Your thoughts on castaway cay...

trezoc

Mouseketeer
Does cruising have the same "peak" season as the Disney parks.Are the ships normally at capacity?? Since Disney Dream is larger....will that make Castaway cay more crowded?? I sound like a three year old firing out questions...LOL.Thanks DIS vets....any thoughts?

Does cruising have the same "peak" season as the Disney parks.Are the ships normally at capacity?? Since Disney Dream is larger....will that make Castaway cay more crowded?? I sound like a three year old firing out questions...LOL.Thanks DIS vets....any thoughts?

Price wise yes, peak season higher prices.

But cruise ships with DCL generally sail full so CC is always the same.

The Dream will have more people on it so CC will be more busy but they are extending the facility.

We've been there three times. Once, we heard the ship was only at 80% occupancy. The other times, the ship was full. We didn't notice the difference on CC!!! It's so big and there's so much to do that people were spread out.

We went in May with a full ship. Did not notice over-crowding on CC and loved, it x 100000! Very relaxing.

DCL does a good job of spreading people out among various activities. Their goal is to have every cruise sail at capacity. I've been on several "full" cruises, and it's really not an issue. It's FAR different than the parks on holidays when you basically can't move!

Yes, there will be more guests on Castaway when the Dream launches, but as above, they are expanding the facilities to handle the increased numbers. Currently less than 10% of the island is developed, so there is plenty of room to expand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter