Would you believe it? A Disneyland trip with no Disney magic...

Glad to hear you're recovering slowly but surely;)

No, I will leave the chest tubes to you. :)

I am in good recovery mode. Drove back to Colorado on Saturday - 1050 miles. Got home at 1AM and crashed.

Sunday I slept a lot. Back to work yesterday. Just moving more slowly than normal. And watching lots of Olympics coverage.

:wizard:

Can we at least get a HydroGuy's Tips on Fireworks from the UCI Medical Center Emergency Room Superthread out of all of this? :)

Seriously, please continue to get better. Your insights and recommendations are integral to this Board.
:rotfl2:

I will have to add that to my list!

Aloha HydroGuy,

I am so very sorry for your serious illness. Wow. Hopefully you will recover strong and quickly. You have a great positive attitude...at least "you didn't get the Kidney infection at a remote site".

BTW, I should have posted originally that the UCI Medical Center itself and the staff there were first rate. If you are ever sick at DLR that is the place to go. :)

Sorry to hear about your and your families illness and glad you are on the mend. What a great pic from your sons!

I'm so sorry! I just put flu shots on my pre-Disney to-do list. I know that wouldn't have helped you but you got me thinking. That is so sad and I would be pretty heart broken of that happened to me or anyone in my party on my trip. I hope you get to go again soon. Your family looks incredible!
Kerri

First off, I'm glad you're feeling better. Second, I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough time at DL.
HOWEVER:
How can you say that there was no Disney magic?!? That picture was magical!
1. That you have family that love you enough to do that.
2. That they family enlist the help of friends to pull it off (IN A WHEELCHAIR, NO LESS!!!!)
3. That they got that shot on the first try.

I hope your wife is feeling better, too.

Oh, no!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you!!! I hope you are ok!!

And your kids so totally rock. What an awesome thing to do! You must be a very proud dad.

Nice to hear you and family are home safe and sound. Love the photo. You have a magical family. :flower3:

HydroGuy said:
That was me LOL! Yes, drinking a Dr. Pepper in the EMH line for DL. Say hello next time!

I just have to get back to DCA at some point. I am not sure when yet. I may try and solo it over Labor Day, or go during HalloweenTime, or after Christmas decorations are up in November. Just not sure if I can wait that long! The three oldest will be college and not available for even a quick weekend trip so I may see if I can get DS16 to come along.

:wizard:

Oh I wish you were my dad!

Can we at least get a HydroGuy's Tips on Fireworks from the UCI Medical Center Emergency Room Superthread out of all of this? :)

Seriously, please continue to get better. Your insights and recommendations are integral to this Board.

BTW, I should have posted originally that the UCI Medical Center itself and the staff there were first rate. If you are ever sick at DLR that is the place to go. :)

It definitely serves a superthread of its own! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

OMG Hydroguy Im sooooo sorry:hug:...definitely come down for Halloweenie time...and your kids are awesome...that brought tears to my eyes:cloud9:...i hope you are on the mend and get your medical issues sorted fast.....

So sorry you didn't feel well! It sucks to be sick and sucks even worse when you are away from home and then to miss DL with the family is just awful. So special, though, that your family worked so hard to make you feel better!!

wow. What an experience, you poor thing. That sounds downright horrid!! Glad you are feeling better now though, and I hope you can make it back soon! Cute pic of your kids on Splash too! :thumbsup2

Hydroguy, so sorry to hear about your bummer of a trip. But, that picture speaks a thousand words. Those are some awesome kids!

I understand what you went through. I spent my trip of a lifetime to Paris in bed, seeing docs, in the hospital, etc. There will be a do-over someday.

Feel better!

Goodness, how scary! Glad to hear you have recovered, Hydroguy! Hope your lingering health issue resolves. Here's to planning next year's trip! :flower3:

Love the pic HydroGuy, but I feel just terrible about your unfortunate luck on the trip. My family is supposed to be there this weekend, and I found out today that I have an abscessed tooth. Like you, I practically never get sick, but also like you and BlackJack, I too am gettin' old. :sad2:

Here's hoping it works out better for you next time, and that I'm able to pull it together by the end of this week.

Again, that picture is amazing!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter