Wow! Christian Bale has some anger issues!

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard the tape of Christian Bale going off on someone on the set of the new Terminator movie? OMG! He went NUTS! I think the Today show said he said the "f" workd over 30 times! If you go to TMZ.com, they have the recording of it. Here is the link to the Today show story. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/28984085/

Someone needs to send Christain to some anger management training ASAP!

By all accounts he is a very dedicated actor and perfectionist. If you've seen El Machinista you know he will do anything necessary for a role.

I thought he was "cleared" on the mother/sister thing from a few months back. So, I would not say he needs anger management just yet. He sounds very frustrated that the lighting crew is not doing their jobs correctly.

(Yes, I am a huge fan)

someone needs to not walk into the shot! LOL

I agree. While the tirade to the average Joe Blow may sound extremely off kilter....it's important to realize that he is a very dedicated, trained, highly skilled, intense actor. Imagine how hard it would be to work on an intense scene with some clown walking around in the background fiddling with something. Apparently it was the second time this happened with this Director of Photography. The director should have reamed him for it the first time he did it, so the way I look at it, Christian did what the director SHOULD have done the first time.

This is a business people! How would a surgeon feel if some yokel bumbled through the operating room while they were performing surgery? I know acting isn't life and death but it's something that many of them are very passionate about.

So while the tirade seemed harsh, I don't think it was unjustified.

Also, I am not a HUGE fan so I'm not just trying to stick up for him because I like him.

We can now add Bale on to the list of Hollywood loony tunes.

I don't think a doctor would not act that way- a prima dona does. Plus in a doctor's situation it could be life or death- in acting- um it's a do over.

How much time did he waste with his tirade? He sounds like a jerk. I don't care how great an actor you are you can't treat people like that and not expect backlash.
the guy walked into the set. Mistake. Yes. Fireable mistake? maybe. But yelling childish tirade producing- no.
And walking on set maybe unprofessional but a cursing tirade like that- DEFINATELY unprofessional.

For those of you defending this guy. O.k, if someone went off like this at your own job, you wouldn't think it was a big deal?! I had a very stressful job up until last year. I was very dedicated and took my job very seriously. I had a case-load of 3000 students and they all counted on me to take care of them. Now, if someone had made an honest mistake that effected my work, I would certainly not have screamed like he did. Yes, I would have been upset. I would have said something to the individual in question. But I would have NEVER overreacted like Christain Bale. :sad2:

Sounds like he was unable to state his case without a tirade. On and on and saying the same thing over and over.
The guy apologised right off what more did he want, his job?

Honestly there is no excuse for this behavior.

IMHO, there is no defense for his tirade.

He does NOT look good right now to many many people. :sad2:

1) The guy walked into the shot multiple times

2) The guy is backtalking to Bale during the entire tirade, it's not like the guy was just sitting there taking it

3) Over the top? Yes. But we have no idea what exactly happened, we just have a short audio clip.

4) Lots of people in high stress positions (not saying acting is, but this guy is known to be very serious about his craft) can explode when stuff like this happens.

I tend to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

For those of you defending this guy. O.k, if someone went off like this at your own job, you wouldn't think it was a big deal?! I had a very stressful job up until last year. I was very dedicated and took my job very seriously. I had a case-load of 3000 students and they all counted on me to take care of them. Now, if someone had made an honest mistake that effected my work, I would certainly not have screamed like he did. Yes, I would have been upset. I would have said something to the individual in question. But I would have NEVER overreacted like Christain Bale. :sad2:

I just think it's completely different with actors than it is in an office setting. I stand by what I said. The director of Photog sounds like a complete amateur who should have been reemed out by the director the first time he bumbled around just outside the scene. I think he deserved to be reemed out by someone and since the director didn't do it, I see no issue with Christian doing it. I said it was harsh. It was. More harsh than it needed to be, but that is to be expected when someone is filming an intense scene, is in an intense mood, working diligently and totally focused and then someone screws it up for the Second time.

I still think that while a bit too harsh in his way of doing it, he was in the right to do so.

And to the other poster, I already stated after my example that obviously acting isn't life or death, but I guess you felt it needed to be reiterated or something?

2) The guy is backtalking to Bale during the entire tirade, it's not like the guy was just sitting there taking it

3) Over the top? Yes. But we have no idea what exactly happened, we just have a short audio clip.

4) Lots of people in high stress positions (not saying acting is, but this guy is known to be very serious about his craft) can explode when stuff like this happens.

Exactly.

I just think it's completely different with actors than it is in an office setting. I stand by what I said. The director of Photog sounds like a complete amateur who should have been reemed out by the director the first time he bumbled around just outside the scene. I think he deserved to be reemed out by someone and since the director didn't do it, I see no issue with Christian doing it. I said it was harsh. It was. More harsh than it needed to be, but that is to be expected when someone is filming an intense scene, is in an intense mood, working diligently and totally focused and then someone screws it up for the Second time.

I still think that while a bit too harsh in his way of doing it, he was in the right to do so.

And to the other poster, I already stated after my example that obviously acting isn't life or death, but I guess you felt it needed to be reiterated or something?

Agree. Remember this is a billion dollar industry. The Terminator series is a $$$$$$$ franchise. If others don't do their job, he can't do his. I can't blame him for snapping this one time. So until we have accounts of him acting like a diva over and over, I let this slide.

Interesting that you guys really don't see that he was out of line. Maybe that's why we hear such crazy stories over on the theme park board? I just read a thread where a 6 month pregnant dis'r was pushed because she made the mistake of stepping in the way of someone taking a picture.:confused3 Our society is sick!

I have to listen to it again, because I didn't hear the guy "backtalk" at all. I could barely hear him say anything except "I'm sorry" . I don't care how intense his scene was or how dedicated to his craft he is, he went on a 4 minute rage screaming obscenities at a coworker. He didn't just step over the line, he jumped over it and kept on running. He deserves whatever flack he gets from this.

I agree. Not to mention I remember this happening when he was in the mist of dealing with his mother and sister trying to shake him down for cash and doing press for the batman movie and dealing with the absence of Heath Ledger. All of this combined probably added a great deal of stress for him and this guy got the brunt of it.

Betcha they won't be working together ever again. :rotfl:

I have to listen to it again, because I didn't hear the guy "backtalk" at all. I could barely hear him say anything except "I'm sorry" . I don't care how intense his scene was or how dedicated to his craft he is, he went on a 4 minute rage screaming obscenities at a coworker. He didn't just step over the line, he jumped over it and kept on running. He deserves whatever flack he gets from this.

(paraphrasing) He also said "it won't happen again" to which Bale replied "that's what you said last time."

If this was a repeated incident, then I can see why he was mad.

I'm curious where you saw that the guy walked into the shot multiple times and how was he backtalking? I heard "I'm sorry" and I heard Bale ask questions and the guy answered hm calmly. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter