing Disney wishes!

5. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Beautiful photos from France! Lunch looks yummy!

I loved seeing your photos of Stormalong Bay and Beaches and Cream (we are going to stay at the Beach Club in June with the new discount, so I can't get enough photos from there)! :banana:

6. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Nice update! We loved Chefs, too! You got some great pics, and the little "show" was really funny! It's nice you could watch from your nice air conditioned table. :thumbsup2

I think they do take the barges out that early - we got stopped on the draw bridge in Mexico at about that time once, and watched them go by.

I love Beaches and Cream! We had a "No Way Jose" once with 7 of us, and we could only eat about half. They are alot smaller now - I guess we would need the Kitchen Sink! I love the Beach Club - definately must stay there sometime.

Can't wait to see MNSSHP!:surfweb:

7. DisneyLaura

DisneyLaura A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Dawn great update! Lunch and of course desserts looked very yummy. That show with the two guys was cool. I remember the last time we were there we had just walked up to the one in Italy with the statues but they were real people. It was funny to see the people jump when they moved and they didn't realize they weren't statues.

[​IMG]

I love the books on the shelf. I don't remember ever seeing this but like I told you I never went through the WS slow so I'm going to see this next time.

[​IMG]

She looks so much like her

Can't wait for the Halloween party, I hope you don't get rained out.

8. lmillercrew

lmillercrew DIS Veteran

Those clouds don't look very promising. I hope they pass.
    Your cheesy noodles looked delicious!!! Everything tastes wonderful with cheese!!!

9. alan_renfroe

alan_renfroe DIS Veteran

Lunch at Les Chefs looks great! We have never eaten there and are considering making ADRs for lunch on our upcoming trip.

10. disneymom1980

disneymom1980 DIS Veteran

We didn't get to spend much time in the WS because DD was bored........I'm going to have to pay much closer attention when we're there in January! I don't think we really saw anything in France except for the stand with the Grey Goose Slushies :thumbsup2 .

11. xoktenox

xoktenox DIS Veteran

hahaha:laughing: yours is MUCH more traumatic then mine, I think I'm just a wuss lol:rotfl2:

12. Happy Elf

Happy Elf DIS Veteran

Your lunch looks amazing! DH would really like to eat there, but I don't know if DD would like it? She is kinda picky at times!

13. Philadisney

Philadisney <font color=blue>In the Name of Epcot<br><font col

oh your lunch does look amazing! I have only eaten there once, and it was about 6 years ago, and it was Christmas Day with my parents. I don't even remember what I got - some sort of chicken? Definitely want to stop back there someday. That creme brulee looks great.
    I love the show in France and always try to get people I am in WDW to check it out without telling them that guy is part of the show. Crazy! I always find myself wondering if he has ever slipped :eek:
    I met the Beast once, in France, on my May 2006 trip. He picked me a flower and his character handler told me he thought I was beautiful :blush: I took that opportunity to point out to my EX-boyfriend that HE had never bought me flowers :rotfl:

14. AussieAngel

AussieAngel DIS Veteran

Yum! I can't wait to eat at Chefs de France in January!! :banana:

That photo of Chip (or maybe Dale!?) standing by himself and striking a pose reminds me a bit of Luke doing one of his groovy dance moves!! :thumbsup2

15. Eventer98

Eventer98 DIS Veteran

Your lunch looked good Dawn! I would have never considered eating there since we are meat and potatoes people but it didn't look that weird. What was the rest of menu like? :confused3

16. lauren_elizabeth

lauren_elizabeth Disney World Lover

Mmmm, both of what you ordered at Chefs looks amazing! We actually have an ADR there on our arrival day & seeing the pictures yall posted makes me even more excited! :goodvibes

And how cool is it that yall were able to watch the chair show while eating?

Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP! :banana:

17. CanadianWDWfan

CanadianWDWfan DIS Veteran

France food, yummo!!! I too love cheese.

I am so amazed at how people can do tricks like that, he is quite tallented. You had a nice view.

The Beast is one of my favorites, I missed him, he was leaving just as we walked up. I got a fast pic.

Good luck with the kitchen sink, take a breath and just dig in. ;)

18. winkers

winkers <font color=blue>I was stuck in that position and

Lunch looked really good. I've wanted to try Chefs but I'm a little intimidated by it and worried about my kids liking it.

19. punkin413

yeah, it was really neat. amazing how they stack all those chairs up and they don't topple over!

i'm so jealous that you're staying there! wow....can't wait to read your TR! now i just have to wait 7 months. :laughing:

if i was getting something for myself it would be a no way jose. but since we have 5 people this time, we figured when are we ever gonna get a chance to eat a kitchen sink again? so we're going for it!

you know they don't have those people in itality anymore, right? which is such a bummer because they looked really cool. i've never seen them other than in pictures. the library in france is really neat. the windows in there are gorgeous. be sure to check it out! it's right next to the perfume store.

i agree!!! :laughing:

it was awesome. i'd recommend it!

there's so much to explore at WS. there's no way to do it in one trip. so just take your time and get in what you can. did your DD do the kidcot stops? that may help with her boredom in WS. :thumbsup2

20. punkin413

how old is she? here's the kids menu for you: http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfk.htm

seriously! he must have slipped at least once. although, if he did, i don't know if he'd be around today to tell us about it! :eek: cute about the beast. i wanna meet him! that's definitely going to be something i try to get accomplished in december.

:laughing: very true! he was in a frisky mood that day.

i think if you stick to basic things you'd be fine. here's the menus for you:

lunch - http://allears.net/menu/menu_cdf.htm
    dinner - http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfd.htm

my sister ate there last year for dinner and she got the shrimp and scallops and her boyfriend got the filet. he's a meat and potatoes kinda guy too and he enjoyed it.

cool! i'm sure you'll love it. the chair show was really neat. i'm glad we got the table we did!

i really hope i get to meet the beast in december. he's probably the last character i really want to meet that i haven't yet, besides tinker bell of course.

here are the menus for you. it was good. i think if you guys can handle marrakesh you can handle this!

lunch - http://allears.net/menu/menu_cdf.htm
    dinner - http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfd.htm
    kids - http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfk.htm

21. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

your meal looked really really good.

r u going to try and knock out that kitchen sink with 2 of your or all 5 of you on your triP?

im not to sure if hte wife and i could handle that by ourselfs when we go, but i might give it the o college try.