Yelp, Tripadvisor, Urbanspoon, etc....

Herfnerd

DIS Veteran
Do any of their reviews influence your ADR decisions or do you rely solely on DIS?

I don't go to any of those review sites, I like to read reviews from the DIS and on allears.net. I also like to look at the different food pictures and read the menus from the different restaurants. If everything sounds good and looks good (there there are pictures), and I know my family will enjoy that restaurant, then I will book it.

I don't rely on other people's reviews at all.

I read the menu, if it looks good, I try the place.

I look at Tripadvisor a lot and was just on it the other day in preparation for our trip. Mostly, though, I'm looking at certain menu items people have tried and photos. I have never used it for Disney ADRs.

If I'm interested in reviews I look at those as well. A lot of "Disney can do no wrong" posters on Dis.

I look at Yelp occasionally, but mainly to see if there are pictures of menu items. As with any website that offers reviews of anything (Yelp, Amazon, etc.), there will be people who love something and other people who seem to hate it, and you never really know the specific circumstances that might influence a bad review (or a good one, for that matter). Thus, while I do look at outside reviews from time to time, I am firmly in the camp of looking at the menu and, if it looks good, giving it a try. If it stinks, then I'll know better the next time, but I have had several great experiences at Disney restaurants where the trend of reviews had been in the other direction. For example, last year, I saw lots of reviews saying that Le Cellier was going downhill fast. We went anyway and all four of us (me, DW, DD10 and DD8) all agreed that it was one of the best meals we've ever had on property. We also went to Ohana for dinner, and it immediately became one of my favorite places, but not so much for DW and DDs....just a matter of preference, and those preferences can even differ within a family. (In this case, my family is just wrong -- ha!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter