You're a National Treasure - Nov. Exercise Challenge

165/1000

45 minutes with running group last night.

Let's light this team BLUE this week! :cool2:

I had a good couple of days both with pool and walking. I'm at 339/1575 :)

Good Morning -Happy Thursday.

Congratulations to the newest true bluer (who I must say, turned in some amazing numbers, and is ttthhhiiiss close to being team orange)
dizzyr

And may I just say that you guys are AWESOME! I thought it might take us until friday to turn true-blue.

But nope.

not this team.

Congratulations to:
Team National Treasure November

lisah0711 - I love your energy! You know, I've toyed with the idea of joining a running group, but I'm not that strong of a runner so I've always sort of talked myself out of the idea.

dizzyr - man, reading your updates about going the pool are almost enough to make me want to try swimming again.

figment1990 - congratulations for 'eeking' out time to run. It can be hard to do some days, and you're getting it done!

Hope you all have a lovely Thursday.

Any weekend plans??

Weekend plans...so my school is putting on a musical production of The Wizard of Oz in December. We have a musical every December and every May, a very good theatre, music, dance and art program including a costume shop where they make all the costumes! Our students work very hard. Anyway, I do hair and makeup for the musicals. My DS9 was chosen to be a munchkin in the show! So his first rehearsal is this Saturday from 11-1. Then, my DMIL and DFIL are coming over and we will spend the day with them and probably go out to dinner. Sunday I plan to sleep in and go food shopping.

And exercise of course! ;)

329/1500
That's swimming, Y class and walking. Which I am POed because this morning I slipped and fell on my walk. I kept going but am feeling a little "jarred" now. I will wear sneakers to work so I can keep my ankle snug and I will definitely be popping some anti inflammatory before I leave! Already have neosporin and a bandage on my knee. Makes me feel so old!!!! :rotfl:

Tomorrow is our anniversary but we can't decide if we're going to do anything special or not! We'd talked about a quick over night trip to the coast, but I'm kind of leaning toward pizza and Redbox! I think that would make DH happy, too. Not nearly as exciting, though! Speaking of dinner, I need to do some prepping before I go to work or we won't eat until bedtime!

Have a super day and weekend if I'm not on again!

Adding 90 minutes some at the gym, some walking and exercising inside. Drizzly today, the Gym was almost empty, except ( lucky me) for the crazy lady in the Ladies only section. So, I changed my treadmill spot to the coed section. I do like to change it up a bit, anyway. I saw the lady fighting cancer, who looks fab, so that was a highlight.

180/900 so far.

Weekend has a favorite Christmas sale that DH and I love to go to each year at a Nursing home run by the Little Sisters of the Poor. Lots of handmade items.

Hmack thanks for correcting my math on the totals. Clearly I wasn't paying enough attention.
I'm sitting at the airport getting ready to head to The Mouse's House. So excited but I need to catch up my totals and make it to blue

Wednesday run 43 min
Thursday 30 min run 45 min elliptical

238/1600
Thanks for hosting :)

Lots of updates to add! Sorry, haven't been checking in this week. DH is off camping with his dad - good bonding time, but leaves me flying solo.

Monday - 60 minutes
Wednesday - 60 minutes
Thursday (today!) - just 20 minutes; I was going to try to fit in a little more, but don't think it's going to happen. But, it's my bday, so I'm taking a bday pass! :rotfl:

140/900
MRS AR - hope you enjoy your visit with the mouse!!!

Well, maybe you all can kick my butt into gear for my weekend plans. I'm supposed to run a local 10 mile race on Sunday. I didn't train perfectly, but I did run 10 miles two Sunday's ago and really only missed one training run this week due to this stupid cold. But this cold is driving me nuts and it's not going to be warm (ie, below 40!) and I really am torn. I want to do the race. But I don't want to be miserable during it either. I went and picked up my race packet and swag today- gloves, socks, gel packs, shirt, and a zippered bag along with coupons and rice and a fuel of some sort. Major props to this race! It's a north face shirt! Anyhow- I'll probably do the race. I'm too stubborn not to. I'm sure I'll regret that at some point during and probably immediately after but then I'll forget and be happy and sign up for another!

Otherwise, DS, DH and I are going to see big hero 6 on Saturday. :)

262/1400

Much needed rain here in Tx, so I took the time to do some baking. You know, exercised my culinary skills.....

Nice run this evening. I'm just gonna say it - it's amazing what a little GI discomfort can do for your pace! I definately hurried home :rotfl2:

Visitors this weekend - should be fun

Take care y'all

:-)cheer2::cheer2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Slightlyocd! :cheer2::cheer2:)

Well, maybe you all can kick my butt into gear for my weekend plans. I'm supposed to run a local 10 mile race on Sunday. I didn't train perfectly, but I did run 10 miles two Sunday's ago and really only missed one training run this week due to this stupid cold. But this cold is driving me nuts and it's not going to be warm (ie, below 40!) and I really am torn. I want to do the race. But I don't want to be miserable during it either. I went and picked up my race packet and swag today- gloves, socks, gel packs, shirt, and a zippered bag along with coupons and rice and a fuel of some sort. Major props to this race! It's a north face shirt! Anyhow- I'll probably do the race. I'm too stubborn not to. I'm sure I'll regret that at some point during and probably immediately after but then I'll forget and be happy and sign up for another!

Otherwise, DS, DH and I are going to see big hero 6 on Saturday. :)

nearly didn't post any minutes today because I'm a little embarrased about my day. But it ended up being, "one of those days". no lunch break and then home, dinner and the college kid wanted to skype.

BUT - I'm a strong believer that every minute counts. Especially towards those team goals. so with that in mind...

13 minutes

151/1000

See you all in the morning!

Birthdays, Anniversaries, trips to the Mouse's House, play productions, 10-mile races, stressed out digestive systems and color changes - it's almost more excitement than this host can handle!! :)

Happy birthday (a day late): SlightlyocdDisneyfan!! May the next year bring you hearty laughter, good friends and free time (at least every now and then) to do whatever makes your heart sing.

Happy Anniversary: glss1/2fll! whether you get a night away for an in-house date night, I hope it's a good one.

Congratulations to the newest true bluers:
Mrs AR
SlightlyocdDisneyfan

Congratulations to our first members of team orange:
bangzoom6877
dizzyr

But do you know what I'm most excited about this morning? We have achieved 100% participation! Which means that everyone is getting out there and doing something good for themselves and that is just plain AWESOME!

My weekend plans include kicking butt so I can keep up with you crazy kids!

Figment1990 - we believe in you! It may not be pretty, but you've got 10-miles of stubborness in you, right? Just race smart and safe, remember to have fun and channel your inner Meet the Robinsons and "Keep Moving Forward"

oh, and don't forget to tell us how it goes! :goodvibes

lisah0711 - I love your energy! You know, I've toyed with the idea of joining a running group, but I'm not that strong of a runner so I've always sort of talked myself out of the idea.

Thanks so much for your kind words! :flower3: I would definitely recommend checking out your local running group. I'm one of the oldest members, heavy and definitely the slowest. ;) But this year I've been able to do so many things I had not done like running in the rain, snow, sleet, heat, wind, dark and everything in between. :umbrella: Everyone is as nice and supportive as they can be and it really does push you outside your comfort zone to where the magic happens.

where-the-magic-happens.jpg

bangzoom6877, good luck with the show this week-end! :cool2:

glss1/2fll, sorry about the fall! :flower3: I know that feeling that we just don't bounce as well as we used to. ;) And happy anniversary to your and your DH! :yay:

Let us know if you find any cool treasures, DisneyBelle99. :thumbsup2

Safe travels and enjoy WDW, MRSAR! :goodvibes

Figment1990, hope you are feeling better and feeling like racing this week-end. :flower3: You definitely have the miles in you and sometimes running in the cold helps relieve congestion.

hmack, sorry for the tough day :hug: and kudos to you for making the most of every minute! :flower3: You are inspiring!

But do you know what I'm most excited about this morning? We have achieved 100% participation! Which means that everyone is getting out there and doing something good for themselves and that is just plain AWESOME!

Wow this is so exciting! :yay: You are to be commended for your inspiring leadership because this is an amazing and rare feat. :cool2:

Yesterday was the "moving mom into her new apartment" workout that I am counting for 90 minutes and bringing my total to:

255/1000

Happy Friday all!

2Txags enjoy your company. Figment hang in there. Don't think I've ever run a race that has that good of perks. Last night we arrived just before fireworks at Epcot hurried over ate at a couple of booths (supper time was when I was flying) then headed over to Magic Kingdom till closing. I actually managed to sleep till 7 so DD was happy with me. Don't know how to count walking time at the expo and the parks. I'll have the 5K and W&D Saturday so hopefully that won't kill my goal for the month with no minutes today. Have a good weekend everyone. :)

30 minutes for me today - mostly yoga which my spirit needed after today.

181/1200 - would like to hit 25% this weekend.

lisah0711 - thank you for the kind words and I love your graphic.

MrsAR - hope you have had an awesome day!

Just finished watching Maleficent, we got it on Red Box. Has anyone seen it yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter