You Just Got Married at WDW - What're You Gonna Do Next? LIVE Blog from WDW (p.24)!

OK, you stumped me! I have been wracking my brains trying to get this joke and have come up empty. How embarrassing :crazy: ... care to clue a sister in? :rotfl:

You were all the way on page 4. And trust me you don't write like you should be on page 4. So I bumped you back up to page 1. :goodvibes

You were all the way on page 4. And trust me you don't write like you should be on page 4. So I bumped you back up to page 1. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: :blush:

OK, well I'll just keep asking for recommendations to make sure the thread stays active: What kind of shoes should I wear? How in the heck am I gonna find airfare for less than 400 bucks a ticket? Is it OK to wear our tattered bride & groom ears again just to get free desserts? etc.....

I am a flip-flop and tennis shoe girl. I found the most comfortable flip-flops at JcPenny. They came in purple, pink, and some other bright colors. And they had metallic designs on them. They are so comfortable. I think they are made by Arizona.

Not sure about the airfare. I'm in Va so I'm not flying as far. have you tried priceline or expedia??

I love TEVAS. Have you checked out the Budget board here on the DIS? I have seen several postings with savings codes or sale alerts on higher end sandals. I have become addicted to the Budget Board! I used a 30% off code I found on there to save $84 on a Kohl's order this weekend!!!

Not sure about the airfare. I'm in Va so I'm not flying as far. have you tried priceline or expedia??

Yeah, so far, no dice. Last year we didn't book our Sept trip til the last minute, so when I went to buy airfare at 4 weeks out, there were all these screamin' deals. This year I don't know whether I should risk waiting that long to buy tix, since it sounds like those kinds of deals are a thing of the past and airfare may only go up...

I would milk those bride & groom ears for as long as I could!:lmao: Seriously, when else are you going to get the chance?

I like the way you think! :thumbsup2

I love TEVAS. Have you checked out the Budget board here on the DIS? I have seen several postings with savings codes or sale alerts on higher end sandals. I have become addicted to the Budget Board! I used a 30% off code I found on there to save $84 on a Kohl's order this weekend!!!

Great tip! I haven't been over to the Budget Board in a long time - I'll go check it out.

It's all coming together :goodvibes

Those prices for flights seem extortionate :scared1: Although I did hear that gas prices could fall by around 8% as the US have found they had more than they thought:rotfl: That could be 8% over here though as the government slap huge duty tax on 'petrol' as we call it:thumbsup2

Hope you find some shoes to wear, I'm no help I'm afraid as I tend to wear crocs and sneakers (we call them trainers ;) - maybe I should start a thread on translating English to American :confused3 :lmao:

I think I'm gonna start a pre-trippie soon, although it will be a post pre-trippie as we've pretty much got everything sorted :laughing: I'm watching our DVC countdown widget (on the desk top) everyday, those days and hours soon go :goodvibes

Hope you find some shoes to wear, I'm no help I'm afraid as I tend to wear crocs and sneakers (we call them trainers ;) - maybe I should start a thread on translating English to American

No worries - not only do I copyedit books and articles in British English for a living, I also lived in London during my last year of college (university!). :)

I've always wondered if Americans generally know 'our' words? I guess with some UK TV shows getting shown more you can pick things up.
I hope you enjoyed your time in London ;) Did you get to see any more of the country? That does sound like a cool job, no wonder you have such a way with words!

I *loved* London! After spending my formative years Hoovering up Jane Austen books (and a bazillion crappy ripoffs) I was totally ga-ga for the UK and wanted to live there. So when I got a chance to in college, it was like I'd died and gone to heaven!

I also got to see Surrey, York and Chester (I'm thinking some of those are towns and some are counties!) plus Cornwall and Scotland and Ireland. The things I miss most are 1) Cadbury Creme Eggs year round, and 2) Prawn Cocktail Crisps. Oh MAN do I love those! :lmao:

Do you live in London?

I don't know which is harder - finding good shoes or finding cheap flights! We are also leaving over a weekend and it is way more expensive than leaving middle of the week. Finally, I bit the bullet and just booked a flight. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will find a good deal! :goodvibes

I *loved* London! After spending my formative years Hoovering up Jane Austen books (and a bazillion crappy ripoffs) I was totally ga-ga for the UK and wanted to live there. So when I got a chance to in college, it was like I'd died and gone to heaven!

I also got to see Surrey, York and Chester (I'm thinking some of those are towns and some are counties!) plus Cornwall and Scotland and Ireland. The things I miss most are 1) Cadbury Creme Eggs year round, and 2) Prawn Cocktail Crisps. Oh MAN do I love those! :lmao:

Do you live in London?

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here :thumbsup2 despite the weather :rotfl: And it sounds like you got to see plenty of places (Surrey and Cornwall are counties, York and Chester are cities - although York is in Yorkshire which is a county!!!)
Have you tried the mini creme eggs? and they actually do bars now too popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: they are up there with my fave choccie bars (anything Cadburys really). If you PM me your addy I can send you some eggs and crisps (altough I wouldn't eat them together :scared: ). My fave flavour is roast chicken! Good thing - they have changed the fat they use to make them and also lowered the salt in the crisps, so you can feel less guilty now :thumbsup2

No I don't live near London, I'm in Northampton (half way between Birmingham and London) - it's famous for Dr Martens boots and shoes in general, but not much else :confused3
However when people ask where we're from the usual reply is 'about an hour North of London' as everyone seems to know roughly where that is :)

I don't know which is harder - finding good shoes or finding cheap flights! We are also leaving over a weekend and it is way more expensive than leaving middle of the week. Finally, I bit the bullet and just booked a flight.

I'll prolly end up doing the same. :sad2: Whatever happened to Saturday flights being as cheap as mid-week flights? That's what I was betting on when I made our Pop ressies, but it seems like it's just as spendy as flying on Friday and Sunday....

Have you tried the mini creme eggs? and they actually do bars now too popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: they are up there with my fave choccie bars (anything Cadburys really).

I've had the mini creme eggs, but tell me more about these bars - they have fondant in the middle? :hyper:

If you PM me your addy I can send you some eggs and crisps (altough I wouldn't eat them together :scared: ).

OMG - really?!!! :woohoo: That would be, uh, smashing! I'd be totally, um, chuffed! Wowee wow wow!

Yup, fondant and chocolate and prob loads of calories:rotfl:
Check this out (and some of the others in the list)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL8I7A-Yx-s

They do make great adverts ;)

Got your PM, will prob get a chance to post them next week.

Like your lingo ;) Did you learn any cockney rhyming slang? Apples and pears, dog and bone :thumbsup2

Hope the planning is going well, have you decided what you're doing each day? (trying to stay on topic :rotfl2: )
If you're there on and EMH night for Epcot it's a really good chance to try loads of goodies, we had a night round the world (walking at first then crawling!). I started off on Margaritas and then tried some plum wine from Japan which totally went to my head:faint: But oh the food is so gooood, I love trying a bite of evertything - kinda like an all-day buffet :cloud9:

That video is HIGH-larious! It looks like that new candy bar is kinda like the blue Toblerone they had when I lived in the UK and was my *favorite* but I can't get over here.:sad1: It had fondant in the middle and was even shaped the same way.

Also, I never figured out Cockney rhyming slang (I mean, I get that it rhymes but are there universally known substitutions for real words or will any rhyming word communicate the same thing?)

OK, I will drag myself back on topic. ;)

Lately most of my planning has consisted of trying to obtain an iPhone. I've been waiting to get one since I first heard Apple was going to make them b/c I knew I didn't want the first-generation one. I used to have a T-Mobile Sidekick, which I got expressly for taking to Disneyland so I could surf the Web and bid on eBay auctions and stuff while I was there. But then they got all teenager-y and became really flimsy and cheaply made.

So... I can't wait to get an iPhone for WDW. Every time we're at Disneyland, I hear myself saying, "Oh, if I had an iPhone I could find that out/look that up/get those directions"... I don't think it would replace my PassPorter, but maybe I could leave the binder in the room more often.

BUT, as you prolly know, iPhones are sold out across the US for at least the next 2 weeks. And I'm hoping it doesn't last longer than that cuz I gotta learn how to use the thing before our trip!

Brother, can you spare an iPhone...? :rotfl:

Hello! I found your PTR and realized I read your wedding report! It's nice to see someone close to home. I live in so. cal near Six Flags Magic Mountain (about 1 hour north of DL). That's so awesome that you guys are going back! I'm SO jealous!

Also, I never figured out Cockney rhyming slang (I mean, I get that it rhymes but are there universally known substitutions for real words or will any rhyming word communicate the same thing?)

Yeah all the 'rhymes' have a specific meaning - Apples and pears = stairs, dog and bone = telephone, trouble and strife = wife :lmao:
(BTW I'm no expert - that's about all I know :rotfl2: ) I've never really 'got' it, I mean most slang shortens or amalgamates words, this seems to take ages to say. You also IMO need the accent to go with it or you sound like a plonker!

Here are some amusing links -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnS7oiA7_ns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzxttGuq1s4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzxttGuq1s4&feature=related

These 3 are from one episode of a fantastic comedy/educational quiz show called QI;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOzhgeaH8mk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnk-wJSfwGk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxQWFCTRA6w

Enjoy :happytv:

Hello! I found your PTR and realized I read your wedding report! It's nice to see someone close to home. I live in so. cal near Six Flags Magic Mountain (about 1 hour north of DL). That's so awesome that you guys are going back! I'm SO jealous!

Hi, neighbor! :wave2: So are you a Six Flags AP? I've never been to that one - just to Great America in Santa... Rosa, I think.

Yeah all the 'rhymes' have a specific meaning - Apples and pears = stairs, dog and bone = telephone, trouble and strife = wife :lmao:
(BTW I'm no expert - that's about all I know :rotfl2: ) I've never really 'got' it, I mean most slang shortens or amalgamates words, this seems to take ages to say. You also IMO need the accent to go with it or you sound like a plonker!

Oooh! Thank you for the explanation, and for online time wasters! :rotfl: I can't wait to check them out....

OK, so yesterday I went to REI and tried on a bunch of shoes. I think I found the perfect WDW shoes! They are soooo comfy, but unfortunately, they are also sooooooo UGLY!

Teva Toachi
TevaToachi.jpg

However, I will get over it - they have a really cushiony footbed, and the straps are lined with this soft mesh so they don't rub against your feet. REI wanted $85+tax, so I came home and bought them on Shoebuy.com through Sunshine Rewards and used a $25 off coupon.

However I did buy two pairs of Merrells at REI that looked nice enough to wear with skirts and are also way comfy. Since they were on sale, I got a black pair and a brown pair - I've always wanted to do that! (I have a friend who, when she finds a shoe she likes, buys it in every color!) These come in three or four other colors, though...

Merrell Pesaro
MerrellPesaro.jpg

And, while I was on Shoebuy.com, I decided to order a pair of MBT sandals to see how I liked them. I have two piars of MBT sneakers, and when I started wearing them, I really did see toning effects like the Bliss catalog touts. However, they are very heavy (they have metal in the soles) and very hot. So hopefully these are lighter and cooler...

MBT Staka - Now with levitation effect!
MBTStaka.jpg

Also today, I took $200 in Disney Gift Cards I earned on Sunshine Rewards and $163 in Disney Visa Rewards and paid down our Pop Century/Free Dining package. The reservation agent went ga-ga when she saw what a screamin' deal we got on 6 days at Pop plus free dining.

And then she told me something I didn't know and found VERY helpful: Our final payment is due before we get this month's Disney Visa Rewards Dollars credited to our account. But if we pay out of pocket, we can call back when the Rewards Dollars come in, apply them to our reservation, and get a refund on the money we paid out of pocket! COOL! :banana:

OK, how was THAT for an update? I feel a great sense of accomplishment today... :lmao:

I feel a great sense of accomplishment today... :lmao:

You should! That is quite an update and accomplishment. I tried Sunshine Rewards briefly but it seemed like I didn't "qualify" for any surveys? :confused3 Maybe I have to try again. Because I'm all about earning the Disney Dollars. Any particular tips on Sunshine Rewards?

I like all of your footwear choices. Especially the levitating sandle. That should give new meaning to light on your feet! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter