Your State/Province slogan

The subject seems to be more tourism board slogans. The target audience is rarely going to see it for obvious reasons. For the past few years Travel Nevada has used Cole Porter’s “Don’t Fence Me In” as performed by The Killers and I’ve seen them broadcast in Northern California. Their commercials over the years have shown gambling, but they seem to be focused on outdoor activities.

travelnevada-share.jpg
It’s drifted toward tourism slogans but the title is “Your State/Province Slogan” so I answered accordingly. I saw the “A State Apart” when I looked it up later out of curiosity and “Home Means Nevada” was mentioned. That’s on some license plates. Have never seen the Travel Nevada ads which I guess would make sense since I’m in NV and they don’t need me to travel here.

It’s drifted toward tourism slogans but the title is “Your State/Province Slogan” so I answered accordingly. I saw the “A State Apart” when I looked it up later out of curiosity and “Home Means Nevada” was mentioned. That’s on some license plates. Have never seen the Travel Nevada ads which I guess would make sense since I’m in NV and they don’t need me to travel here.

I didn’t know exactly what to make of it, since the original post started with two tourism board slogans. Of course a state motto may not necessarily serve the same purpose as a tourism slogan.

Having seen various Travel Nevada ads for several years, they are distinctly separate from anything centered around Vegas tourism. They have stuff like hiking, skiing, etc. I’d think they might even work for people living around Vegas whose idea of tourism might be going to Disneyland rather than Tahoe. But it would seem odd to air those ads anyways.

Saskatchewan's license plates say, "Land of the Living Skies," but we also often unofficially say, "See Saskatchewan standing on a chair." (Saskatchewan is super flat in a lot of areas, as in, you can see curvature of the earth.) As a result, we also subscribe to the unofficial line of, "Saskatchewan...where you can watch your dog run away from home for three days."

The official motto is Multis e gentibus vires: "from many peoples, strength."

I know Lowell, but I had to look up the Southern Cross disaster. How sad! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Southern_Cross_(1886)

So I guess, had life been different, you may have been with us here in MA!

Yes. We did visit my Aunt (my father's only sister, she married a uSA Marine then returned with him to live in Massachusetts) Great Aunt, and their families (one family lives in Connecticut) over the years. :sunny:

Last edited:

I like it when thread topics morph. :teeth:

The official one is "Eureka!"

The Golden State is more of a nickname.

I had no idea what if any tourism slogans California used, but it's easy enough to look up. The one that Visit California uses is "dream big" - ironically enough in all lowercase.

And in general, who pays for these things? I think some states like Nevada have a government tourism office. But the one I found for California is a private nonprofit.

The ads run a LOT here in Missouri.

The ones with Tim Allen doing the voiceover? They show up a lot on nationally/regionally broadcast cable channels. I'm guessing they get discounts for big ad buys.

I like it when thread topics morph. :teeth:

The ones with Tim Allen doing the voiceover? They show up a lot on nationally/regionally broadcast cable channels. I'm guessing they get discounts for big ad buys.

The campaign has won awards multiple years. Lots of beautiful wilderness here to work with.

If the topic is supposed to be license plate motto -- The Great Lakes State.

If we're talking official motto of the state -- "If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you."

As big as you think just makes it sound like the obstacle that separates Denver & KC. Land of Ahhhs is definitely better.

Missouri - The Show Me State, now Where The Rivers Run.
Ok, you can't blame all of that on Kansas! There's about 3 boring hours of driving in Colorado before Denver, lol!

I'm not a native Kansan, but won't tell you my thoughts about Kansas, cause I still have to live here!!

Ok, you can't blame all of that on Kansas! There's about 3 boring hours of driving in Colorado before Denver, lol!

I'm not a native Kansan, but won't tell you my thoughts about Kansas, cause I still have to live here!!

Oh trust me, I know that all too well.

“Eastern Colorado - just like Kansas, but the road gets worse” LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter