11/22 UPDATEd LIST & CHECK 1st post , Our 5th year of sharing DVC Christmas Tree,

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

I have tracked AKV Christmas Tree #2 since I shipped it 2 days ago and although I shipped it FEDEX GROUND, it was delivered today!!:banana:

So we are all set and I hope everyone enjoys the tree as much as we enjoyed preparing it:santa:

I dont have any photos as i was under the gun to get it shipped in time for our first family, but for those families on the AKV #2 tree list, please pm me if you need details.

TREE # 2 SHIPPED
withFaith50 Nov. 18th- 24th confirm
bxmetfan Dec.2nd-3rd confirm
Eeyore77 Dec. 7th-9th confirm
Malibelle Dec.19th- 23th confirm
LIFERBABE (donating the tree) Dec. 23rd- Jan. 5th confirm

Also please post photos of the tree PLEASE!!! I barely saw it myself and we dont check in until Dec 23:wizard: It's a special tree that I thought would be great for AKV's First Christmas:santa:

I also want to say a big THANK YOU to wdwstar for organizing this again. I just had 1 tree to put together so I cant imagine tracking all the trees and providing all the great support. 5 Years is a long time so congratulations wdwstar, a true Disney Princessprincess:

I'm getting OKW Tree #2 ready to ship :cool1:

For those of you who already packed/shipped yours, did you put the ornaments on the tree, or just pack them with the tree?
TIA!
Donna

For those of you who already packed/shipped yours, did you put the ornaments on the tree, or just pack them with the tree?
TIA!
Donna

I put mine on the tree and bent the ends of the branches back onto the hangers to hold them in place...annnnnd, I'm such a dork :rotfl: , I pulled it back out of the box to see how they'd hold -- and only one had fallen off...

For some reason I thought the point was to send it decorated ... but it boils down to personal preference, right?

I could see the point, though, of shipping undecorated...gives the receiver the chance to make it "their own" ..:santa:

:goodvibes

THANKS! I'm so excited! Our kiddos have no idea that we're getting a tree this year!

Hey VWL #1 Tree people (Good ol Gal, dsneygirl, Kato0627 & doodle)

I just wanted to let you know that VWL #1 tree has been shipped today and has been picked up at the FEDEX location. It should take 3 to 4 days to get to VWL.

I have the tracking number and will keep you posted on the tree arrival at the resort. If you would like the number, Good ol Gal, just PM me since you will be the first one to share the tree.

The box is brown, 12" x 12" x 40" tall. It has Disney's Wilderness Lodge Villas, DVC Christmas tree #1 sign taped to 4 sides of the box at the top.
The list of people sharing the tree is taped to one side of the box.

I would like to wish everyone sharing the tree and wdwstar a Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas :santa: and Happy New Year.

Thanks wdwstar for organizing again this year,
Jim.

For some reason I thought the point was to send it decorated ... but it boils down to personal preference, right?

I thought so too, but I wasn't sure what shape it would arrive in!

I could see the point, though, of shipping undecorated...gives the receiver the chance to make it "their own" ..:santa:

But then I wasn't sure if people would want to spend the time to decorate it!

Oh, the indecision:rotfl:

I'm going to decorate it, pack it and hope for the best!

:santa:

I sent mine with all the ornaments packed.

I didnt want anything to get broken. It should still be a quick set up and fun:santa:

I'm getting OKW Tree #2 ready to ship :cool1:

TIA!
Donna

Oooohhhh! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! We're the first people on the list and it is a suprise for my family, they have no idea! Thank you, thank you, thank you for donating the tree.

Decorated or undecorated it doesn't really matter to me, whatever is easiest I'd say!

Now.....got to get back to packing :goodvibes

oh dang it!

I need to stop over in the planning forum more often. I had no idea this thread was over here. I was wondering why I didn't see anything about the tree exchange in the mousecellaneous forum this year. doh!

We are going to at SSR from Dec 27 thru Jan 2. If someone has to cancel, let me know.

You can list me as "shipped" also, I'll be heading down on Wednesday.

BCV #3 will be set up and done on Tuesday! We fly out Monday night and one of our first day traditions is to hit Target or Walmart to pick up anything we need - this year, that need includes the TREE!

So tomorrow we'll print out the list, get the envelope ready, get our address label ready, and make sure we're all set.

So margaretCT, WDWJWEB1 and packetminnie our tree will be all set!

OKW Tree #3 (and BCV) has been shipped to BCV via FedEx. There are two boxes - one with the tree and one with the decorations including lights for the balcony and extension cords, etc.

OKW TREE #3
Abeyst Nov. 30th= Dec. 5th (BCV) confirm
BobNed (donating a tree) Dec. 8th-16th confirm
TinkerHokie Dec. 16th-21st confirm
bikeFan Dec. 23rd-29th confirm

The tree isn't decorated so we all get to share that task :santa:

OKW Tree #3 (and BCV) has been shipped to BCV via FedEx. There are two boxes - one with the tree and one with the decorations including lights for the balcony and extension cords, etc.

OKW TREE #3
Abeyst Nov. 30th= Dec. 5th (BCV) confirm
BobNed (donating a tree) Dec. 8th-16th confirm
TinkerHokie Dec. 16th-21st confirm
bikeFan Dec. 23rd-29th confirm

The tree isn't decorated so we all get to share that task :santa:

Thanks again Bob!! :dance3:

(Although I might be recruiting someone from bell services to help me get everything set up before the family makes it up to the room!! I'll have to do some smooth talkin'! :cool2: )

VWL Tree #4 is shipping and is scheduled to arrive this coming Wednesday via UPS. Hope all enjoy and have a great trip! Merry Christmas!

TREE #4
jimmytammy (donated the tree) confirm
DisneyTarheel Nov. 25th-Nov. 29thconfirm
1000th happy haunt Dec. 2nd - 10th confirm
tcb1 dec. 11th - 16th confirm
Fsued123 Dec.16th -18th confirm
poohbear7 Dec. 20th-21st confirm
kfields1 Dec. 22nd-29th confirm

The box has VWL Tree #4 written on it, with each of your names.

We have BWV tree #5 ready to go - we've added the balcony lights already and are working on the ornaments -what is everyone sending in way of ornaments?? This is the first time we've done it and I'm not sure what people do! I really want to send a tree & decorations that are fun for everyone - any ideas??

Thanks!!

We have BWV tree #5 ready to go - we've added the balcony lights already and are working on the ornaments -what is everyone sending in way of ornaments?? This is the first time we've done it and I'm not sure what people do! I really want to send a tree & decorations that are fun for everyone - any ideas??

Thanks!!

I think anything would be great! I am just thankful we are a part of this. Thanks so much! Haha it is funny that we are getting a tree from Richmond at disney when we live in Williamsburg!!:banana:

I didn't notice that you're just down the road! How funny! I just hope you all like the Richmond tree & lights! :) (technically, it's a Midlothian tree LOL)

Kim

Thank you so much for putting this together. It will really enhance our vacation experience.

And another great big thank you to Laurabearz. As of now we are the first family on the list for tree 1 at OKW. You are making our vacation even more magical!

just a reminder if you are on a list that the dcv family that is donating the tree and they are first family on the list, they maybe bringing the tree down with them or purchasing the tree when they get down to wdw.

It looks like all the trees will be shipped this week if the trees have not been marked shipped . :santa:

LIFERBABE...The tree is gorgeous! It is absolutely perfect for AKV. Unfortunately, I cannot find the cord that would let me transfer photo’s to my laptop, so I cannot send you any pictures of the tree or the stocking. I do want to share that I am already getting comments and smiles from people who have seen the tree and/or stocking :thumbsup2 !

Sorry AKV Tree #2 families ;) …I am deliberately leaving out a description of the decorated tree because I want you guys to be as pleasantly surprised as I was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter