Your Thoughts On This Situation...

I guess I would do it but you can bet the NEXT time they go out and ask the question of if you are home....while they are out having dinner...I would probably say no if I didn't want to be the designated driver.

Quite rude that she didn't ask FIRST after asking if you guys were home...she could have asked "Are you guys home tonight?" "yes" "Can you be our DD?"

I'd call the restaurant, speak to the manager and ask him to call a cab for your friends. I would never inconvenience my friends that way and would call a cab for myself if I were incapable of driving.

Our friends would never do that to us. And we wouldn't do that to our friends. Maybe we're all old enough to realize when we've had too much and call our own cabs.

However, if someone texted me a message like that after they'd been out drinking, I'd probably text them back the number of a local cab company. I'm not responsible for their behavior.

I'd text back: Sorry, we're snockered too. :woohoo:

Too funny. I wish I could think of snappy replies like this on the fly and not two hours later.

However, the friends probably know that AKLMegs is expecting a little one, and so she would most likely be sober.

It is a pretty nervey thing to do. But I wouldn't mind if it was a good friend. Now if it happened often, I'd give her the number to tha taxi co. and tell her to have fun.:lmao:

I would pick them up if they were really good friends and had never done anything like that before.

If they were not good friends or had pulled stunts like that before I would have given them the number for a cab.

My thoughts?

That's what friends are for...for good times, and bad times...I'll be on your side forever more....

And so on. For real. I'd go pick my friends up, thrilled they at least were "responsible" enough to call. I'd also tease them mercilessly about it for years (all in good fun) and the kind of friends I have would return the favor if I needed them.

:thumbsup2

I can't believe so many people would be put out like this just to help a friend. :confused3

My thoughts?

That's what friends are for...for good times, and bad times...I'll be on your side forever more....

And so on. For real. I'd go pick my friends up, thrilled they at least were "responsible" enough to call. I'd also tease them mercilessly about it for years (all in good fun) and the kind of friends I have would return the favor if I needed them.

Exactly!

Would have no problem picking up my friends - and we would chuckle over it for a while.

Heck - if you don't have friends you can call while intoxicated, or in jail, or from the ER . . . you need BETTER friends!

I think I would have been a little miffed, too, but I would have gone to pick them up. They would owe me one, for sure. It would have been nice if they had asked if you wouldn't mind bringing them home before they got trashed, but it is a good thing they didn't go out on the roads.

Wow, that's pretty nervy of your friends. I would be irritated at them too, but like you I would go and get them because I would feel horrible if I didn't and then they got into an accident. But I would definitely tell them not to do that again. Very irresponsible of them I think. Maybe she should have asked you, in the first text when she asked if you were home, if you minded coming to get them if they ordered another drink.

My thoughts?

I feel the same way. I probably would have whined a little on the way but I would be teasing the heck out of them for a long time :rotfl2: I never would think twice about picking them up though. Better that when any alternative IMO. I lost a cousin to a drunk driver and wish that driver had called before starting the car.

I would have obliged this once, but after that they were OTO. It's not like they were thinking about our friendship while they were drinking away:confused3. Pregnant or not, they still could have invited her and her husband to have one too:drinking1.

I'm just curious how someone else would feel in this situation...

A friend of yours is out to dinner with her DH. She texts you a photo of a big margarita that she (and her husband) is drinking at a very local Mexican restaurant.

Then she says, "Are you and DH home tonight?" You say, "Yes."

About an hour later, she texts you and says, "Since you were home, we ordered two more rounds and probably shouldn't drive home. Can you come and get us?" (Two miles away.)

I'm off to go pick them up because I'd hate to think of them hurting someone, but I am sort of ticked. I'd NEVER do something so irresponsible (get drunk while out somewhere with no real DD) on the assumption that someone would come and get me.

How about, BE RESPONSIBLE?

I'm glad you acted responsibly and went to get them. Your friend owes you.

I'm sure they planned this in advance, knowing you wouldn't be drinking....hello, like 8-ish months pregnant!

I would've been seriously mad, because around the end of my pregnancy, I was exhausted and couldn't stay up past 8pm. I'm also extremely grumpy when I'm tired ( pregnant or not!) and they would've received an earful from me, the entire ride home. I would have told them to call a cab. I think that's a pretty crappy thing to do to a pregnant woman. Make sure you call them if you go into labor at home for a ride, and make double sure your water breaks in their car. :rotfl:

Also, I only have one friend who has enough dirt on me to call me like that, and I don't think she would be even rude enough to make a call like that.

Wow, that's pretty nervy of your friends. I would be irritated at them too, but like you I would go and get them because I would feel horrible if I didn't and then they got into an accident. But I would definitely tell them not to do that again. Very irresponsible of them I think. Maybe she should have asked you, in the first text when she asked if you were home, if you minded coming to get them if they ordered another drink.

I agree. Saying you are home when they ask is not agreeing to anything. What if you had left?

My thoughts?

MTE. I wouldn't have thought twice about it, and I know that they would do the same for me in return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter