Am I the only one longing for a grown-up's resort?

I like the Disney cruises because you can get away from the kids, but still get your fill of Disney. We just need something like that at the resorts. I like kids; I work at a school, but I can stop those poopie conversations when I hear them.

I would love it! Looking at these boards you can tell that there is plenty of demand. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing cute kids--at the parks. When I'm a Disney, I go to the hotel to relax and would prefer to not witness children or parents having meltdowns. It would be nice to be free from hearing an angry parent yelling at his/her kid(s) about how much they paid for the trip and how they should be having fun for a bit. lol.

In theory I would love an all adults resort at Disney as well, and sometimes I think it would be great to have an adults only night at one of the parks too. But that is assuming that the adults would actually act like respectful adults. But often they do not. I have been to adult resorts and it isn't always peacefulness and often gets loud and raunchy. There isn't a guaranteed that one would get an uninterrupted nap at even an adults pool area. If you really want a restful nap than it should be done in your hotel room. I am be no means a prude but to be honest I would rather hear children screaming and yelling with joy at a pool than listen to some adults swear and yell as often happens as drinks get flowing around a pool. And I don't even have kids. Even when I took a Disney cruise the adult pool area got loud as the day went on.

I've rallied for an adult only restaurant called "I don't care" for years. I'm a mom, even when my youngun was little and cute I would have loved to have a resort I could go without hearing crying, whining, begging or yelling. Alas, I don't see it happening. And by the way, the Four Seasons was actually less a night than a deluxe at Disney, unless you get a really good discount.

I longed for my fantasy Disney grown-up resort. Luxury bedding. Peaceful poolsides where I can read. Adult cuisine. Fine restaurants and lounges with live music and dancing. Sigh.

I would absolutely pay for that!

Parents have a superiority complex on all things except one thing. Their sex life. As revenge, a little flirt, long kiss or suggestive motion is all you need to make any parent gag. Obviously you'll want to do this with a friend, not by yourself or you'll look creepy.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I am so banking this idea for later! Genius!

Can we have a smokers building at the All Adults Resort? You must be a smoker to stay in this particular section of the resort, or be willing to accept you will be around smokers. Smoking would be allowed in the guest rooms, on the balcony, in the restaurant and lounge, on your balcony or patio, at the pool and hot tub. We would be happy to have the building be downwind from the other buildings, and would willingly accept our segregation in the All Adult Resort.

I love this idea too! As a non-smoker, I'd be thrilled if the smokers had an area all their own; then you guys can cut loose, and I can steer clear!

I vote for:
Adult only resort
Adult only time in the parks
Adult only time at DTD
Adult only times at the Disney G, PG movies

I've always said that Disney would make a killing if they added EMH that was 21+. It would be epic. They could even sell it as a hard ticket to guests not staying in the resort. Like the Tokyo Disney Starlight ticket... but for grownups. :cool1:

I'd love the idea of an adult only resort. Right now I'd love some more over 21 night spots. How about turning a few of the bars at DTD to adult only oasis?

I'd love to be able to enjoy a special birthday (booked months ago) evening meal at Be our Guest without having the obnoxiously loud lady at the next table telling her young (well behaved as far as I could see) child that she was going to 'pull down his pants and smack his little bottom'. Perfect birthday ambiance!

I can't understand why the BARS allow kids at all. Those definitely should be adults-only!
Probably because they serve food. I guess the resort lounges may or may not serve food, but it never makes sense to me to have a bunch of little kids running around a resort lounge. You'd think an adult would see a few adults sipping pre-dinner cocktails and say, "Maybe this is a grow-up place. There are no toys, quiet music, plush couches and no swimming pool. Let's go back to the swimming pool."

I love the idea of a bookstore! I also think that you are all living in a dream world if you think this will ever happen on Disney property, as much as we would like it. And, I'd much rather have lots of kids running around me at Disney than having one sitting behind me on an airplane!o_Oo_Oo_O

I love the idea of a bookstore! I also think that you are all living in a dream world if you think this will ever happen on Disney property, as much as we would like it. And, I'd much rather have lots of kids running around me at Disney than having one sitting behind me on an airplane!o_Oo_Oo_O
I definitely don't expect it to ever happen but a girl can dream. After all I am sure the folks at Disney would not like to encourage people to sit around reading when they could be spendingspendingspending.

Based on the responses here, it seems like we need *two* adults only resorts (or perhaps a large resort with two sides). One that's a bit more party-oriented and another which is more quiet and relaxing.

Yes! And then there can be a big pool in the middle where the two sides can mingle!

An adults only resort would be nice and a dream come true. Children don't bother me and I can understand their excitement about being at WDW or DLR and usually prepare myself before I go on my Disney vacation. What I find disturbing are the adults who allow their children to run wild, unsupervised or do not correct bad or rude behavior.

Based on the responses here, it seems like we need *two* adults only resorts (or perhaps a large resort with two sides). One that's a bit more party-oriented and another which is more quiet and relaxing.

Yes! And then there can be a big pool in the middle where the two sides can mingle!

On Disney Cruise Line they have private adult areas with kid, family and adult pool areas and believe me it doesn't work as well as you would hope.

On Disney Cruise Line they have private adult areas with kid, family and adult pool areas and believe me it doesn't work as well as you would hope.

It's worked pretty well every time I've cruised, but we're talking about an entire resort of 21+. If you don't even let kids book to stay there, it's pretty easy to kick them out if you see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter