Zero waste in the parks?

You can always get your own water at Rancho Del Zocalo and Pizza Port. If you really want to live it up, you can even add ice :-) & ;-).

Have a great time! Like you, I strive to minimize waste/my carbon footprint. I usually bring my own lunch (vegetarian)/snacks.

Rob

Thanks for your tr, really enjoyed it! Btw, you nailed the tone (practical not preachy) :)

Thanks so much! That's really my goal with writing about this stuff, so I appreciate the compliment ^^

No they don't sort your garbage, but I'm sure they do sort the recycling into appropriate categories, remove garbage. I'd love to see them implement composting, use compostable cutlery and if possible eliminate straws (or use paper based ones).

Adding compost bins would be such a big move, as public perception changes I hope that's something we'll see in the future for sure. I've noticed more and more conference centers have full compost sorting stations, so it's happening!

They have stated firmly and publicly that they go through it all.

I've tried to find a quote or article stating so, but have not been able to, though I hope it is the case. Have found the following:

Though on the Disneyland Public Affairs page, it does state that all trash from the onsite Hotels is sorted.
Disney’s Environmentality at Disneyland Resort » Waste Reduction (under Recycle)
At the three Resort hotels, all of the trash collected is sent to an off-site materials-recovery facility where recyclables are separated out and recycled.

I must say, it was a bit weird when we were at USH and just threw trash and recyclables into one container. It just felt wrong o_O. Threw us for a loop initially, looking for proper receptacles until we read the little sign on them stating all trash is sorted and recycled.

Thanks so much! That's really my goal with writing about this stuff, so I appreciate the compliment ^^

Adding compost bins would be such a big move, as public perception changes I hope that's something we'll see in the future for sure. I've noticed more and more conference centers have full compost sorting stations, so it's happening!
Seattle airport & HomeWood suites had this. It's confusing. I hope someone goes through it because I am
Always worried I did it wrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter