Am I the only one longing for a grown-up's resort?

littleblackegg

DIS Veteran
I was aroused from a delightful nap by the spa at Port Orleans French Quarter by two adult women and four small children yelling, yes YELLING, about going potty. Who went potty? When they went potty? Did they go number two? Did grandma take them potty? The potty questions were endless. The detail was excruciating. The most painful detail? This conversation was yelled over a distance of maybe 30-40 feet, while the moms were in the spa and the kids were outside the spa area with another adult. The fact that there were two adults napping meant nothing. The potty screaming spa-side seemed totally normal to them. Now, I have a high tolerance for bathroom talk. I am a nurse. But it all seemed so surreal. And again, I longed for my fantasy Disney grown-up resort. Luxury bedding. Peaceful poolsides where I can read. Adult cuisine. Fine restaurants and lounges with live music and dancing. Sigh.

I don't have any kids and, to be honest, I like to plan my vacation at WDW around the times that most kids are in school. I stay away from holidays and the summer break in order to avoid the busier times. This is, of course, not against all young families, but I do prefer more of an adult area. But then again, there are a lot of obnoxious adults as well, like the ones in your story. It seems you can't really escape everything! There's always going to be at least one annoying person on your vacation!

I don't have any kids and, to be honest, I like to plan my vacation at WDW around the times that most kids are in school. I stay away from holidays and the summer break in order to avoid the busier times. This is, of course, not against all young families, but I do prefer more of an adult area. But then again, there are a lot of obnoxious adults as well, like the ones in your story. It seems you can't really escape everything! There's always going to be at least one annoying person on your vacation!
A gal can dream!

HA! Yes, we have 4 kids and go to Disney a lot. Hubby and I go to Food and Wine on a special trip just the two of us. We say that every time we are gone. FQ usually is the quietest, but it would be nice to have a break like that. LOL Especially the spas, they should have an adult only rule.

While there is nowhere to get away from kids, it is Disney after all, the deluxe hotels have quiet pools that tend to be, well,quieter. For that matter I think there are quiet pools at POR. Frankly, I've been in many an "adult" place where I've heard people screaming about potties. I was at the Four Seasons in Atlanta (one of the best hotels in town at the time) and Janet Jackson was having a party for her husband, you do not want to know the things I heard going on in the hallways that night. No sleep for me.

I was aroused from a delightful nap by the spa at Port Orleans French Quarter by two adult women and four small children yelling, yes YELLING, about going potty.... This conversation was yelled over a distance of maybe 30-40 feet, while the moms were in the spa and the kids were outside the spa area with another adult. The fact that there were two adults napping meant nothing. ..., I longed for my fantasy Disney grown-up resort. Luxury bedding. Peaceful poolsides where I can read. Adult cuisine. Fine restaurants and lounges with live music and dancing. Sigh.

Rude, dumb, and thoughtless has no barriers. Knuckleheads are knuckleheads even at an adult resort, and in some cases worse due to some guests feeling they are entitled.

While I'm sure there will be posts that dispute this but I think you can have a more adult and restful time at a Deluxe Disney Hotel, with the GF leading the pack (of course there is a price tag for that). I think the Contemporary Pool while having plenty of kids is usually a bit quieter as well. Of course I have been at pools of adult resorts where the adults do not understand that not everyone within 30 yards doesn't want to hear their conversation. The Four Seasons of course is a fine choice for those who have the means to pay.

I would love an adults only resort.

I work in a High School (teenagers are a lot of fun) but I don't care much for small children. It'd be lovely to have an adult only retreat at the end of the day, as I'm stuck with school holiday visits!

We didn't have too much bother at SSR, to be fair, but there were a couple of less than fun moments with kids.

Parents have a superiority complex on all things except one thing. Their sex life. As revenge, a little flirt, long kiss or suggestive motion is all you need to make any parent gag. Obviously you'll want to do this with a friend, not by yourself or you'll look creepy.

Parents have a superiority complex on all things except one thing. Their sex life. As revenge, a little flirt, long kiss or suggestive motion is all you need to make any parent gag. Obviously you'll want to do this with a friend, not by yourself or you'll look creepy.

Wait what? I make out with myself all the time!

Thanks for that really funny story OP... it seriously makes me crack up!

I was thinking that an adults-only resort could be awesome. Although I also would caution that the experience might turn out differently than some of you might be picturing in your mind. I just got back from an adults-only resort, and it was raucous. I'm not talking spring-break-crazy, but with everyone from 20-somethings to older adults, and no kids to worry about, inhibitions were down and people were partaking liberally in booze.

I'm not picturing an "adults" resort as a relaxing place. I'm picturing a place where everyone from college bros to old couples get obnoxious. That could be fun too, maybe divert some of the drunks away from Epcot.

Can we have a smokers building at the All Adults Resort? You must be a smoker to stay in this particular section of the resort, or be willing to accept you will be around smokers. Smoking would be allowed in the guest rooms, on the balcony, in the restaurant and lounge, on your balcony or patio, at the pool and hot tub. We would be happy to have the building be downwind from the other buildings, and would willingly accept our segregation in the All Adult Resort.

Can we have a smokers building at the All Adults Resort? You must be a smoker to stay in this particular section of the resort, or be willing to accept you will be around smokers. Smoking would be allowed in the guest rooms, on the balcony, in the restaurant and lounge, on your balcony or patio, at the pool and hot tub. We would be happy to have the building be downwind from the other buildings, and would willingly accept our segregation in the All Adult Resort.
Wow. How Europe, 1985. I think Disney would gripe about the singe marks but I think the technology exists to put the smoker's shangri-la in some sort of unobtrusive wind tunnel. We have astronauts living in space making espresso after all. You could import all the staff from Italy and nobody would complain about that.

I didn't think of that. Next time I will invade their poop bubble with my sex moves.

Thanks for that really funny story OP... it seriously makes me crack up!

I was thinking that an adults-only resort could be awesome. Although I also would caution that the experience might turn out differently than some of you might be picturing in your mind. I just got back from an adults-only resort, and it was raucous. I'm not talking spring-break-crazy, but with everyone from 20-somethings to older adults, and no kids to worry about, inhibitions were down and people were partaking liberally in booze.

I'm not picturing an "adults" resort as a relaxing place. I'm picturing a place where everyone from college bros to old couples get obnoxious. That could be fun too, maybe divert some of the drunks away from Epcot.
We'd definitely have to make it super expensive to keep the riff raff out. People would still be crazy, but maybe the poolside string quartet will set a civilized mood.

I vote for:
Adult only resort
Adult only time in the parks
Adult only time at DTD
Adult only times at the Disney G, PG movies
Damn. We are getting hard core up in here!! I just want to eat one meal without hearing those little tots screaming for booby. Can I just get though the soup course? Please? I am not demanding a curfew for diaper-clad wee ones and their parents. Yet. Didn't we used to wean those little boogers before they could run around and specifically demand mom whip it out and provide life-giving elixir? It's like a science fiction novel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!