Am I the only one longing for a grown-up's resort?

This is the best thread ever in Disboards history!!! I have been dying reading this start to finish .

I love seeing kids being kids at but there comes a time when seeing parents at a resort treat it like their home and allow their kids to do whatever, as long as it doesn't disturb them, goes a bit too far. It's got worse over the years, I'm not sure if it's the self entitled mentality of (some) parents who think that they've paid their money and they'll do whatever they want? Of course some adults without kids can be just as bad but I've had enough of being woken up very early in the morning by kids screaming or being allowed to play in the hallways. I've got great memories of being a kid on vacation but one thing I wasn't allowed to do by my parents was to treat the resort like home, it was a resort and I was privileged to be there. I was also taught to show respect to others, again something that sadly seems to be lacking nowadays. So, onto an adult floor/wing/resort - yes please :) Perfect candidate would be the Yacht Club, it tends to be quieter than other resorts and more adult orientated anyways. Perhaps have an adult only building and quiet pool at a value and moderate resort too.

In our fantasy resort, can we have a 'frugal wing' where people who are traveling solo can have a very small, and therefore very inexpensive room? For those of us who don't need any sort of luxury accomodations, and for whom even a value room is too big. Like, one step above a tent? Have you seen capsules, like in Japan or in some airports? All I want to do is sleep there, it just needs a twin sized bed, a small desk, free wifi, and maybe a private bathroom. Shouldn't be more than $25 per night (the rooms are seriously tiny!) That would be amazing.

I'm sure we can, it's your fantasy (practicing my Ricardo Montalban accent). However, don't all the people in steerage die on the Titanic?

You did see the posts about the live cat cafe, the book store, and the mostly naked men in giant hamster balls, right? I think we've moved past 800ct sheets and into a whole new realm of Fantasy Island-type bacchanalia. In fact, I'm gonna get naked and grab a glass of pinot grigio right now!

Oh my you made me snort!!:thanks:

My favorite moment like this was on the cruise I took in May.

At the night club there is this woman with two kids that are being terrors. They are loud running around getting into things. Then they are standing near the entrance while I'm waiting for DH to get out of the bathroom and the girl is twirling around a sign pole and asks what the sign says. Mom answers "It says you have to be 18 to go in here"

So she proved that she CAN read they just apparently didn't care.

This is exactly why the OP idea probably will never come to be. :confused3 There will ALWAYS be the "entitlement" guest, as well as the "ignorant" guest, as well as the "don't give a &*(" guest.... As a mother with an adult child who came with us to fancy restaurants, fancy resorts, the theatre, etc.. since she was very young, you have to TEACH manners to LEARN manners. Once that cycle is broken, or ignored. bad behavior rules. And ruins it for the rest of polite society.
***Off my soapbox now. :rotfl2:

This is exactly why the OP idea probably will never come to be. :confused3 There will ALWAYS be the "entitlement" guest, as well as the "ignorant" guest, as well as the "don't give a &*(" guest.... As a mother with an adult child who came with us to fancy restaurants, fancy resorts, the theatre, etc.. since she was very young, you have to TEACH manners to LEARN manners. Once that cycle is broken, or ignored. bad behavior rules. And ruins it for the rest of polite society.
***Off my soapbox now. :rotfl2:
You do realize that this is not only a joke, but is also filled with such absurd fantasies as cat cafes, giant hamster balls with naked men wandering around, Japanese hotel-style sleeping pods, and other crazy nonsense? Right? No one ever meant to try to come up with some sort of practical idea about child behavior . That sounds way less fun than the nude frolics with Pinot Grigio we had been talking about. Did I not make the initial few entries silly enough? Does it truly seem like I am grumbling about children AT A THEME PARK like a total moron? My ideas will never come to be not because of entitled guests, but because the WDW company is not likely to build a massive resort for adults only and fill it with bookstores run by cyborg cats, giant hamster balls, Japanese sleeping pods, naked frolicking, 4 star restaurants, and unicorns. Now it is well after noon. Time for some well-earned wine and science fiction. I never get off this soapbox except to go to the fridge. Or the toilet. Or to the cat bowl.

Alright kids. Let's shut it down. I got too many well-meaning ladies telling me about how awesome their kids are and how my resort with the hot dudes from the Queen of England's personal guard is impractical. This had something to do with entitlement. The whole deal with machine guns and full frontal nudity weren't even considered in the practicality issue. Honestly, I would think weenies and live ammunition would be a bigger deal than people being entitled, but hey, what do I know about resort design? I was never interested in a resort with less children or better behaved children. I was interested in a resort with those clear plastic tubes running through the rooms. With ocelots. And also no children. Next discussion, why is Leia not a Disney Princess yet? She is party of the royal family of Alderaan, a real princess.

Alright kids. Let's shut it down. I got too many well-meaning ladies telling me about how awesome their kids are and how my resort with the hot dudes from the Queen of England's personal guard is impractical. This had something to do with entitlement. The whole deal with machine guns and full frontal nudity weren't even considered in the practicality issue. Honestly, I would think weenies and live ammunition would be a bigger deal than people being entitled, but hey, what do I know about resort design? I was never interested in a resort with less children or better behaved children. I was interested in a resort with those clear plastic tubes running through the rooms. With ocelots. And also no children. Next discussion, why is Leia not a Disney Princess yet? She is party of the royal family of Alderaan, a real princess.

Because Leia had/has family Disney hasn't murdered yet....

Once they kill off everyone she's ever known or loved, she'll hit princess status.

You do realize that this is not only a joke, but is also filled with such absurd fantasies as cat cafes, giant hamster balls with naked men wandering around, Japanese hotel-style sleeping pods, and other crazy nonsense? Right? No one ever meant to try to come up with some sort of practical idea about child behavior . That sounds way less fun than the nude frolics with Pinot Grigio we had been talking about. Did I not make the initial few entries silly enough? Does it truly seem like I am grumbling about children AT A THEME PARK like a total moron? My ideas will never come to be not because of entitled guests, but because the WDW company is not likely to build a massive resort for adults only and fill it with bookstores run by cyborg cats, giant hamster balls, Japanese sleeping pods, naked frolicking, 4 star restaurants, and unicorns. Now it is well after noon. Time for some well-earned wine and science fiction. I never get off this soapbox except to go to the fridge. Or the toilet. Or to the cat bowl.

:earboy2: But I don't like cats...... pluto:

Oh man, this topic is awesome. If there's going to be a cat cafe, there MUST be a dog cafe for those of us who KNOW that dogs are better ;) Maybe there could be a permanent installment of the Puppybowl? We can even have a Kittenbowl..I'm equal opportunity. I would also like to request a wing with NBS-Category Rooms: Nude Butler Service. Thanks.

Oh man, this topic is awesome. If there's going to be a cat cafe, there MUST be a dog cafe for those of us who KNOW that dogs are better ;) Maybe there could be a permanent installment of the Puppybowl? We can even have a Kittenbowl..I'm equal opportunity. I would also like to request a wing with NBS-Category Rooms: Nude Butler Service. Thanks.

Now, I could support the dog cafe!!
But the NBS? You DO know those that shouldn't are usually the ones that do??
(Still shudder thinking of the participants on those St. Maarten beaches.... ) :crazy2:

Now, I could support the dog cafe!!
But the NBS? You DO know those that shouldn't are usually the ones that do??
(Still shudder thinking of the participants on those St. Maarten beaches.... ) :crazy2:

Uh oh, I need a mind wipe now!! Hahahaha! Don't worry, I will personally oversee the rigorous Nude Butler selection process. It'll be a hard job, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

In our fantasy resort, can we have a 'frugal wing' where people who are traveling solo can have a very small, and therefore very inexpensive room? For those of us who don't need any sort of luxury accomodations, and for whom even a value room is too big. Like, one step above a tent? Have you seen capsules, like in Japan or in some airports? All I want to do is sleep there, it just needs a twin sized bed, a small desk, free wifi, and maybe a private bathroom. Shouldn't be more than $25 per night (the rooms are seriously tiny!) That would be amazing.
I don't need the desk. :)

On Disney Cruise Line they have private adult areas with kid, family and adult pool areas and believe me it doesn't work as well as you would hope.

I think they do a great job on DCL keeping little ones out of the adult areas. I've been on two cruises in the last four years as adults only, and never had a problem once with kids in the adult areas. It was lovely.

dizy76

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter