Your best DVC vacation and Why?

3 weeks in a beach cottage at vero, got to drive up and see a space shuttle lanch. Lots of family, weather was perfect, the leondids metor shower was awesome at vero...nice trip with a boat load of family :)

We have been members since 2007 and have enjoyed so many trips with family and friends but I have to say our best trip was Dec 2007. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and we took our kids and grandchildren. 5 nights at BWV each in our own 1 BR Preferred View(I told them not to get used to that). I love Christmas so all the decorations were just beautiful. Then we took a 3 night Disney Cruise. We had such a wonderful time and so many beautiful memories. I am sure there are many more to come. We will be heading down in October for our first Food and Wine trip with friends. :woohoo:

DD High School Graduation - Had 8 adults, 2 teens, and 1 pre-teen.
Got a GV at OKW. Great family get together.

Thanksgiving with family - Had eight people in a one bedroom for dinner at OKW. Everyone came over for the day, went swimming and/or to DTD by boat, and watched the football games. DW prepared the turkey and dressing in the room and every else brought the sides.

Every year since '93 between Thankgiving and Christmas for DW birthday. Great get away from the Christmas shopping, all the other holiday items, and we can enjoy the holidays ourselves.

Anniversays - 15, 20, & 25 on DCL before, after, or both at DVC VB, OKW, AKL, or BWV.

4th of July at epcot with friends and staying at AKV was awesome. But, my favorite trip was food and wine last October with a large group of friends. We all stayed at AKV, we loved weather in the fall, F&W was so much fun, jiko for one of my favorite dinners ever. I think it was the most fun because we were hosting friends at our DVC home.

I've enjoyed them all, but probably the most magical was my first stay at the VGC for F&W in 2010. I'm a So Cal local so buying VGC was an absolute folly. Obviously when I go to WDW I stay on property, but living so close to DLR, the number of times I'd stayed even close to property could be counted on my fingers, possibly one hand.

So imagine my excitement about my first VGC stay. Not only was it my first stay at this DVC resort, but it was also for a weekend where I was attending the Napa Rose cooking school and a Winemaker Dinner with John Lasseter. When we checked in, they had placed us in a first floor pool view room. I hadn't made any requests, so I reluctantly said OK. But my partner pushed and asked if there were any park view rooms. The CM went back and worked that Disney magic to get us a Park view studio on the 6th floor, it was one of the best possible views!

They were still testing WoC and every night I stayed up watching the testing. I even got to see the show a few times in it's entirety. I really enjoyed my F&W experiences but the rush of that view, the testing and the magic of going to sleep with the Mickey wheel spinning outside my window was just too much.

I've stayed several times since with a theme park view, but none have been as exciting as that first time. It was also my first time in a studio. I thought I would hate it, but when you're busy enough, you don't notice the loss of the jacuzzi tob!

It's been over a year since I've stayed at the VGC, and I can't wait to be back at the end of Sept. However I hope to make a day trip out there sooner because I NEED a Disney fix!

At OKW with my parents, DH, and my son this past Jan. First time staying here - We had a 2 bedroom and it had just been remodeled. We were right on the water. My parents say not counting their 50 anniversary cruise around the Hawaiian islands - which was their life long dream - it was their best trip ever because they were with their grandson. My parents have been to Disney at least 15 times over the years and have traveled all around the US.

Our first DVC stay this past June. We stayed at BLT in a 2 bedroom with a great view.

We were picked for family of the day at Magic Kingdom :cool1: and THEN my husband and 2 girls were picked for family of the day at EPCOT :cheer2: and my girls got to be honorary princesses and be the first to walk through the castle to Cinderella's breakfast. princess: Truly and AWESOME week! :banana:

Being members for almost 12 years, we have had many amazing DVC vacations as the children have grown.
I have actually 2 favourite ones above the others so far - our first ever as DVC members when the kids were young and we were so excited to stay at all the 'posh' DVC resorts - we did 4 nights at BCV in a studio, 4 nights in VWL in a studio, then finished it off at OKW in a 1 bedroom for 4 nights - now every year the kids only want to stay at OKW, we fell in love with it way back then.
So my next favourite is also at OKW, but just this past December - after an entire year of planning, there were 19 of us divided up at two 2 bedrooms and a studio for Christmas. We all met in our villa for Christmas Eve dinner - my DSIS and I each made a turkey and all the fixings, then we put it all together buffet style and ate as an entire family - we don't even do that at home!!! It was wonderful. We also all posed for a huge family photo in front of the tree at the WL lobby, our favourite place to visit, for my Dad's birthday dinner. Great memories that won't be soon forgotten. :cloud9:

June 2004 and June 2010

June 2004
We hosted our 1st family reunion (13) and were fortunate to have an OKW GV. My family from France came, along with others from New York, Tennessee and Florida. I know many DVC'rs are against booking a GV because too often people cancel but for us that's never the case. We really enjoy being together, sharing kitchen duty, getting back in touch with each other, talking about our children, it's a wonderful time. That year we did an Illumination cruise, and though we did spend time doing our own thing, the many, many times we spent all together in and out of the parks were fantastic. We collected everyones digital photos and made albums for each family, and each time I look at it, I get a big smile on my face, even 7 years later! We've had several since then, but the 1st stands out as the best.

June 2011

The last 2 -3 years have been very hard for both my son and I, as I'm sure for everyone else, pay cuts, the economy, family issues, we had it all. THis year my son was graduating middle school and he had worked very hard so I planned early to bring him and 5 of his best friends (all 14 yearls old) to Disney. I coordinated with the parents early (January), to get their approval, make the ADR's, buy the tickets, all was going as planned. Everyone was so excited as the days counted down. Disaster strikes! 12 Days before the trip my son broke his nose messing around with his friends in the pool! All that planning, what to do, cancel at the last minute, could not re-schedule, shuld we have them go without him (Well, He said that wasn't happening)....

DS had reconstructive surgery, and we decided to wait and see how he felt. Saw the surgeon and the only limitation was water and roller coasters. So cancel the water park day and off we all went, lucky 13, in a GV, 2br & a studio. At 14 we gave them a bit of freedom in the parks, (DS) is a pro at DVC and Disney transportation, so we felt comfortable letting them go by themselves. They joined us for meals, and my word, feeding (6) 14 year olds is an adventure! They got along great and were really well behaved for a big group of teenagers. What a fabulous time we had! Next year they are all going to different high schools, so this will be a special time they got to share together!

That was a great event! We wish they would have another!

HH Extended Family Golf and Beach Blowout 6/2005
BCV MH Homecoming 5/2004
DCL 7-Day Eastern 1/2003
BWV 1/2002
DCL Cruise 4 day 9/1999
DVC Members 12/98 BWV
First married trip to WDW- Dixie Landings 8/98

2006 - Flew down from the Windy City and stayed at the Yacht Club. When we got on the plane grandson #1 opens the sliding window excitedly for the view only to see his view was blocked by the plane's engine....he's not happy. We checked in at the hotel and as we're walking down to the pool he says "Hey Papa, real bad job with the plane tickets but good job with the hotel". I still laugh out loud when recalling that comment.

Same trip grandaughters #1 and #2 are with and they love dolphins. Bonus Baby arrived early that year so we all went to swim with the dolphins at Sea World one day. As we're hanging by the beach I hear #2 tell #1 that "This is a dream come true". I almost cried when she said that.

A lot of great times on that journey. For whatever reason everything was clicking and thus far, though we have had many a fine vacation, it was the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter