Your Vote - Top 10 DVC Member Perks!

1. Getting to stay in a one-bedroom suite overlooking Downtown Disney for a reasonable price.

2. The look on my brother's face when he can't comprehend how we can go to an "amusement park" every year or so.

3. My brother-in law's asking to use our points rather than stay in his rental unit 30 minutes and two toll booths away. He initially made a big deal about buying it a few years ago.

4. A washer and dryer in the room means a lot fewer clothes to pack.

5. My kids anticipating our eventual demise so that they can get our membership then telling us how great it's going to be. (It's not as bad as it seems. Every parent wants their kids to have a great life.)

1. Annual Pass discount
2. Dining plan with no ticket or rack rate requirement
3. Free valet at DVC resorts
4. Free local calls & 800 # calls
5. Restaurant discounts

Im confused .. isnt item #2 above available to anyone regardless of DVC membership or not?

We're happiest with the AP discount.

We're going to be in NJ in July, and I just ordered the reduced tickets for the Tarzan Show on Broadway. One of our party has never been to NYC, so it's really going to be a fun day in the Big Apple! That was a good savings too!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I like how we get to berate cast members and loudly remind them that we "spent thousands and thousands of dollars to join DVC".

Definately mine - I like how it always works and creates such a sense of goodwill between myself and the CM. Yes, you can do it without being a DVC member, but those extra words are particularly charming.

We don't use the perks. We don't go often enough to use the AP discount (we did use it last year as a fluke). Haven't used the DDP (yet). Forget to use restaurant discounts. We did use the old UPH discounts. Have never pool hopped. Don't go to the member meetings. Don't check out movies from the Community Hall.

But I'm glad others find value - and some of these things are on the "hope they are still there when we want them" list.

One thing we do use is getting our "Vacation Magic" - everyone enjoys the pictures and stories.

DebbieB said:
1. Annual Pass discount
2. Dining plan with no ticket or rack rate requirement
3. Free valet at DVC resorts
4. Free local calls & 800 # calls
5. Restaurant discounts
Im confused .. isnt item #2 above available to anyone regardless of DVC membership or not?
NOPE! It sure isn't.

If you are not a DVC member, you have to pay rack rate for your room (most of the time) AND purchase at least a one-day base park ticket for each person staying in the room.

5. My kids anticipating our eventual demise so that they can get our membership then telling us how great it's going to be. (It's not as bad as it seems. Every parent wants their kids to have a great life.)

:lmao: :lmao:

1. Knowing that we won't be getting 'priced out' of the deluxe type lodging that we have gotten used to.

2. Being able to personalize my car tag towards the DVC ;)

3. Being able to get the DDP (finally)

4. Free valet parking

#10 - Valet Parking

#9 - "Welcome Home!"

#8 - Shopping discounts

#7 - Twice a year vacations!

#6 - Being able to do a load of laundry (in your own room!) and not having to drag so much luggage.

#5 - Having a kitchen to make a real breakfast and lunch in.

#4 - DVD players in room so you're not stuck watching Chrissy your entire vacation.

#3 - the option of a one bedroom so that we can put my daughter to bed early and still watch a movie.

#2 - the ability to afford deluxe accomodations without paying more.

#1 - Annual Passholder Discount

We also do not use the AP, but we love to pool hop.

I have always loved this perk. We feel like we are staying at several resorts and we tend to go to the parks less, thus no need for AP's.

I would also say: space-more than 1 room is in valuable
Kitchen and laundry. We do eat in the room and get a full load of groceries so the kitchen is key.

Option to purchase DDP is our number one favorite perk!

Others-
AP Discount
Valet Parking
DVC means 'we need to go"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter