written confirmation on banking points

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
I was just reading kerridvc's post suggesting they had banked their points and MS having no record of them banking points. I realize that when you bank your points MS gives you a banking # similar to a reservation number. When you make a reservation they follow it up with a mailed copy of the ressie. Has anyone ever gotten a copy of their banking transaction and or has anyone ever requested a copy be mailed to them. I like to have something in my binder to show the transaction although I do record the banking transaction #.

Ed
DVC 1994

Currently, I don't believe they have anything to send. The only thing they'll do is give you a point statement which will be the entire history of your DVC account(s). They might be able to send an e-mail to confirm they did the transaction if you ask for that by e-mail (it would be the response).

Hi Ed,

When I banked our points I was told that I would not recieve confirmation by mail only a banking transaction number. Unfortunately, I lost the transaction number, I do hope they don't lose my banking information!!

Did you get hit with alot of snow where you are? We only got 10 inches but enough for me...I need to go to Florida!!!

Rosemary
Off-site every year since 1985
PO '96, '97, '99
Coronado '00
WL '94, '00
CB '98
VB '97, '98, '00
DL '01
BWV '01

I have always used email to bank my remaining points with member services. When they confirm that my points have been banked, they email the banking number. I always print a copy of the email off and put it with my records. Never have had a problem but I have the "printed" record in case I ever need it. :)

When ever I have a transaction with MS I request a points activity statement. This statement shows all the activity in the account by use year. Each statement starts from when I purchased into DVC and continues to the last transaction.

In addition to showing the point balances, each transaction includes a discription and the transaction number.

Thank's to the statement I was able to discover a banking error made by MS which would have resulted in the points being lost had I not seen the error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter