You Better Start Believing in Success Stories, You're in One! Nov. W.I.S.H Challenge

I listen to music mostly int he car while driving or when I am cleaning. I do listen to music at work sometimes. I put both ear buds in and cancel everything out around. I do this either when I need to really focus and get something done or when I am in a really bad mood or ticked at a co-worker and I don't want to be bothered. This happened a lot over the summer. Summer at work is really crazy busy and I had a new co-worker that I did not like or really got a long with. Music was a way to avoid the situation as much as possible and get a lot of work done.

Lately though I have been watching/listening to the different Dis shows. Also, when I am on the elliptical or treadmill (it has been awhile) I will watch TV shows. I watched all of Fuller House last winter while I worked out.

I do not have a guilty pleasure song. I just listen to country music.

+++++++++

Well today is going ok. I am still really tires but doing better then this morning. I am all by myself in my section of the office today. That has made it a little bit harder but doable. Eating today has been really bad and I mean really bad. 10 oz of Coke so far, 2 doughnuts, a fried Chic-Fil-A chicken sandwich and chips. I tried to eat the chocolate chip cookie but realized it had nits in it so that when in the trash. I am going to pay for this later. I won't get to work out tonight because of my daughters program but I have decided tomorrow I start to get back on track. I am going to eat better and go work out at the rec. We have nothing going on tomorrow so I have no excuse. Sleep tonight will help a lot too. That is my biggest problem today. I am just too tired to really care or to make myself something even if it is just heating something up in the microwave. I feel like I am back in the days that my kids were babies and I didn't get sleep for several day in a row. I am pretty much a zombie today.

@piglet1979 give yourself a day of rest, tomorrow will be better. I am sorry that you are feeling lousy without the reward you were hoping for!

QOTD: I am not a music listener - at all! When I was a teenager my mother kept sending me to the ear doctor because she thought that I had a problem with my ears (and not in the typical teenager fashion) and it turned out that I hear very well, but my brain has huge trouble to filter different sounds. So, following a conversation in a noisy room is sometimes quite difficult for me - and this also leads to me speaking with a too high volume myself in such situations. That's why background noise is something that I find uncomfortable, more of a distraction. I enjoy music when I sit down to listen to it, but it is not important to me. So, I don't put any effort into it and have no clue what I would enjoy. However, I do enjoy listening to people speaking and therefore usually have some sort of podcast on my earbuds.

Thank You @Flossbolna Not the outcome I wanted but both teams played great. It was really fun to watch. I am really happy for the cubs and their fans. 108 years without winning the World Series. They deserve it. We have a saying here in Cleveland if you are a Cleveland sports fan "There is always next year" This comes from 50+ years of not winning a championship in any sport. We broke that in June when our Basketball team won. We had our fun in June.

Tomorrow will be a much better day after some sleep.

Today's Question: How do you use music in your day? Do you find listening to music motivating? Or maybe relaxing? When i am doing my walking on my lunch - i blast my disney playlist and it keeps me moving and motivated

And one for fun: Do you have a guilty pleasure song that you like to play when no one is around? Care to share what it is? Yup - Mine is that i still listen ot the songs that were popular when i was in school

originally written for the Pirate's ride but since then has been covered many times. In the opening scene of The Curse of the Black Pearl a young Elizabeth Swann can be heard singing it from the bow of a ship. The perfect way to tie the movie to the ride right from the beginning.

es-jpg.204878

Today's Question: How do you use music in your day? Do you find listening to music motivating? Or maybe relaxing?

And one for fun: Do you have a guilty pleasure song that you like to play when no one is around? Care to share what it is?

I'm pretty much listening to music all day long. The workspace that I have currently has low cubicle walls and there are some loud people on my floor! It's a nice distraction to keep me focused and in the zone

Guilty pleasure...*NSYNC! I love me some *NSYNC and will rock out to them all day.

I find music very motivating and use it for running. I don't think I would still be a runner if I didn't have my music. It helps me calm my wandering mind.

My gulity pleasure song is Break the Ice by Britney Spears. I don't know why but when I hear that song I feel like I could run for days.

Britney should never be a guilty pleasure! Love her in confidence lol

Just stopped by with a small victory that I was really proud of myself for! So I went home and had dinner. Dinner was gross. So of course binge mode came on and I went to the kitchen and ate peanut butter and chocolate chips to get the taste out of my mouth. But then I felt myself having the urge to binge so I stopped! Even a couple months ago I would have gone into the kitchen and just ate and ate until I was stuffed and hated myself but I managed to stop and that's a victory for sure!

For the half marathon a couple weeks ago I had my wife and both kids pick out a song and add it to my playlist without me knowing which song they picked. It was pretty cool when they came on during the run - I knew instantly who picked what song and it was motivating for me.
I love this and may have to steal the idea for the marathon.

I'm currently addicted to my Brian Setzer Orchestra album
That brings me back to high school, I need to add some of their songs to my playlist they are so upbeat! I'm so happy you are finding my questions relatable!

I had to quit when I worked there a number of years ago because of some awesome life choices (ahh, to be 19 again) and it's one of my biggest regrets.
Hindsight is always 20/20, but at least when you go back you will appreciate it more.

Guilty pleasure: Cher! Don't judge LOL!
No judgement here! :music:Do you believe in life after love:music:

I am pretty much a zombie today.
Don't be too hard on yourself we all have days like that. I hope you get a good night's sleep!

I do enjoy listening to people speaking and therefore usually have some sort of podcast on my earbuds.
That's awesome you have found something that works for you :)

Yup - Mine is that i still listen ot the songs that were popular when i was in school
This is always fun. I love playing songs from my high school days for my kids. They find it hilarious.

Just stopped by with a small victory that I was really proud of myself for! So I went home and had dinner. Dinner was gross. So of course binge mode came on and I went to the kitchen and ate peanut butter and chocolate chips to get the taste out of my mouth. But then I felt myself having the urge to binge so I stopped! Even a couple months ago I would have gone into the kitchen and just ate and ate until I was stuffed and hated myself but I managed to stop and that's a victory for sure!
You should be proud! These small victories will add up and you'll reach your goal before you know it!

As our story begins in the beautiful island town of Port Royale we are introduced to three main characters.

necklace.jpg
Elizabeth Swann- The governor's daughter. She has always dreamed of pirates and adventure despite her father's disapproval. He is determined to keep her a proper lady. Elizabeth keeps a pirate medallion hidden away, a small sign of the life she longs for.

wt.jpg
William Turner- Orphaned at a young age, Will seems to always do what he is told. He was taken in by a blacksmith and takes pride in everything he does. Even when he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He obviously has a crush on Elizabeth but is a gentleman. He knows that she is "above" him and so would never act upon it.

cj.jpg
Jack Sparrow (there should be a captain in there somewhere)- A free spirited pirate. He does whatever he wants whenever he wants. Jack is always getting into trouble but somehow manages to get away. Despite his selfish ways he does manage to do the right thing when it counts.

Which one are you?

3.jpg

Are you a dreamer, ruler follower or free spirit? Maybe you are a little of all three? How does this affect your journey to a healthier you?

I think I am most like Elizabeth Swann but with a hint of Captain Jack. I know where I should be but I like to be free every once in awhile to do whatever I want without caring what anyone thinks. The Jack side of me definitely gets in the way of being healthier. I tend to get tired of doing what is expected of me and then go overboard (see what I did there :duck:) I think I need to learn to recognize when I am about to go overboard and find another way to deal with it.

As our story begins in the beautiful island town of Port Royale we are introduced to three main characters.

View attachment 205036
Elizabeth Swann- The governor's daughter. She has always dreamed of pirates and adventure despite her father's disapproval. He is determined to keep her a proper lady. Elizabeth keeps a pirate medallion hidden away, a small sign of the life she longs for.

View attachment 205035
William Turner- Orphaned at a young age, Will seems to always do what he is told. He was taken in by a blacksmith and takes pride in everything he does. Even when he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He obviously has a crush on Elizabeth but is a gentleman. He knows that she is "above" him and so would never act upon it.

View attachment 205034
Jack Sparrow (there should be a captain in there somewhere)- A free spirited pirate. He does whatever he wants whenever he wants. Jack is always getting into trouble but somehow manages to get away. Despite his selfish ways he does manage to do the right thing when it counts.

Which one are you?

View attachment 205037

Are you a dreamer, ruler follower or free spirit? Maybe you are a little of all three? How does this affect your journey to a healthier you?

I am a rule follower. I do not like to be in trouble at all. If I brake a rule I am harder on myself then any punishment I would get. Even with my kids I had a schedule for them and no matter what we stuck to it. If it meant leaving a party for bed time or going late after nap time. I am getting better at this. I now do realize that some rule are breakable and sometimes I just need to do what I need to.

Put me down for a rule follower. I think it helps with weight loss because I set up specific "rules" as far as calories go and I do a pretty good job sticking to those limits. It's actually been pretty hard to relax some of these rules since I've been doing it for almost 11 months now. It's definitely part of my everyday routine at this point.

View attachment 205036

View attachment 205035

View attachment 205034

Which one are you?

View attachment 205037

I'm a little bit of all three: like Will most days I do what is expected of me, but my interior Elizabeth is off on other adventures. And as I get older more and more of Jack is coming out... you just get to a point where a lot of things don't matter as much any more and it can be very empowering and freeing. I think this combination sometimes gets in the way of really revamping my healthful habits and sticking to it - my Will lays out the plan, Elizabeth thinks it has already been accomplished and is off gallivanting around and Jack keeps going for the instant gratification, justifying it with "tomorrow I'll...".

I've loved Pirates all my life, even though they are dirty and smelly :). I'm not really sure where this came from, possibly a show I saw on TV when I was just a wee lass, or a National Geographic article. POTC has always been one of my favorite rides, I love walking thru the dungeon queue as much as the ride itself. Oh, and I do have a pirate hat, you know, just in case any pirate emergencies come up.

I'm definitely a rule follower. Even though I'm not really a "free spirit", I don't think that means I don't have fun. It doesn't bother me one bit to go somewhere spur of the moment, or change plans mid-course, but I'm going to do it by the book lol!

I guess that's why I'm an accountant - everything is black and white, right or wrong.

Good question-- I am not quite sure. I think I'm a little of all three and each coincide with different aspects of my life. I am definitely a rule follower at work. I HATE getting in trouble! Even though it's family and I'm pretty secure in my job, I am a perfectionist, and like things to be done correctly.

Now when I am taking a break, I am a super dreamer-- always planning our next trip and adventure!

However, in my weight loss journey I am such a free spirit! I'm waaaaaay to "YOLO" about things. LOL! I have more success when I when I am a rule follower, but that side of me comes and goes in relation to my weight loss journey. Although when the stakes are high, I am much better. I haven't had caffeine or chocolate in months since I was told not to have it any more-- Ok, that's actually a lie-- I had one coke bc DH forgot and ordered it for me and I drank it anyway, and I had a brownie last month. But still! That's WAAAAY down from normal.

Catching up...Music is so important to me. Always has been. I grew up dancing and doing theater so I always find myself going back to those roots. Even at Disneyland, when walking down mainstreet, I'll hear the tune from Wells Fargo Wagon (The Music Man) playing and start singing to myself. One of my proudest mommy moments was this happening just a week after DD was in The Music Man and she picked up on it right away and started singing. I couldn't run with out music. It helps me pass the time for sure. And the upbeat songs make me move faster. As far as musical tastes go, I'm a big country music fan. When I was growing up we didn't have an FM radio in our car, only AM. So my parents played country music and I hated it when I was a preteen! But I started loving it as a young adult. My guilty music pleasures are my musical soundtracks. DH hates them. DD loves them.

Todays question: I think I'm a combo of all three. I'm very much a rule follower but I am also a dreamer. And the Jack Sparrow side of me comes out from time to time too! I've mentioned before that I'm a wine drinker so I guess I could say that's the pirate in me!

Even with my kids I had a schedule for them and no matter what we stuck to it. If it meant leaving a party for bed time or going late after nap time.

They say that is better for kids, I wish I was more like that with mine.

Put me down for a rule follower. I think it helps with weight loss because I set up specific "rules" as far as calories go and I do a pretty good job sticking to those limits. It's actually been pretty hard to relax some of these rules since I've been doing it for almost 11 months now. It's definitely part of my everyday routine at this point.
I could see that being hard and I'm sure I would have time relaxing too.

I think I am a Will Turner type in action but Jack at heart! Using that idea, I am implanting a few "rules" to help achieve some goals: drink apple cider vinegar with water every morning, drink fiber drink before lunch and dinner meals.
I bought some apple cider vinegar a couple weeks ago and tried it once and am not in a hurry to drink it again. But I know it is suppose to be so good for you. We have been giving it to our dog and it cleared up her itching.

I'm definitely a rule follower. Even though I'm not really a "free spirit", I don't think that means I don't have fun. It doesn't bother me one bit to go somewhere spur of the moment, or change plans mid-course, but I'm going to do it by the book lol!

I guess that's why I'm an accountant - everything is black and white, right or wrong.
That does sound like the perfect job for a rule follower!

Good question-- I am not quite sure. I think I'm a little of all three and each coincide with different aspects of my life. I am definitely a rule follower at work. I HATE getting in trouble! Even though it's family and I'm pretty secure in my job, I am a perfectionist, and like things to be done correctly.

Now when I am taking a break, I am a super dreamer-- always planning our next trip and adventure!

However, in my weight loss journey I am such a free spirit! I'm waaaaaay to "YOLO" about things. LOL! I have more success when I when I am a rule follower, but that side of me comes and goes in relation to my weight loss journey. Although when the stakes are high, I am much better. I haven't had caffeine or chocolate in months since I was told not to have it any more-- Ok, that's actually a lie-- I had one coke bc DH forgot and ordered it for me and I drank it anyway, and I had a brownie last month. But still! That's WAAAAY down from normal.
Your weight loss journey sounds a lot like mine. Good job on staying away from caffeine and chocolate! I'm sure a little bit every so often isn't a big deal.

Catching up...Music is so important to me. Always has been. I grew up dancing and doing theater so I always find myself going back to those roots. Even at Disneyland, when walking down mainstreet, I'll hear the tune from Wells Fargo Wagon (The Music Man) playing and start singing to myself. One of my proudest mommy moments was this happening just a week after DD was in The Music Man and she picked up on it right away and started singing. I couldn't run with out music. It helps me pass the time for sure. And the upbeat songs make me move faster. As far as musical tastes go, I'm a big country music fan. When I was growing up we didn't have an FM radio in our car, only AM. So my parents played country music and I hated it when I was a preteen! But I started loving it as a young adult. My guilty music pleasures are my musical soundtracks. DH hates them. DD loves them.

Todays question: I think I'm a combo of all three. I'm very much a rule follower but I am also a dreamer. And the Jack Sparrow side of me comes out from time to time too! I've mentioned before that I'm a wine drinker so I guess I could say that's the pirate in me!
Your country music story was so funny to me because that is exactly how it was growing up in my family. I hated it but when I got older I like it.

After Elizabeth falls into the water with her pirate medallion on, she unknowingly calls the curse pirates that sail the surrounding waters.

IMG_4828.JPG

The pirates had been searching for the necklace for a long time but it wasn't a necklace it was actually cursed Aztec gold. They needed that final piece so their lives could return to normal.

This weekend's question is

Are you still searching for the answer to a healthier you? For those of you that have found it what was your final piece of Aztec gold? Any advice that you would give to others that are still looking?

Checking in - I got my 4 days of gym time in so I'm at 25%. Super happy so far!

I need to get my eating in check now. I did the math and over the past 7 days I have eaten 2,000 calories more than what was needed to lose 1 pound. I honestly tracked my week and particularly Friday and today were upsetting to say the least. So I'm going to need to do some evaluating because I really want to start losing!

Are you still searching for .the answer to a healthier you? For those of you that have found it what was your final piece of Aztec gold? Any advice that you would give to others that are still looking?

Another great question! I'm definitely still looking for my answer. I do well for awhile, but then fall back off the wagon. I just can't get the idea of lifestyle change through my thick skull! I feel that the answer for me is the food tracking, but I just have to keep it up. When I track, I tend to do well...I just have to track. Not sure why I can't make myself do it consistently though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter