Zyrtec-D available over the counter!

According to my pharmacy yesterday, when i went in to pick up a refill of zyrtek, the manufacturer also has a generic version of zyrtek now that it is available OTC. I was told they didn't have enough meds - they only had 29 of the brand name zyrtek and 1 generic and I would have to pay the brand name price. I asked if I could have all generic and I paid only $7.50 instead of $35 like last month. I can't believe they were going to make me pay that much when they had generic available and were giving me one generic already.

FOR THE UNHAPPY PEOPLE, GO BACK & READ POST #12 incase you missed my update. It turns out I don't need to buy OTC, I can still get it by script. So if script is cheaper for you than OTC, you might still be able to also.

Good luck.

Also, I noticed Walgreens sale flyer had a GENERIC product next to the Zyrtec ad advertised as "similar to zyrtec". Something like wal-zyr?

Thanks for doing that. I had planned to call the pharmacy to check, but now I'm actually slightly hopeful.

But I think my health plan won't cover meds that are available OTC.

As long as they come out with generic of the OTC stuff, I'll be OK with it. Right now, the whole family takes Zyrtec and I don't want it to become more expensive if I have to buy OTC! Target pharmacy actually sent each of us a letter about it going OTC and they also sent us $5.00 coupons for the new OTC stuff.

Placed order yesterday at CVS to refill Zyrtec-D script using our new BC/BS insurance. Picked up today & paid only $16 for 60 pills. I was formerly paying $50 with old insurance.

Ran over to Walmart for other shopping. Couldn't get pharmacist to tell me what price would be there with my new insurance without filling out lots of junk. But I DID FINALLY SEE Zyrtec-D in a store. yesterday it was just Zyrtec everywhere. At Walmart, the D is behind the pharmacy counter. Regular zyrtec is in the aisles.

And like a stated earlier, I saw a Walgreens generic version yesterday called Wal-Zyr.

I work at Walgreens and we have both zyrtec and zyrtec D both with a Walgreens 3 dollar instant coupon and the manufactuer coupon on the display. You can get zyrtec and wal-zyr in the aisle and zyrtec d behind the pharmacy counter. We were talking about how long it will take insurance to stop covering zyrtec now that it is OTC

My pharmacy said that no insurance they are aware of is going to cover Zyrtec now.

(Of course, I don't consider the woman who told be this infalable, so take it for what it's worth.)
They told me I had to get it OTC.

Does anyone know if it works as well at the prescription? I mean, Clairitin has done nothing for me since it went OTC, when it was a prescrtiption, it worked great.

Does anyone know if there is a chewable version of Zyrtec in the stores? This is what my son takes.

at walgreens there GENERIC version
Wal-Zyr D™ 12 hour Allergy Relief

is on
SALE!
$12.99 for 24 tablets
thru Jul 5

its on there weekly ad ... there ad is online as well ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter