Your DVC grocery list?

Another - I don't really cook on vacation -. We eat breakfast in each day and have cold drinks and snacks and an adult beverage in the evening
When we go to WDW we order
Fruit, juice, coffee, soda, case(s) of water, beer wine, breakfast foods, cheese and crackers, chips and salsa and other snacks

When we go to Vero Beach in an Ocean View Inn room with a kitchenette we grocery shop and add a few more things. We stop at Hale's Orchards and get fresh squeezed OJ and Grapefruit juice - the best.
I add English Muffins, Cold Cuts and rolls and chips for lunch.
I order things like individual packets of mustard, mayo, salt and pepper etc from Minimus.biz and bring that as well.

Last edited:
The times that I have ordered groceries I typically order breakfast foods (cereal, bagels, yogurt), snacks (chips, bread and lunch meat) and water, juice and milk (for the cereal). I prefer to dine out while on vacation but it's always nice to have a few things in your room just in case.

We don't do what I consider "real" cooking, just breakfast, spaghetti, sandwiches and hot dog rolls. We just get a little tired of eating out every meal. This year we ordered pizza from Flippers, as recommended by many on this Board. It was really good!
I don't consider that stuff real cooking either. Well maybe the spaghetti, but just because we don't eat jarred sauce.

We don't order pizza, but that is because I have a food allergy and pizza is really difficult to make and keep it safe for me.

I don't consider that stuff real cooking either. Well maybe the spaghetti, but just because we don't eat jarred sauce.

We don't order pizza, but that is because I have a food allergy and pizza is really difficult to make and keep it safe for me.

It's funny you said that about spaghetti. When we first joined DVC and I was trying to plan a few meals, naturally spaghetti was a thought. In Ohio, there is a local company that makes sauce called Mid's. It is the only jarred sauce I will use, if I don't have any homemade sauce in the freezer. I tried to think of a way to bring the sauce with me, DH (who is far less particular) thought I was crazy. We arrived at the Publix from the airport, and what do I find, Mid's sauce. It was a big surprise.

Since we usually only sleep in Studios its mostly snacks and drinks that we purchase for the room.

We use studios and we only eat light breaksfasts "in" and I usually bring our coffee with us so we typically order chocolate milk, frozen waffles, creamer, bagels, sm. margarine, syrup, strawberries and / or blueberries (depends on current local seasonal pricing - I WILL NOT pay $5 for a LB. of berries - nor would I pay that at home either), cream cheese, Diet Coke (I keep Captain Morgan in our Owners Locker), at least 1 case of BEER, maybe some Gatorade, maybe a bottle of wine maybe some pop tarts (sometimes after a late night if we head out for a morning EMH we might not feel like even messing with breakfast or getting up a minute too early so we bring pop tarts with us to eat on the go). We used to order a case or 2 of bottled water but lately have just been using the refillable Brita water bottles. That's pretty much my standard order with Garden Grocer.

Hey Guys, I like all the shopping lists. Has given me some good ideas for our trip coming up starting on Friday! We always have a full kitchen and cook at least 4-5 dinners per trip to save on costs and to save on out saniety! (2 kids- ages 2 1/2 & 6 mos. lol)

Anyway, anyone have any good sugesstions on local Centeral FL beer while I'm down there this trip? Last trip I tried Sweetwater (which is out of Atlanta, GA) and Orange Blossom Pilsner and their Toasted Coconut Poter out of Orlando (which were both great- just not for a 90 degree day! Thanks in advance!

We also don't cook - except breakfast - and we also will pack some stuff, then - depending on how much we have to order - either order from Garden Grocer or just pick it up at the Screen Door.

Pack:
Salt and Pepper
Ground coffee
Coffee filters
Sugar
Peanut Butter
Jam
Microwave popcorn (we almost never use it, but we take it just in case we get munchies at night)
Granola bars (bring into the parks)
Laundry detergent
Dryer Sheets

Buy:
Bread (it squishes if you pack it :))
Cereal (takes up too much room in a suitcase
Eggs
Bottled water (heavy and takes up room)
Coke
Bourbon
Milk
Half and Half
Butter
Orange Juice
Cheese

Sometimes the peanut butter and jam goes on the shopping list, sometimes I bring it down.

If I'm ordering from Garden Grocer I'll add some bananas and grapes.

I'm not a fan of most of Disney's food, but we make one or two ADR's for our trips.

We normally stay in a 1BR with a kitchen so we do a lot of cooking. I always plan some kind of menu and go from there. We eat breakfast in our room. It's usually something like breakfast tacos, breakfast sandwiches (croissant, egg, ham and cheese), or homemade egg mcmuffins. We find that eating a bigger breakfast keeps us full for longer so we can eat lunch around 2. We also tend to cook some dinners in our room like hamburgers, quesadillas, fettucine alfredo, spaghetti. So the only thing I might be able to add to other's list is maybe bagged salad, picante sauce, and pre-cooked bacon. Thankfully our daughter lives in Orlando so if we have any groceries left over, they don't go to waste.

I have 2 teenage boys and am bring my nephew, I can not afford to feed 3 teenagers at Disney prices. We in breakfast and dinner in the room, lunch and snacks in the parks. I go for easy.

Bread, deli meat, cheese, mayo, mustard, eggs, bacon, butter, milk, 1/2 & 1/2, waffles, syrup, cereal, grapes, oranges, bottled water, sugar, coffee filters.

I used to always bring my own coffee, but Community Coffee is now sold at Publix, so I added it to my list.

Now that I look at, it doesn't seem like that much, but I get mass quantities to feed the boys.

It's interesting to see all the different lists and styles of fellow DVC members. Thanks for sharing everyone.

We bring (non refridgerable items from home in the car and rest purchased at Publix):
Wine
Water
Coke
Milk
Coffee grounds and filters
Chips
Breakfast bars
Granola bars
Beef jerky
String cheese
Oatmeal
Nuts
Bagels
Microwave popcorn
Detergent and fabric sheets
Pump hand soap
Chocolate bars
Sometimes ice cream
Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly
Sometime lunch meat

It sounds like a lot, but we eat almost all breakfasts in the room (1 bdrm) and we are in the room every afternoon for snacks and wine. We never finish the ice cream or milk, but publix prices are so much cheaper than buying single serve at Disney that it's worth it. I like having a variety of options.

The past few trips we've ordered a box through Amazon Panty. We don't cook on vacation and buy enough to fill only one box.

Bottled water
Bottled unsweet tea
Juice
Diet Coke
Pop Tarts for a quick breakfast or snack for the kids
Applesauce or mandarin oranges
Licorice
Laundry detergent

A bit off tangent but I have a list of items that are NOT on the grocery list but that I take from home. There are certain items that I do not want to purchase at the store upon arrival because the quantity is so large that I end up throwing it away when we check out. For example:

salt
pepper
sugar
coffee filters
Truvia sugar packets
tea bags
mini bottle of hot sauce
mustard and mayo packets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter