Xbox in the staterooms? 3 ways/extension cords? USB?

Do you think this applies to the Switch as well? You don't need to hook it up to a TV to play it.

Do you think this applies to the Switch as well? You don't need to hook it up to a TV to play it.

The switch will probably be treated as a hand held. I wouldn't bring the base but the handheld part and charger will be no problem. I bring a psp/ps vita and/or 3DS with me on almost every cruise. Yes I'm an adult gamer who enjoys playing games just as much as reading books or going for long runs so I bring a hand held with me just in case I want to play something.

I would think as long as you just have the screen/controllers and the not the dock that hooks to the TV, you'd be fine. I'd carry it on though.

Hey all just returned. Thanks to all who replied to this thread. Some notes: We left our family travelling Xbox in the car at the port (along with dirty laundry).
We rarely saw our 14 year old son throughout the cruise as he instantly met with friends at the Edge/Vibe. Saw him at dinner and that was in. As part of their multiple socializing activities, there was Xbox in both the Edge and Vibe.

The Dream has a new digital clock at bedside that has 2 USB outlets.
How'd your son do at vibe? I remember when I was eleven I went to edge but couldnt click with anyone. This time on the dream I made a 10+ new friends. Some even from Canada! We are going on the Wonder for Alaska next year so how'd he click with everyone? Nervous I'll be at the bottom of the food chain again:(

This was our 12th DCL cruise. When we boarded, mom and dad headed to the gym. DS (14) went to the edge. When we returned to the room around 2:30, he also returned to the room with a new friend. He came back for the life boat drill, but we then met at dinner - went on his own and was directed to table number, and once he was done eating, he was gone and showed up at room before midnight and that would typically be the mode - we would text and occasionally meet for family events such as bingo, but the "pack" of boys (and girls) that formed most mostly edge, but did bounce back and forth between the Edge and vibe. So to answer your question, going from Edge to vibe with some friends helped break the ice of going up to Vibe.

Regarding the heat, I knew it was an issue, but as alluded, parked in the ramp lowest level in the shade. Certainly would not turn the unit on again until it cooled completely. I think if we were in middle of summer when temp gets into the 100s and we were forced to outside, I would probably have stored it onboard.

Again, for those that tend to be "leave your game at home/try something new", you have to realize that for better or worse, kids these days love their games - and a good part of their times spent at the clubs is playing Xbox with each other. I think that the lower age clubs have video games as well. Not all kids are that way, but ours are and to each their own....

You are paying all this money and taking an XBox? Why not just leave it at home and not risk it? You say that it travels with your family, but why is it such a necessity? Maybe it would do your family some good to learn to live without it for a few days. Just a thought.

If you must bring it, you risk Disney confiscating all or part of it, and then it's on you to remember to pick it up at the end of the cruise.

They may have a child or adult in the party who is reliant on it as a coping mechanism, that is to say somewhere on the spectrum or some other need.

They may have a child or adult in the party who is reliant on it as a coping mechanism, that is to say somewhere on the spectrum or some other need.

That may be a reason some people want to bring the Xbox with them, however I don't believe DCL makes accommodation for that. If you have a family member needing electronic games for coping, I recommend finding something hand-held that will work for them as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yep DD will have her hand held gaming system with her just about every place she can, including dinner. It's her coping when to much is going on around her. She can put her headphones in and tune out all the things causing her anxiety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter