Yacht Club - mini trip report from last week

DisneyDoc5

Making memories...
Hi Disers,
Just back from a week at Yacht Club and thought I would share our experience. We have stayed at Beach before and loved it.

1. Arrival: super nice, I did online check in, they greeted us and whisked us right to the desk, in our rooms within minutes and got connecting doors with our friends as requested.

2. Rooms: clean, fresh, love the decor, maybe even a touch more than BC. We are boaters to we like nautical theme, navy blue, etc. A little staining on the counter, behind the door, nothing major. Under the day bed was clean (which was not the case for our Poly stay). I asked for early service since we always come back in the pm and it was always done when we returned.

3. Staff - super!

4. Food - here is a major CON for us, the refillable mug situation stinks here. Until noon you can go to the little bar area in the lobby, then after that until 10ish you have to walk all the way out to Hurricane Hannah's. Sorry people, I am not lazy, but this is a pain, especially if it is raining! This may be enought for us to pick BC over YC, we like our mugs and use them a lot! Ate at Yachtsman, delicious, excellent service. Food at Hurricane Hannahs was very good as well.

5. Pool - need I say anything, awesome, staff was awesome. I thought it was easier to get to the pool from YC than BC.

5. Crisis Management - ok, here is the story, 3/4 of the way through our week we notice the toilet is 'sluggish' when flushed (I have several boys in my group, enough said). So Thursday am, I called housekeeping and told them we may need a plunge, but that is was still working. Then at 2 pm (we are in a rainy HW Studios) we get a voicemail from housekeeping that a pipe broke in our room and it flooded and we need to change rooms....after 30 minutes of trying to get ahold of someone, I asked, now, when you get back, ok. So I get back, go to the front desk, it takes Peter 30 minutes to get me new cards, starting to get frustrated. I get up to the room, my DH is there with the hotel manager and our room is destroyed - beds gone, our stuff piled nicely on top of all the dressers and tables, carpet ripped back, fans blowing under it. Sam the manager explains about the pipe and she is going to move us to new rooms, comp us 1 night. I was a little upset because I knew this would cause us to miss our Via Napoli...she saw my frustration and said she would be right back. She added CL access - huge perk, we skipped Via Napoli, ordered pizza, but having the CL was a nice compromise. We were moved and settled within an hour. The communication issues I had prior to her helping us were not good, but she took care of it from there.

6. Operation Duffy - DS11 wanted a Duffy, huge shortage all week in all the parks and gift shops - they had the outfits, not Duffy. I ask concierge Vicki and Jonathan if they could give me the phone number to BW and I would try there - oh no - they took care of it from here. Called all over property, and found the last few at All Star and Coronado Springs - I didn't have time to get it before Magical Express, so they sent a runner over there and got it and I gave him cash - Duffy delivered 1 hour before departure - NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!!!!!!! I told them I was forever grateful because DH loved the lounge and they saved the day - amazing! They were sincerely happy to do this for us, so nice!!! Plus, I don't know what it is, but those are the best hard boiled eggs on the planet!

Overall - excellent visit! I met two disers... Reddy and 1971DBday - this was super! I wrote a mini report on our park experiences on the theme park and attractions board regarding RFID and FP and a few other thoughts.

Have a magical day!

Thanks for the report! How nice of the CL staff. Who knew it'd be so hard to get a Duffy? Last summer, I wanted a stuffed Donald......and he wasn't easy to find.

Thanks for the report! How nice of the CL staff. Who knew it'd be so hard to get a Duffy? Last summer, I wanted a stuffed Donald......and he wasn't easy to find.

Well, time to plan another trip so you can get a Donald - that's a good enough reason for me!;) Make it CL in case you need help!:lmao:

Thank you for your report.
I don't know what I'd do if I came back to a room in that condition :crazy2: At least you had some warning - but still!
Great that they left you feeling happy and well taken care of :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear of the broken pipe and the issues with your room however that was great that they upgraded you to CL! We check into YC CL in 5 days so thanks for the report! I'm really looking forward to our stay there :)

Accidents happen

This is so true and we really weren't upset, just kind of surprised if anything at the condition of things. The kids were kind of upset and we had to explain that accidents and mechanical things happen and it was no ones fault and they handled it nicely. Probably the most frustrating thing was trying to return their call and get a bit of a run around prior to meeting up with the hotel manager. There was just a communication breakdown on thier end, but it really was not that big of a deal. We would certainly return and I thought they handled things very nicely.

Nice review! Sounds like we were at YC around the same time. As it turns out, the toilet in our room was leaky (at the base). We have a young son, so for the first couple days we blamed it on him having a bad aim. ;) Finally we realized the problem wasn't him. We were checking out the next day, though, so we just alerted them then -- didn't want to deal with the hassle of a repair during our stay.

BTW, that CL upgrade is how they get ya. They upgraded us our very first family trip, and you know we've been paying for CL ever since. :rotfl:

Nice review! Sounds like we were at YC around the same time. As it turns out, the toilet in our room was leaky (at the base). We have a young son, so for the first couple days we blamed it on him having a bad aim. ;) Finally we realized the problem wasn't him. We were checking out the next day, though, so we just alerted them then -- didn't want to deal with the hassle of a repair during our stay.

BTW, that CL upgrade is how they get ya. They upgraded us our very first family trip, and you know we've been paying for CL ever since. :rotfl:

Yup, they got us now! We kind of blamed my precious 'healthy' son for the issue, but it sounds like it was really a bigger problem with the plumbing on that floor, we were on the 4th floor.

Thanks for your review. It sounds like you had a decent stay overall. I'm glad to hear that.

Would you mind if I linked to your review on the first page of the YC/BC FAQ thread? People are often asking for reviews/trip reports that are specific to those two resorts, and I have added a section where I am posting links to reports.

sure, I was going to go to that thread and post a link to this, but I just haven't done it yet, that would be great!

Awesome!!! Thanks! I'll quote your comments over there, and put a permanent link on Page 1.

Dee

So glad you enjoyed your stay at YC! I love staying there! :lovestruc

Thanks for your report! Sounds like a great trip in spite of the flood! I can't wait for my August stay.

I also can't imagine walking back into the room with no beds or carpeting. Thank goodness you didn't have anything on the floor. I always leave my luggage on the floor. I will rethink that now, not just at Disney, but everywhere. Wouldn't occur to me that the whole room would flood. I wonder if they gave you the run around because they weren't done cleaning up your room. Can anyone explain to me what CL is? Is it Concierge Level? What do you get with it? - Thanks.

Can anyone explain to me what CL is? Is it Concierge Level?

Yup.

What do you get with it? - Thanks.

Access to the lounge which has snacks, drinks, appetizers, etc.
Access to IPO, Itinerary Planning Office for help with ADRs and other reservations.
Secured key card access to Club Level floors.
Nightly turn down service.
At AKL you have access to the Sunrise Safari.

For more detailed info:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959196

If its raining, you can walk to beach club and do the mug refill in the marketplace. The trek to BC for a free drink is my only complaint when I stay at YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter