• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one longing for a grown-up's resort?

I think they do a great job on DCL keeping little ones out of the adult areas. I've been on two cruises in the last four years as adults only, and never had a problem once with kids in the adult areas. It was lovely.

dizy76
I've been on eight disney cruises in the past five years and I will agree that DCL cast members do a great job on keeping the kids out of the adult areas but my problems are with the parents that allow it to happen.

I've been on eight disney cruises in the past five years and I will agree that DCL cast members do a great job on keeping the kids out of the adult areas but my problems are with the parents that allow it to happen.

Agree with that!! And what's up with bringing kids into the bars at WDW??

Can there be some sort of socially anxious agoraphobe who wants an adult beverage or two transport system that sin't the hell of an over packed sweaty bus that I fear would give me flashbacks to the London tube which I so fiercely avoid? I know, I'm an absolute delight. Dare me not to go to Disney solo, dare me! (Yes, my brain is weird. Packed Disney parks fine. My own local supermarket or a train, meltdown.)

Can there be some sort of socially anxious agoraphobe who wants an adult beverage or two transport system that sin't the hell of an over packed sweaty bus that I fear would give me flashbacks to the London tube which I so fiercely avoid? I know, I'm an absolute delight. Dare me not to go to Disney solo, dare me! (Yes, my brain is weird. Packed Disney parks fine. My own local supermarket or a train, meltdown.)
Perhaps those bubble things like in the most recent Jurassic Park film. A tiny fridge inside with a selection of festive libations and lovely AC. No children. I'd likely spend hours floating above ground in my own plexi bubble, listening to David Bowie, having a cocktail or two in a REAL glass not in a plastic cup like a hospital patient. Maybe a nap. I'd pay top dollar for those. Yes indeed. Excellent suggestion!

We stayed at a smaller, environmentally-focused all-inclusive on the Maya Riviera. It was very nice and had excellent cuisine. It catered to couples, not singles, but there were lots of singles there. It was peaceful and serene. It wasn't a big "party-hearty" environment. There were smokers on one side (there were a lot of Europeans there). I think the all inclusives have very specific clientele, and you have to research them carefully to find the environment you want in your budget. Don't give up!
Do you have the name and/or a website? That sounds heavenly.

I totally think that all transport at our resort should be via water slide. Or they need to invent the Futurama sucky-tube-thingies to get around because that would be totally cool. You could just slide right out of your sleeping pod and into the tube system to head right to Epcot or the cat cafe.

Look this is gonna infuriate someone, I'm sure, but I don't mind kids in the parks but I'd sure like a STROLLER FREE park!!:furious:

My wish would be that any hotel with a hot tub make the hot tub CHILD FREE! After all the little kids have their own water play area why the heck can't adults enjoy a nice quiet soak without fear of having a darling child perform a cannonball in the hot tub... And I still don't understand why the heck an 8 year old can "belly up to the bar" and camp out on a bar stool!!

I've always said that I would enjoy WDW much more if it wasn't for all thr kids!

For everyone who participated: I just reread this and it was so funny that I made the cats scatter with my braying laugh. You people are seriously hilarious.

I was aroused from a delightful nap by the spa at Port Orleans French Quarter by two adult women and four small children yelling, yes YELLING, about going potty. Who went potty? When they went potty? Did they go number two? Did grandma take them potty? The potty questions were endless. The detail was excruciating. The most painful detail? This conversation was yelled over a distance of maybe 30-40 feet, while the moms were in the spa and the kids were outside the spa area with another adult. The fact that there were two adults napping meant nothing. The potty screaming spa-side seemed totally normal to them. Now, I have a high tolerance for bathroom talk. I am a nurse. But it all seemed so surreal. And again, I longed for my fantasy Disney grown-up resort. Luxury bedding. Peaceful poolsides where I can read. Adult cuisine. Fine restaurants and lounges with live music and dancing. Sigh.

um all inclusive adult resorts are plentiful in america

Can we have a smokers building at the All Adults Resort? You must be a smoker to stay in this particular section of the resort, or be willing to accept you will be around smokers. Smoking would be allowed in the guest rooms, on the balcony, in the restaurant and lounge, on your balcony or patio, at the pool and hot tub. We would be happy to have the building be downwind from the other buildings, and would willingly accept our segregation in the All Adult Resort.
They would have to hire workers who had no problem working in an extremely stinky, terribly unhealthy environment. Ones who wouldn't care if their throats burned, who wouldn't mind feeling nauseous all day, who wouldn't mind smelling like an ash tray, who wouldn't mind having a pounding headache, who wouldn't mind spending day after day breathing in second hand smoke.

Last edited:
Parents have a superiority complex on all things except one thing. Their sex life. As revenge, a little flirt, long kiss or suggestive motion is all you need to make any parent gag. Obviously you'll want to do this with a friend, not by yourself or you'll look creepy.
Oh my, just spit out my coffee. I will be laughing about this all day!

They would have to hire workers who had no problem working in an extremely stinky, terribly unhealthy environment. Ones who wouldn't care if their throats burned, who wouldn't mind feeling nauseous all day, who wouldn't mind smelling like an ash tray, who wouldn't mind having a pounding headache, who wouldn't mind spending day after day breathing in second hand smoke.

Maybe just hire smokers? After all they make up 18% of the adult population! Problem solved.

I was aroused from a delightful nap by the spa at Port Orleans French Quarter by two adult women and four small children yelling, yes YELLING, about going potty. Who went potty? When they went potty? Did they go number two? Did grandma take them potty? The potty questions were endless. The detail was excruciating. The most painful detail? This conversation was yelled over a distance of maybe 30-40 feet, while the moms were in the spa and the kids were outside the spa area with another adult. The fact that there were two adults napping meant nothing. The potty screaming spa-side seemed totally normal to them. Now, I have a high tolerance for bathroom talk. I am a nurse. But it all seemed so surreal. And again, I longed for my fantasy Disney grown-up resort. Luxury bedding. Peaceful poolsides where I can read. Adult cuisine. Fine restaurants and lounges with live music and dancing. Sigh.
Now, now, my darling people. Let's grasp some irony, shall we? I do crave an adults only resort with naked men in hamster balls and Beefeaters standing guard to protect me from tiny people full of angst and cooties and zero boundaries. However, we can have comical fun, can't we?

Now, now, my darling people. Let's grasp some irony, shall we? I do crave an adults only resort with naked men in hamster balls and Beefeaters standing guard to protect me from tiny people full of angst and cooties and zero boundaries. However, we can have comical fun, can't we?

I still think we can if the Beefeaters can sniff out and keep out the humorless AND the tiny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter