You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

I'm really enjoying this review, and LOLed at you taking one for the team with the cronut! I had the veggie quiche at lunch in June and can testify to its deliciousness, not to rub it in :)

So glad to see you enjoyed breakfast! We have an 8:40 ADR on our trip in November. I would've liked 8:15 ish but hey I'll take it.

I keep hearing great things about the open faced sandwich but I gotta say now I might have to go with the croque madame. Although something in me wants to dry the cronut.. everything looks delicious. ;)

Breakfast looks very good. I contemplated waiting for breakfast ADRs for our trip but decided to just go with dinner at BoG. I have never had a pre opening ADR for MK but have for AK and we loved it. The empty park is great especially for pictures.

Great review of the BOG breakfast. I am on the fence with trying this one as we really love lunch there. However a preopening ADR does sound like a dream when you think of the photo ops.

Yes, I was able to get an 8:15 a.m. ADR for my next trip so am trying decide whether to keep it or cancel and go to Kona for my beloved Macadamia-Pineapple pancakes instead. What to do, what to do? :scratchin

Loving these extra food reviews! I'm behind, but hoping to catch up soon!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Love the BoG breakfast review. We were supposed to eat there on the Friday of our trip but ended up cancelling it (well prior to that day so no riskof charge!) We wanted more 'freedom' due to the rain hampering our early days. And I gave in to my "kids" pleas not to have to get up quite that early! LOL DS may not be so lucky in March as I really do want to try it!

I totally understand. Early morning breakfasts are not popular with my kids either! ;)

I'm LOVING your trip report!! What lovely pictures of the castle too! I'm sorry Allison didn't like the open face sandwich. We have a pre-opening at BOG and was debating between that and the cronut. I may go with the cronut and steal a bite of my husband's croquet madame!

Yes, she is very picky about her eggs...likes them runny. You might think that they are perfectly fine though. But the cronut is a good option too if you're feeling like a sweet breakfast. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the BoG review and especially love all your pre-park opening pictures. I'd never even knew there were murals inside the castle. Through all the people I'd never noticed.

I almost gasped when you said the cronut was a judgement error, but good to know it wasn't bad just not what you wanted. Totally with ya on that one, I'm not a breakfast eater in general but when I do I'm all about the savory. But thanks for taking one for the dining team and ensuring the rest of us a dining review with 4 separate entrees ; )

Normally I don't have a problem with sweets for breakfast, but I think I had a bad case of coveting my neighbor's breakfast that morning when they started raving about their food. :laughing:

I'm really enjoying this review, and LOLed at you taking one for the team with the cronut! I had the veggie quiche at lunch in June and can testify to its deliciousness, not to rub it in :)

Oh, I didn't know that they also served the quiche for lunch. So you're saying that at lunch I could have my cupcake and eat quiche too?!?! :scratchin Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup2

So glad to see you enjoyed breakfast! We have an 8:40 ADR on our trip in November. I would've liked 8:15 ish but hey I'll take it.

I keep hearing great things about the open faced sandwich but I gotta say now I might have to go with the croque madame. Although something in me wants to dry the cronut.. everything looks delicious. ;)

She is pretty picky about her poached eggs though, likes them on the runny side. So I wouldn't rule out the open-faced sandwich based on her review. But then again, the other choices are good too so you probably won't go wrong here no matter what you end up choosing. :thumbsup2

Breakfast looks very good. I contemplated waiting for breakfast ADRs for our trip but decided to just go with dinner at BoG. I have never had a pre opening ADR for MK but have for AK and we loved it. The empty park is great especially for pictures.

It's probably wise to have made a dinner reservation, as those ADRs are harder to get than breakfast. If you end up changing your mind and going for breakfast instead, you can always cancel your dinner ADR. :thumbsup2

Breakfast or Dinner...which one is the winner? :scratchin

While my family chose to have breakfast at Be our Guest, my nephew and his wife decided that dinner was the better option for them. And since they were on the DeLuxe Dining Plan, I totally agreed with their decision. For the same one dining credit they could get a $19.99 breakfast or a $50 three course dinner, plus this was their first trip to WDW so I thought the full-service BOG dinner experience would be more special.

Okay, so let's begin their review with some photos of the dinner menu...

For his appetizer, my nephew chose the French Onion Soup...

French Onion Soup topped with croutons and Gruyere cheese

His Comments: The French onion soup was amazing!! Everything you would expect, cheesy and delicious.

And his wife chose the Mussels...

Mussels Provencal with White Wine, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Basil, and Butter

Her Comment: The mussels were excellent!!

Then for their entrees, my nephew ordered the Lamb Chops...

Herb-crusted Lamb with Stone-ground Mustard Demi-glace served with Buttered Celery Root and Seasonal Vegetables

His Comments: The lamb was chewy and a little under cooked for how I ordered it, which was medium rare.

As for his wife, for her entree she chose the Shrimp and Scallops...

Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops with Seasonal Vegetables and Mushrooms served in Puff Pastry with a creamy Lobster Sauce

Her Comments: The shrimp and scallops were pillowy and delicious!! The seasonal vegetables were very tasty, with a nice dressing. The puff pastry was flaky and light.

For dessert, my nephew chose the Chocolate Cream Puff...

His Comments: The chocolate cream puff was just a typical run-of-the-mill dessert, nothing special. It would have been better warm.

But his wife made a better choice with my favorite BOG dessert, the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake...

Her Comments: The cupcake was beautiful and one of the best desserts I have ever eaten!! It was moist and melted in my mouth. The frosting decorations were also a hit!

So what do you all think?? Breakfast or dinner...which one is the winner? Or maybe you are partial to lunch?
Or none of the above? ;)

Next up: Our lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

I've done lunch and dinner. My choice is dinner out of the both. I liked lunch but it was little more chaotic of sorts I guess because that was before they started reservations for lunch. I'm a sucker for the grey stuff tho that stuff is good.

My family loves BOG and are hoping they'll still be offering breakfast next year.

Both your meals look and sound delicious and I'm a strawberry cupcake fan too :goodvibes

We have done dinner and lunch and lunch was the winner for hubby and I. I wonder if they changed the soup from a couple of years ago. That was all I had when we ate dinner there and it was basically water with some onions. Your nephews description sounds delicious.

I did breakfast and dinner on the same day (because I'm obviously crazy :bitelip:) and much preferred breakfast.

Dinner at BOG was one of the worst meals of my trips and I'd really struggle to recommend it to anyone paying oop.

But I'd have no hesitation in recommending breakfast especially if you can get a pre-RD ADR (I was in the mood for sweet and thoroughly enjoyed my Cronut!)

I've found BoG to be so hit or miss. The first time I went was for lunch and the food was good, but I think I was so enamored of the place that I was focused on the atmosphere more than anything else.

On my next visit, we got a last minute dinner ressie and had a delicious, really perfect meal. Service was great, we had a late ADR and were not rushed at all, and the food was great.

I revisited last year for dinner again, and had a completely opposite experience. It felt like speed eating, I didn't like what I ordered, and we left feeling pretty underwhelmed with the whole thing. I just booked an early breakfast ADR for our trip which I'm debating if we'll keep. I want to try it, but don't know if we're better to head to Kona for some tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes.

Their dinner looks fantastic! We have only done lunch and dinner and preferred dinner. However, when comparing lunch to other QS lunch options, it comes out ahead.

The cronut looks good but I doubt I would want to pay $20 for that plus a plate full of pastries...way too many sweets (and this is coming from someone who loves sweets).

We have done dinner and lunch and lunch was the winner for hubby and I. I wonder if they changed the soup from a couple of years ago. That was all I had when we ate dinner there and it was basically water with some onions. Your nephews description sounds delicious.

I can totally back up your statement. Dh had the onion soup in Dec 2012 and it WAS watery and flavorless. I'm guessing they've improved the recipe! We ate lunch and dinner at BOG back then and loved them both (with the exception of dh's watery soup, lol).....in one month we will be eating breakfast and lunch at BOG. I can say with certainty that I will have the strawberry cupcake for my dessert!

Hi, just getting to read your trip report and I must say it's very good! I just finished your review on Sanaa and I would have to agree that the food there is not very good. This use to be one of my favorite places to eat at disney but last time I went in Feb this year, it was horrible, I could not even finish my meal. I don't plan on a return visit after such a regrettable meal.

Lunch is the BoG winner for me, but of your bunch I'd have to give it to your nephew but largely just because you left disappointed ; )

I've done lunch and dinner. My choice is dinner out of the both. I liked lunch but it was little more chaotic of sorts I guess because that was before they started reservations for lunch. I'm a sucker for the grey stuff tho that stuff is good.

I did breakfast and dinner on the same day (because I'm obviously crazy :bitelip:) and much preferred breakfast.

Dinner at BOG was one of the worst meals of my trips and I'd really struggle to recommend it to anyone paying oop.

But I'd have no hesitation in recommending breakfast especially if you can get a pre-RD ADR (I was in the mood for sweet and thoroughly enjoyed my Cronut!)

Their dinner looks fantastic! We have only done lunch and dinner and preferred dinner. However, when comparing lunch to other QS lunch options, it comes out ahead.

The cronut looks good but I doubt I would want to pay $20 for that plus a plate full of pastries...way too many sweets (and this is coming from someone who loves sweets).

Lunch is the BoG winner for me, but of your bunch I'd have to give it to your nephew but largely just because you left disappointed ; )

So counting my vote for breakfast, that's 2 votes each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I guess it's a good thing that they offer all three options! :laughing:

I can totally back up your statement. Dh had the onion soup in Dec 2012 and it WAS watery and flavorless. I'm guessing they've improved the recipe! We ate lunch and dinner at BOG back then and loved them both (with the exception of dh's watery soup, lol).....in one month we will be eating breakfast and lunch at BOG. I can say with certainty that I will have the strawberry cupcake for my dessert!

I have also had their French onion soup a couple of times and was not impressed. I much prefer this with beef broth rather than vegetable (like at BOG), as it seems much more flavorful that way. So I too was a little surprised at my nephew's favorable review. Perhaps they have "beefed up" the flavor of the vegetable broth?? I hope so. :thumbsup2

I've found BoG to be so hit or miss. The first time I went was for lunch and the food was good, but I think I was so enamored of the place that I was focused on the atmosphere more than anything else.

On my next visit, we got a last minute dinner ressie and had a delicious, really perfect meal. Service was great, we had a late ADR and were not rushed at all, and the food was great.

I revisited last year for dinner again, and had a completely opposite experience. It felt like speed eating, I didn't like what I ordered, and we left feeling pretty underwhelmed with the whole thing. I just booked an early breakfast ADR for our trip which I'm debating if we'll keep. I want to try it, but don't know if we're better to head to Kona for some tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes.

I'm currently wrestling with the same dilemma for my next trip. I was able to get a pre-park opening breakfast at BOG on my Magic Kingdom morning, but I had really wanted to have my much loved macadamia-pineapple pancakes at Kona. I didn't get to Kona for breakfast on this trip so I'm really missing those pancakes!! ::yes::

I just found this! Another fantastic report.

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! :wave2: Glad you found me. Very happy to have you here! :goodvibes

Just finished your last report! So great. Now going to catch up and join this one in real time:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Thanks so much! And thank you for signing on for another one. :)

Hi, just getting to read your trip report and I must say it's very good! I just finished your review on Sanaa and I would have to agree that the food there is not very good. This use to be one of my favorite places to eat at disney but last time I went in Feb this year, it was horrible, I could not even finish my meal. I don't plan on a return visit after such a regrettable meal.

I'd heard so many great things about Sanaa so I was disappointed that our meal there was pretty much a bust, especially since it was the first meal of our trip. I was hoping that our meal was an exception to the rule but after reading your comments, that is maybe not the case. :worried:

My family loves BOG and are hoping they'll still be offering breakfast next year.

Both your meals look and sound delicious and I'm a strawberry cupcake fan too :goodvibes

I would bet that breakfast is here to stay at Be our Guest and hopefully that the strawberry cupcake will always be available for lunch and dinner. :thumbsup2

What do you mean you don't want the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake? :eek: :faint:

Our lunch on this day was at my favorite Magic Kingdom restaurant...

Let's begin by taking a look at the lunch menu...

While we all looked over the menu, I announced that we WOULD be getting dessert so keep that in mind when ordering the rest of their lunch. Consequently, Allison and Emily decided to save room by ordering this entree to share...

Pilgrims' Feast - Traditional Roast Turkey served with Herb Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans

The girls gave this an average score of 3.5, so somewhere between okay and good.

Andrew made a good choice by ordering the...

New England Pot Roast with Braised Beef in a Cabernet Wine and Mushroom Sauce, served with Mashed Potatoes and Garden Vegetables (carrots, celery, and onion)

He's not really into vegetables but he enjoyed the pot roast and mashed potatoes enough to rate this dish a 4.

I of course went with my usual Liberty Tree Tavern lunch entree...

Colony Salad with Grilled Chicken, Washington Apples, Sweet Pecans, Applewood-smoked Cheddar Cheese, and Craisins Dried Cranberries tossed with Field Greens in a Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette

I love everything about this salad! It is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. As always, it scored a 5 from me and two enthusiastic thumbs up! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Now those of you who have read my previous dining reports know that the other thing that I love about lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern is their Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. For me there is no other dessert on their menu that can compete with the Ooey Gooey. However, my daughters shockingly decided they wanted to try something else, so they ordered and shared the...

Fruit Crisp - Baked Seasonal Fruit (this was peach) topped with crisp Streusel and Vanilla Ice Cream

They both liked this and rated it a 4.

But I was not deterred by my mutinous daughters. With the help of my son I was still able to have my Ooey Gooey Cake and eat it too...

This dessert is a prime example of simplicity at its finest. Rich, buttery vanilla cake + semi-sweet chocolate and toffee pieces + a scoop of vanilla ice cream + caramel and chocolate sauces = SIMPLY DELICIOUS! :thumbsup2 I of course rated this a 5. My son wasn't quite as enamored with the Ooey, Gooey as I, but he gave it a solid 4. So overall an average of 4.5...take that Fruit Crisp! :laughing:

So Liberty Tree Tavern remains my favorite Magic Kingdom restaurant and is on my short list of must-do restaurants at Disney World. I am so very sad that it will still be closed during my next visit to the World. :sad:

Next up: Our Best Ever Dinner at Narcoossee's

Ooh that ooey gooey toffee cake looks amazing. I was disappointed to see that Liberty Tree Tavern is closed for our trip in November, because I want to try that cake SO badly!

Looks pretty good. Another place I've never been. It will be interesting to see if anything has changed since the refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter