11/22 UPDATEd LIST & CHECK 1st post , Our 5th year of sharing DVC Christmas Tree,

For those of you that have done this before any idea about how much it would cost to mail a possibly 4 foot decorated tree?

Sounds like it could get a little expensive:confused3

The sender usually includes an envelope for contributions for shipping to cover the last family returning the tree and to help reimburse the sender's original shipping cost.

What about the last person that has to mail the tree back to the original sender?

What about the last person that has to mail the tree back to the original sender?

There should be enough money in the donations envelope to cover return shipping plus to reimburse the original shipper.

WDWStar usually incldues shipping info when it gets closer to time.

For those of you that have done this before any idea about how much it would cost to mail a possibly 4 foot decorated tree?

Sounds like it could get a little expensive:confused3

To give you an idea, it costs about $8 to ship a 10 pound box from New Jersey to Lake Buena Vista via Fed Ground, which takes 3 days.

Thanks for the information! I was a little concerned that it would cost a lot to mail it back. Sounds like it won't be to bad.

I'm excited!!

This is our first year as part of the tree exchange, we are very excited. How much do people generally leave in the envelope as a donation?

This is our first year as part of the tree exchange, we are very excited. How much do people generally leave in the envelope as a donation?

We usually put approx. $5 depending on how much money has already been collected and how many families will be donating behind us.

It looks like my confirmation did not go through! We will be arriving at SSR Dec. 2-8. Let me know if you need more information. Thank you!!

STAR

I sent you a PM, noticed VWL tree two Dec-6 thru the 15th was not confirmed yet? Did'nt see a waiting list.

Was wondering if we could be so lucky ?:rolleyes1

Thank-you, either way your still :cool1:

Jim

In past years, we have brought ornaments which represent our part of the country for each family receiving the tree after us. Unfortunately, those who get the tree first usually miss out on the fun.

What one family did for our BWV trip last year, is send me a PM and then sent gifts to me to include in the box (tree) that I was sending. Maybe that will work for you.

Bobbi

WDWStar, forgot to say thanks so much for organizing this! Can't wait...
Susan

I have a very few families that need to confirm, i have sent you pms. I will not be taking anymore names or be making any changes after Nov. 9th. I have pm the families that are donating the trees with their tree list and names.
The trees will have to be shipped soon with keeping in mind the first family arrival dates of nov. 18th,19th 20, etc. The trees will take from 5 to 8 days to ship depending where the trees are located.

If anyone has any questions please post here and i will answer them. this way if another family has the same question they will be able to get the answer too.

If it a personal question or you would rather pm me that will be fine too.

Please keep in mind the simple rules,

1. pick up and drop off time 11am, pick up does not have to be 11am, especially if your room is not ready, but drop, off is important, because that is when check out is and its easier to drop it off then.
2. please remember your tree # because this will help bell service locate your name on the tree list faster.
3. please remember your dates to pick up the tree and drop the tree off ( these are the dates on the tree list, not your dates you will be there).
because it is only fair to the next family waiting for the tree and not wasting there time tracking down the tree.
4. please cross off your name on the outside of the tree box, after you have received the tree. tape the tree box good before returning the tree to bell service. please make a donation inside the tree box in the envelope to help with shipping to and from the resort.
5.. If you are the last family to receive the tree please use the return label inside the box and dont forget to ship the tree back to the owner and if there is extra money left from shipping please send it to the owner of the tree for the shipping down to the resort.
6. Enjoy the tree!:santa: and Have a Magical Vacation !:santa:

p.s you can always leave a thank you note inside the box for the family that donated the Tree! Because those DVC Members are the ones that wanted to share the magic with you and show everyone that DVC Members are Magical! :santa:
Its getting close for some of the families and im getting excited to share a little Magic with my DVC Members :santa:

I am unable to send a PM but would like to participate. I need a tree for BWV Dec 6 - 9. If I am looking at the list correctly, it looks like tree #2 is available. Is this correct? Thanks for doing this for everyone. You are part of the magic!

dizkneenut , we actually do not have BWV TRee #2, I had to make other arrangements with those families to put them on other tree lists. These families were willing to pick up a tree and bring it to the resort they were staying at and then bring the tree back to the original resort the tree belongs to. I will look at the list and see what i can do, if your willing to do the same, i also have a few families that are on a waitlist to that i need to check first. I cant guarantee, but i will look into it. I start taking names for the sharing a tree July 1st and i close the thread around Nov. 9th. Please do not pm me before July 1st for next year, it would be to hard to keep track of all the names before july. ;)

If one is not available to swap, where can I get one, or more to the point, where are all the others coming from. I would consider buying one to start a new swap tree, especially if you have others on a waiting list. As long as it is returned to me (or you) so that it can be used next year. If this is too late to consider, I'll make other arrangements, but if it helps you I would be glad to do it.

Let me know.

WOW, dizkneenut, im jumping for joy right now! the tree will be sent back to you, i have already taken in an orphan (tree) last year and two trees are plenty for me to send and arrange the tree lists. the trees you can pick up from walmart, target, any place really. the tree should not be any bigger the 4ft, a good size is about 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall. lights, decorations (not glass or exspensive) i also add a string of lights, extention cord for the balcony. you can add any other trinket if you would like, its your tree list (sort of speaking)
you can also read thru the thread and get other ideas.

if this is something you would like to do let me know. im sure i can throw a list together and make other families happy too :santa:

Hmmm, that would work with my waitlist! And I know I could return the tree to BWV from BCV !!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter