Would you believe it? A Disneyland trip with no Disney magic...

OMG Trey..........Just got into the office, a friend texted me about your TR...I have my small mishaps every trip, but you have outdone all my misadventures..you have a wonderful family and by the way, thanks for the honerable mention.
My wife had a kidney infection a few years ago and just about died, had to have outpatient I.V's for two weeks after, thank god they are more agressive on handling sepsis these days.
Take care, give your body time to heal....

Your friend,

Jack(the old guy)

Ugh, I'm sorry HG - so much not feeling well for your group *especially you* Great foto of the kids on Splash - I agree with them :cheer2:

Love the pic! What kindred spirit!! A :thumbsup2 for the young lady friend!!!

Can't believe you are already working on your trip report and WOC updates after what you just went through during your DL trip. Take care and get some rest!

Have a speedy recovery and lots of pixiedust: for your next trip to Cars Land! You rock, Hydroguy!!

Hydro's family Rocks too!
Wow, very sorry about the illness. It's bad enough being sick at home, but away from home, really sucks! I hope you bounce back quick, and get to make another visit soon.
I will be there over Labor Day weekend... love to meet the Rockstar of Dis! :cool1:
Seriously, great pic, you have a Awesome family!

Lori

I can barely see the screen because of the tears I am crying.....that picture speaks VOLUMES about the love your kids and family have for you. WOW!!! Sooooooo sweet!!!! Ilove this more than I can say. I have been on these boards for many years and can clearly remember the pictures and avatars of your sons when they were younger. This act really warms my heart.

You are such a kind, helpful, key person here, Trey, and I feel so bummed you fell tremendously ill and needed to be hospitalized at DL. That is horrible. i am very sorry this happened. I hope it won't be long until you can experience a do over. You surely deserve it.

Thank you so much for all you continue to do for us here. And can I say once again how awesome your boys are???? LOVE them!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you were not feeling well during your trip. Glad to hear that you are doing better. I did feel bad that you were not able to to fully enjoy your trip with your family. I hope that you are able to go back to the DLR shortly since you deserve to see it.

The picture of your kids on Splash with the letters is so great that I enjoyed it a lot. You have a great family.

As an avid reader on every one of your newbie threads, thanks for your dedication to the boards. I am so sorry to hear that your trip went badly. I hope that you get a chance to rest and recover. I agree with all of the previous posters that your kids are incredibly thoughtful and loving to do this for you. I hope you get back to DL soon!

Hydroguy,

I'm sorry to hear about the health concerns. DW and I had a trip to DLR end too soon due to a similar issue.

Great photo though! What great kids!

So sorry to hear of your illness! I hope that you will continue to get better. Your family is awesome!

I'm so sorry to hear of your illness (and the rest of the family's illness as well). I hope you are feeling better very soon!!!

As for the picture...WOW!! I just love that your family did that for you. What an amazing get well soon present :)

My kids trudged on and did the four DLR days but their comment was that without me "it was like being patriots without George Washington".

I almost did a spit-take with my coffee - that made me laugh out loud! Very glad you are recovering and hope you can arrange a make-up trip ASAP! Just take time to recover completely - don't pull out your own chest tube or something like that ;)

Ohhh Hydroguyyyy! I'm so sorry. Your picture at the end made me tear up. What an amazing group you've got :)

I had a similar issue (well as far as some of the details) on my honeymoon..rode Screamin 6 times with a kidney infection and a fever of 104. I was a total idiot tho and waited for the three days to get home to go to the doctor. I was in super bad shape at that point LOL

I'm glad you have good spirits about the trip. You know as well as anyone that you'll have a good make up sometime soon ;)

What a huge bummer, getting sick at the happiest place on earth. Sorry you missed so much, but glad your kids had a good time. They did a fantastic job on the photo!! :thumbsup2

I almost did a spit-take with my coffee - that made me laugh out loud! Very glad you are recovering and hope you can arrange a make-up trip ASAP! Just take time to recover completely - don't pull out your own chest tube or something like that ;)

I doubt if he has one and pulling ones own chest tube may not be the wisest of decisions. Treys family rocks, such a great shot, I am sure he may have started his own trend.

Jack

I doubt if he has one and pulling ones own chest tube may not be the wisest of decisions. Treys family rocks, such a great shot, I am sure he may have started his own trend.

Jack
No, I will leave the chest tubes to you. :)

I am in good recovery mode. Drove back to Colorado on Saturday - 1050 miles. Got home at 1AM and crashed.

Sunday I slept a lot. Back to work yesterday. Just moving more slowly than normal. And watching lots of Olympics coverage.

:wizard:

Ugh. I'm glad you are doing better and am sorry about the bad turn of events. I've had a kidney infection before and it is brutal (had it the last week of grad school and had to take a bunch of INC to complete after graduation)

Before we had kids and were married only about 18 months, the wife and I decided to take our first trip to WDW. We spent a few days with a college buddy before we went to the park. Those few days...one in particular, turned out to be a huge mistake. I got food poisoning the day before we left for Orlando.

I don't think I have ever been so sick in all my life. I won't go into the graphic details, but it was something I will never forget.

Combine the sickness with my absolute determination to go to Disney World made for misery. First day I could not get out of bed. Second day, I tried after lunch and made it as far as the main gate. The third day I was able to tolerate about 4 hours. The fourth day it was time to go home.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Can we at least get a HydroGuy's Tips on Fireworks from the UCI Medical Center Emergency Room Superthread out of all of this? :)

Seriously, please continue to get better. Your insights and recommendations are integral to this Board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter