Would you buy a chevy?

Oh I just saw you are comparing it to a Kia. I used to work at Enterprise and the Kias were AWFUL!!!! Sure they are cheap, but scary. My sister rear ended someone on the freeway at about 45 in her Kia Rio and the airbag did not deploy, which shocked the officers. Luckily, she was okay. I started paying more attention after that and I had about 5 other customers get in similar accidents in their Kias with similar results. We also had horrible issues with the dealerships. They would sit for a month or more waiting on a part. Eventually, we had a directive from corporate that there was only one dealership in town (Phoenix) that we were allowed to send our Kias to.

The Enterprise that dealt with the nearest Kia dealership (not the one we could send our cars to) also stopped taking direct bill deals from the dealership, meaning if the customers' cars went in for warranty work and the customer was sent to Enterprise for a rental car(which they generally were) the customer had to pay us and then get reimbursed. This was because they would frequently approve a direct bill and then have the customer's car for 3 weeks or more. Then the last day, they would say "Oh, we are only going to pay for one day. The customer needs to cover the rest," which was hundreds of dollars at that point. The customer would scream at the office and the dealership would tell the customers, "oh they should just right it off for you." It was nuts. Now, this was 3-5 years ago, so maybe things are better now, but it was crazy!!

Well, I had great luck with my 2010 Soul when I was hit in December. A kid ran a stop sign and took out the front of the car. Well not only did the air bag deploy, but my only injuries was a burn from the air bag and some minor neck and back injuries.

I did look at Edmunds.com to see the safety ratings of all the cars we are looking at. DH had mentioned just buying a Rio, but the safety ratings were awful so I wouldn't even consider it. The Forte and Soul have good safety ratings. We have a 2009 Kia Rondo right now and I love it- there are no blind spots which is a huge issue in my toyota Sienna van. You sit up a little higher than in a sedan which I think is good for my teen drivers. There is plenty of room in the rear to haul stuff which will be good with 1 heading off to college. The gas mileage isn't the greatest though.

Oh I just saw you are comparing it to a Kia. I used to work at Enterprise and the Kias were AWFUL!!!! Sure they are cheap, but scary. My sister rear ended someone on the freeway at about 45 in her Kia Rio and the airbag did not deploy, which shocked the officers. Luckily, she was okay. I started paying more attention after that and I had about 5 other customers get in similar accidents in their Kias with similar results. We also had horrible issues with the dealerships. They would sit for a month or more waiting on a part. Eventually, we had a directive from corporate that there was only one dealership in town (Phoenix) that we were allowed to send our Kias to.

The Enterprise that dealt with the nearest Kia dealership (not the one we could send our cars to) also stopped taking direct bill deals from the dealership, meaning if the customers' cars went in for warranty work and the customer was sent to Enterprise for a rental car(which they generally were) the customer had to pay us and then get reimbursed. This was because they would frequently approve a direct bill and then have the customer's car for 3 weeks or more. Then the last day, they would say "Oh, we are only going to pay for one day. The customer needs to cover the rest," which was hundreds of dollars at that point. The customer would scream at the office and the dealership would tell the customers, "oh they should just right it off for you." It was nuts. Now, this was 3-5 years ago, so maybe things are better now, but it was crazy!!

I didn't read everyone's responses, but I have a Chevy Suburban that they will probably have to burry me in I am so in love with it!

My DH has a 2001 Chevy Impala that has 150,000 miles and still going strong. He drives it 500 miles/week b/c he works pretty far away from home. It has recently started to have some worn out parts but no major engine or transmission failures. We would consider another Chevy for sure, we are hoping this thing lasts another 50,000 miles for us, but we will see! We will drive it until it has a catastrophic failure since it has very little value now.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Chevy. Maybe we're incredibly lucky, but we've had fantastic luck with GM vehicles in my family. One of the GMC trucks my dad owned (a 1994) is still on the road with 400,000 miles on it.

I also wouldn't hesitate to buy a Ford. Mine has 167,000 miles on it, and is still going strong. It's really only started to need repairs in the last year.

Yes, I would and recently have. We just bought DW a new Cruze last month. We are not brand specific and we gave each car brand a fair shot. She test drove cars similar in price and style. The Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corolla, VW Jetta, Kia Optima and of course the Chevy Cruze. In the end she went with the Cruze. She liked the way it seemed to handle better than the rest. The only other car she was debating on was the Corolla. She also chose the Cruze because it seems to require less maintenance and seemed to have better safety features. This is something to keep in mind while car shopping. Chevy and Toyota were the only ones (in our area anyways) to point out the maintenance and safety features. Every other company it seemed like I had to pry it out of them. The Cruze also seems to have a lot (if not more) of the same features than some of the other cars have, and was cheaper in price. So far DW loves it and is happy with her decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter