• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Vote - Top 10 DVC Member Perks!

Martinvols

Mouseketeer
I would like to have a vote of the Top 10 DVC Member perks associated with our membership to make sure that all of us are maximizing the value of our membership. I will start with a couple:

1) Discount of $100 per Annual Pass allowing our family to have 3 vacations on one annual pass --- Summer vacation, Christmas vacation, then, another summer vacation.

2) Staying in Studios and conserving our points. We look at it this way - if we stayed in a 1 BR, we would have to pay cash for the Fri / Sat nights. Whereas, staying in a studio allows us to conserve cash and points, allowing up also to take 2 vacations to Disney every other year. We look at it this way - save the dough on the room and enjoy Disney Dining Plan (splurg on meals).

Thanks and Go Vols!

1. Annual Pass discount
2. Dining plan with no ticket or rack rate requirement
3. Free valet at DVC resorts
4. Free local calls & 800 # calls
5. Restaurant discounts

1. AP Discount
2. AP Discount
3. AP Discount
4. AP Discount
5. AP Discount
6. AP Discount
7. AP Discount
8. AP Discount
9. AP Discount
10. AP Discount

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Flexibility allowed w/banking and borrowing.
Flexibility of trading to other DVC's. Or not :cool2:

1. AP Discount
2. AP Discount
3. AP Discount
4. AP Discount
5. AP Discount
6. AP Discount
7. AP Discount
8. AP Discount
9. AP Discount
10. AP Discount

I think you forgot the AP Discount in that list :banana:

AP discount.
The ability to say "I bought DVC when it was $80 a point (or lower)."

Because we live in Florida, the DDP availability is the most important to us. If they take the gratuities out of DDP (as some are speculating), that would eliminate it as a benefit to us, and we'd go back to DDE.

The AP discount is probably the most beneficial perk to most owners, but for our visitation pattern, the Florida resident seasonal pass ($100 less than the DVC discounted AP) is a much better deal. That may change when DD gets in school.

Valet parking at resorts is not something we use much. As a matter of fact, a couple of weeks ago, we forgot all about it when we dined at Whispering Canyon! We'll probably use that more in the future, though.

Things like studio availability and banking/borrowing, etc are not perks, IMHO. Those are just basic features of DVC ownership, not perks.

1. AP Discount
2. AP Discount
3. AP Discount
4. AP Discount
5. AP Discount
6. AP Discount
7. AP Discount
8. AP Discount
9. AP Discount
10. AP Discount

Yep. Before I scrolled throught the responses I was thinking that anything I listed as #2 would be a very d.....i.....s.....t.....a....n.....t second place! :)

1. AP discount
2. ability to purchase DDP
3. DVC meetings on the Magic -- won a DVC pillow!
4. DVC meetings on the Magic -- like the baseball hat

I like how we get to berate cast members and loudly remind them that we "spent thousands and thousands of dollars to join DVC".

DEFINITELY
1. prepaid vacations to WDW for the rest of my life!
2. flexible program
3. AP discount
4. AP discount
5. AP discount
6. AP discount

To be honest if the first one was all I got for my money, I'd be happy, but those last 5 are icing on the cake!

1. AP Discount
2. AP Discount
3. AP Discount
4. AP Discount
5. AP Discount
6. AP Discount
7. AP Discount
8. AP Discount
9. AP Discount
10. AP Discount

Count me in on this one too:thumbsup2

I like how we get to berate cast members and loudly remind them that we "spent thousands and thousands of dollars to join DVC".

I was going to go with this, but MANY people have availed themselves of this opportunity (substitute "come to WDW" for "join DVC") without having to plunk down the bucks for DVC!! :eek:

I guess this isn't a "perk" as it is how the program is structured, but I just love the felxibility of the whole program...that we can bbok for one night or 20 nights (assuming you have that many points! :rotfl: ) or anything in between. The standard in the timeshare industry is by full week, so I love that we can make our trips whatever/whenever we want. Again, not really a perk, per se.

For actual perks...

AP Discount
DDP availability
Valet parking

I think there is another thread from a few weeks ago discussing what perks we would like to see...

1. Magic Express
2. AP
3. Free Bus, Boat and Monorail Transportation
4. DDP
5. Having a Cig on my balcony. Oooooooopps

We have several perks (tangible and non-tangible).

1) Having a full kitchen: Saves a lot of money on food, provides a sense of normalicy and variety of food without having to constantly eat out (gets old after a while), and the ability to entertain guests (freinds that traveled to WDW at the same time spent quite a bit of time at our place after the parks).

2) Having a living room allows seperation: if someone wants to nap, go to bed early, or wake up early they won't disturb others.

3) More frequent visits to WDW: we will be going this month to Florida for my sister's graduation, so we decided to fit in a stop to WDW because we already have the room! Even if we played outside Disney, we would stay at the resorts because we own it.

4) Free parking everywhere.

5) Less expensive lodging in the long run regardless of stay.

6) Ability to show off to family and friends: we haven't been in our DVC accomidations without inviting someone to join us.

7) Deducting part of the lodging fees from my taxes (interest)! Can't do this when staying at the Poly. ;)

8) I forgot to add EMH! Afore mentioned were using their Sheraton timeshare at Vistana, and had to leave MK after the fireworks...poor friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter