Your best DVC vacation and Why?

Great question!

My favorite DVC vacation was this:

4 nights at BCV

It was our first time staying there and we loved the resort. We could hear the sound of the British Invasion from our balcony. And it was around 12/18 and we were able to watch the practice fireworks for NYE and Illuminations from the balcony every evening.:goodvibes

4 nights at VWL
WL around the Christmas season is magical. It is our home, so that always makes it special.:santa:

4 nights on the Disney Wonder

We finished up this vacation with a Christmas cruise. Waking up on Christmas day on a Disney cruise was wonderful.:santa:

I am reflecting on our years of DVC vacations, and I honestly cannot think of our best one! We have been blessed with so many wonderful Disney vacations and memories! The Beach Club has always been "our" place so any stay there has been extra special. :goodvibes

One of my best memories was drinking champagne on the observation deck of the CR watching wishes ! magical! Making loads of new memories these days with DD6 and DS4 It keeps getting better and better!

Ours was this last Oct. when we spent 6 nights with our kids and grandkids at BLT in a Grand Villa. It took 3 years of planning and sync'ing schedules to pull this off and it was well worth it. We are already in the planning stages of another...smjj

Every trip has been wonderful in one way or another, but our first DVC stay was the most magical. We were chosen to be grand marshals at a MK parade and just being able to stay on Disney property. Did not mater what resort.

Just remembered another one! I was picked out of the audience to dress up as Beast for the story time with Belle show in MK ! DD was a tea cup and kept telling everyone ' That's my Daddy' :grouphug:

Well probably not the best question for me to answer since we have only had 2 DVC trips so far in our one year of ownership. We have another planned for Thanksgiving.

Our first trip last year was at the VGC and it was simply amazing. The combination of our first DVC stay with such an amazing resort made for an unforgettable experience.

We are staying at BWV and bringing guests with us this Thanksgiving. We have experienced the BW with the holiday decorations before and can't wait to do it as DVC members.

Once we wanted to rent the pontoon boat for Illuminations, and coordinated with another family from these forums to share the boat and expenses. People from both families got up early to phone in when the reservation window opened. I taught my wife how to redial, and she was the one that got through to make the reservation.

When we arrived at the dock we got to see a night-time Shuttle launch!

Awesome!:banana:

After 10 years of membership (it will be 11 years in October) and many many wonderful DVC memories I'd have to say that my abosolute best ever vacation was in February when my entire family joined us to celebrate my
40th birthday. I was able to spend the week with my husband in a studio at BWV, my mom & her boy friend had a studio, my brother and his girlfriend had a studio, and my cousin and his wife and kids also had a studio (all at BWV). It was just perfect, being able to share my favorite vacation spot with my favorite people :hug:

Christmas 2010 in a SSR GV with our family. It was so nice to splurge on the people we love! Hope to have many more!!

My personal favorite was the time that my daughter and granddaughter went with us. So far, that has been only one time. I am hoping for more times at WDW with my granddaughter.

December 2001 @ BWV with my mom. It was shortly after 9/11 and we were a little nervous flying. The National Guard with machine guns in the airport didn't help. But once we got there it was great. The weather was perfect - low 80's all week. Crowds were very low. It was the celebration of Walt Disney's 100th birthday and there were alot of celebrities around. We saw a taping of Millionaire at MGM with Regis and Olympic heroes, plus we saw him and Kelly at the parade taping. Saw Marie Osmond at Epcot at a doll show. Saw Gilbert Gottfried at AK.

My second one was May 2005 at OKW. My Mom and I went for Mother's Day. It turned out to be our last trip, she passed away the following September. The weather was perfect and we got a nice room in building 37 with a great water and golf course view.

These are fun to read.

I have two. Our first was in October 2001. It was a full family trip with my mom, dad, wife, sister, bnl, niece and nephew. It was nice because my sis and family live in AK so we don't see them much.

A great family trip.

My 2nd was December 2010. We actually had to rent points because we didn't have enough. Our first stay at AKV Jambo. We loved it. We prefer the resort feel so being in the main hotel was great. Our dd loved the animals and I enjoyed it being the first trip with just the wife and dd. Usually there's more people present. Holiday time at Disney didn't hurt either. Looking forward to another December trip in 2012.

This October should be good, too. Extended family and friends for food and wine. We have a 2br and 2 studios at BWV and friends staying at the campground.

We've had MANY wonderful DVC trips since 1995 but these two were the most memorable:

Tokyo Disney: We spent three days there as the beginning of a longer trip in Japan. The unique Disney Sea park and the Miracosta Hotel are so beautiful! The Japanese people were lovely, helpful and excited to see an American family (even though few spoke English). It was total hoot to hear the Country Bears sing in Japanese!

Last year's WBTA DCL cruise (one fare on DVC points): Just my husband and I had a blast on this 14 day cruise and met some wonderful people. The trip was a third Europe, a third sea days and a third Caribbean--so interesting, so relaxing and so much fun!

Hope to make more memories this fall with a double dose of Disney--three days at the Disneyland Hotel in September and a 4 day DCL Dream cruise in November. Can't wait...

Christmas Week 2007

We spent Dec. 20-26 in AKV Jambo House. DVC was BRAND NEW to AKL. We did the final night of MVMCP.

We had a room directly over the lobby & on Xmas Eve we got all dressed up in our matching Mickey holiday outfits to go to dinner at 1900 PF. As we stepped out of our room, we looked down into the lobby & saw Mickey & Minnie dressed in their holiday outfits standing next to the Xmas tree! We got wonderful family pictures taken with them in front of the tree.

Santa was there as well! :santa:

My best DVC vacation was November of 2008. My whole family was there. My Parents, sister and her kids, along with my kids and husband made for a wonderful trip. We stayed at the Boardwalk, which is one of my home resorts.
:yay:

We stayed at BCV in Feb 2005. I managed to get my mom to come and all of my siblings and their families. We hadn't been together on vacation since my dad had passed 5 years earlier. We had a great room (the one with the big balcony) and warm weather the whole week. We had so much fun.

Within 3 months my mom passed unexpectedly at age 63. Everyone's last memories of her are at Disney having fun with her kids and grandkids. I'll never forget a minute of that vacation.

Three years ago we celebrated my 50th birthday at Boardwalk. Last year we celebrated my grand-daughter's (#3) first birthday there. Those were great but my greatest memories are those to come. Have a Magical Day

Dh and I both had a blast celebrating my 40th birthday. Disney was celebrating birthdays that year. It was really cool to have people constantly wishing me a happy birthday! We also flew, and had a bw view room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter