Year-End Round-Up December 2022 Exercise Thread

60 minute "strength and conditioning" class. The new PT cleared me for weightlifting so I gave this a try. The first thing in class was to run across the gym, and my knee promptly gave out. In a move that I will always cherish as the ultimate Black Widow moment, I fell to the ground, rolled through the fall, and sprang back up to continue running in one fluid motion. Went on to finish the class. I'm just that awesome. :P

I'm also very sore and owe, everything hurts, and oh-my-gosh that class was not 'starting back slow' like I planned.

60/400

The smoothness of the move is exceeded only by the eloquence of the description! :cool2: Hope you're feeling better!

I might need to drop my minutes down. I doing PT right now and one of the exercises she has me doing is making my back hurt. I think I know which one. I have PT tonight and will talk to her about. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to move better. Right now I am just trying to not move much.

Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well. Hope the therapist can help!

38 minutes at PT this morning. It's mildly amusing how hard it is for me to balance on one leg these days. I basically have the PT standing beside me with his arms out waiting for me to fall. :P Which, you know, I'm actually pretty good at falling, but he's one of those "Safety first" people who insists its better not to fall no matter how awesome you are at it. Sigh.

98/400

livih99 is on the board, I turned Bob's Out/Bob's Back Blue, and Raya is living dangerously while being *this* close to being the first to reach Disney Wish Orange! Hopefully everyone is feeling better and moving forward!

Here's a reminder of a few things that happened in February:

February is Black History Month. This year, the Disney parks on both coasts marked the month with Celebrate Soulfully.

Disneyland After Dark presented Sweethearts' Nite on a whopping 5 nights in February. Also, for those who love football, Disneyland hosted some of the Super Bowl-winning players from the LA Rams on Valentine's Day. It makes sense that the players would go to Disneyland rather than Disney World, since the winning team was from just down the street!

Finally, it's not Disney, but it's still interesting--the world's first Peppa Pig theme park opened at Legoland Florida in February.

Last edited:
Sadly I had to cut my time at WDW short and come home early, as I started feeling ill. Fortunately it has turned out to "just" be a cold, but I've gone from days of constant activity to barely moving.

Using my daily step counts while I was there and calculating by how long it takes me to get to 10,000 steps, plus 30 minutes each day for my nightly yoga I am at:

585/930... 63%

I hope to get out for a walk in the neighborhood this afternoon... just not the same as strolling around World Showcase.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for turning Disney Wish Orange and to Oneanne for jumping right to MagicBand+ Purple! I was ready for Orange, but not for Purple, so today we'll take a look at the Disney Wish.

Disney Cruise Line fans had been awaiting the Wish since 2016, when it was first announced. Unfortunately, on February 3, DCL said it had to push back the first sailings from June to July due to shipyard delays. The Wish was floated out on February 11. It was handed over to DCL on June 9, and was christened by three Make-A-Wish ambassadors on June 29. Her official inaugural voyage was July 14.

The Disney Wish is the first of at least three Triton-class ships. It is 140,000 tons and can hold approximately 2,500 guests. It has three main-dining restaurants: Arendelle (themed to Frozen), Worlds of Marvel (self-evident), and 1923 (old Hollywood, harkening back to Walt Disney and Roy Disney). Of most interest to my DH, it also has the Hyperspace Lounge, a Star Wars-themed bar.

Sadly I had to cut my time at WDW short and come home early, as I started feeling ill. Fortunately it has turned out to "just" be a cold, but I've gone from days of constant activity to barely moving.

So sorry that your trip got cut short!! I hope you feel better soon. Even "just" a cold can be hard to deal with--one of the worst sicknesses I ever felt was described by the doctor as "slight cold symptoms." I was most unhappy with him, to say the least.

Congratulations to livih99 for turning Bob's Out/Bob's Back Blue! And I think I forgot to mention the other day that the TEAM has turned Blue as well.

In honor of Oneanne already reaching MagicBand+ Purple, let's look at MagicBand+.

MagicBand+ was introduced at WDW in July 2022. It is the newest iteration of Disney's MagicBand, which first rolled out in 2013. In addition to being your ticket to the parks, a method of payment, a means of using Lightning Lanes and PhotoPass, and your room ticket for WDW resorts, MagicBand+ adds an interactive element. For example, if you're visiting WDW during the Magic Kingdom 50th, you can trigger sounds from the Fab 50 gold character statues throughout the parks. There also are interactive games, such as the Batuu Bounty Hunter game in Galaxy's Edge. And MagicBand+ lights up and buzzes during nighttime spectaculars.

Unlike it used to do with the original MagicBands, Disney doesn't send these out for free when you make a WDW resort reservation. You'll have to pay at least $25 (with a resort reservation) or $35 (without a resort reservation) or more to obtain this new toy. And you'll have to remember to keep the MagicBand+ charged during your stay.

In October 2022, MagicBand+ was rolled out at DLR. This is the first time Disneyland guests have been able to use a MagicBand of any kind. It's a bit more limited at DLR, though, because you can't use it as a means of payment or a hotel key. But it does act as a park key and means of using LLs and PhotoPass, it does allow you to access experiences like the Batuu Bounty Hunger game (and apparently some experiences at Avengers Campus), and it does interact with the nighttime spectaculars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter