Am I the only one longing for a grown-up's resort?

We'd definitely have to make it super expensive to keep the riff raff out. People would still be crazy, but maybe the poolside string quartet will set a civilized mood.

Because only the less fortunate that can't afford to stay are the riff raff? News Flash: riff raff comes with rich attached as well:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

This thread brings up a really good point. The Disney cruise ships have adult-only lounges, restaurants, etc. Why don't Disney parks accommodate that need as well? There's obviously demand for it, and adults are willing to pay for it (I speak for myself, at least). Disney parks are such kid-crowded places that parents and non-parents alike would pay an arm and a leg for a nice dinner at an 18+ restaurant on their vacation, and I don't see why Disney hasn't even attempted this. Or am I wrong, and they have tried it in the past but it failed for some reason?

Not that plentiful.... most people go out of the country for good adult only all inclusive travel.
Agreed. We got married in Hawaii and love it there, but for our honeymoon, we headed to Fiji. There are many 16+ adults only resorts there and the vibe is completely different.

Definitely not the right place if you're looking for a vacation with a lot to see, eat and do - but if you want to sit by a poolside reading books in peace with a constantly replenished fruity drink, adults only is the only way to go.

I love the family-friendly vibe in the parks, but a 16+ only rooms building, restaurant/bar and pool at one of the Deluxe resorts would get us to open up our wallet in a heartbeat...

This thread brings up a really good point. The Disney cruise ships have adult-only lounges, restaurants, etc. Why don't Disney parks accommodate that need as well? There's obviously demand for it, and adults are willing to pay for it (I speak for myself, at least). Disney parks are such kid-crowded places that parents and non-parents alike would pay an arm and a leg for a nice dinner at an 18+ restaurant on their vacation, and I don't see why Disney hasn't even attempted this. Or am I wrong, and they have tried it in the past but it failed for some reason?

I guess if you count Albert and Victoria's that's age 10 and up and I'll bet you rarely see kids there. I do miss the old Pleasure Island - over 21 - I'd love to see a few of the places in Disney Springs go to an over 21 admittance - especially after 9pm (Boat House, Hanger Bar..etc.)

It would be cool if they built a park that was more adult. With bigger rides and such... kind of like Universal.

Because only the less fortunate that can't afford to stay are the riff raff? News Flash: riff raff comes with rich attached as well:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
You do realize this is an extended joke peppered with naked men in hamster balls, cat cafes, Beefeaters in full regalia guarding the pool, etc, right? Please tell me you grasp this.

You do realize this is an extended joke peppered with naked men in hamster balls, cat cafes, Beefeaters in full regalia guarding the pool, etc, right? Please tell me you grasp this.

Oh I grasp it completely: coming from one of those Italians you spoke of:rolleyes:
Aren't you just special.

We've been to Aulani twice. The last time we were at Aulani, one of the pools had transferred to adult only. The pool area worked great, it wasn't that it was silent, but adults having fun vs. children's piercing screams... I'll take the former any day. One of the hot tub areas had just been transferred into adult only, it seemed to be a challenge to keep it that way. If there wasn't a constant Disney hall monitor, immediately it was filled with children.

I would be happy to see an adults only resort in Las Vegas! At Disney, I've found the most obnoxious people are adults, and they would interrupt your nap regardless of whether there were kids in tow or not.

Hah, this is true. I've certainly been put off by more adults at Disney World than kids.

We made the (rookie, stupid) mistake of thinking that people would keep their kiddos at home for v-day and tried Epcot -- capital M MISTAKE. Apparently it's romantic to get drunk around the kiddos for cupid's holiday. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I would also totally pay more for an adult-only Disney experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter