Would you believe it? A Disneyland trip with no Disney magic...

Hi HydroGuy-with-his-totally-ROCKIN-awesome-family!

I have to admit, I was eagerly awaiting your newest trip report with new, inside tips for Cars Land as I prepare for my first trip to DCA. . .

You may not have provided the report I expected, but what you did share was far more important. . .

The value of having a family (and friends) that care when things aren't going quite as expected. That is the best Disney Magic. Topping the family are all the virtual friends (such as this one in Arkansas) that sends her well wishes your way.

Relax. Recoup. and re-plan. . . . (and if you get there before I do, I would still appreciate a HydroGuy CarsLand report) :goodvibes

Hugs

Sorry about your trip but glad you're on the mend. And that you're already thinking of the next trip! And that was really sweet of your family to take that picture for you. :flower3:

WOW!!! Awesome picture , brought a few tears to my eyes! Hope you're feeling better. Thankyou for all your infomative posts.

Thanks Stephen. I will keep it in mind. If I go it will probably just be for two days and I will try and get APEE. :)

I haven't done my APEE either, so if I don't use in right before school starts, I will probably be looking at that weekend to use it.

Glad to know the UCI staff got you back on your feet. So sorry you had to go through all of that though.

What I love best about your post is your positive outlook on the whole affair. You are truly a class act with a wonderful sense of humor! Stay well sir!

Oh my goodness Hyrdro! I am so sorry you felt so miserable/sick on your DL trip.

I was thinking the same thing as an above poster that was stating something to the fact that we now need a "guide to going to the hospital" sticky when going to Disneyland. ;)

That is one amazing picture! And your kids have really grown. College now? My oldest will go next year and my twins go into high school this fall. Where does it all go?

Hope you get back soon.

I am so sorry! What a disappointment!!

I love the Splash photo... that is so ROCKIN!

I hope you can get back to DL soon.

Well my gosh. You and the Jackster (AKA BlackJackDelta) need to each have a DL trip redo. Thank goodness the staff at the hospital was able to find out what was happening to you before you had a complete organ shut-down. :sick: You are actually one lucky puppy. Why is it our minds think we are 25 but somewhere along the way our bodies act like we are so much older.

I LOL when I saw the tribute your kids made for you. Something went very right on this trip though. You had just enough kids along for the trip to make the sign work on Splash. party: I bet you, wife and the kids are a hoot.

I have to say this is one of the shortest TR I have ever read from Mr. HG. :surfweb: I am so sorry you spent your vacation in the hospital. Glad you are recovering :flower3: ( Having kidneys fail is so hard to catch before they shut down completely. I know this for fact as I have been waiting for a kidney transplant for 5 3/4 years now). Your wife and kids had a few miserable days to. :grouphug:

I vote for make up trip.

Happy travels Patty

Wow I'm so sorry that happened to you! :( And I hope you're feeling a lot better. I had a kidney infection in June, but did NOT get it taken care of when I should have. Ultimately, I got Sepsis from it for waiting so long and was very close to dying (luckily I got better) So I'm VERY happy to hear you got it treated before it became something even worse. Kidney infections are terrible.

Fast recovery and hope for you to have a way better trip next time!! :)

Wow. You guys deserve a do-over trip for SURE ASAP! Thank goodness you are OK! I can't imagine how terrible it must be to go to an ER in another city. Bad enough for any ER trip, but on vacation, out of town? I'd be at my wits end.

The first three are my sons, the fourth is my nephew, the fifth is my youngest son, and at the top was the young lady who came in a wheelchair. They got a large framed photo of this and brought it to me at the hospital which made me very happy. My kids are awesome. :)

SplashMtn2012.jpg

On a more humerous note... your boys are cute. Single? :laughing:

Wow so sorry for your trip but what a great photo! A family friend of ours had a bladder infection that he didn't take care of and it turned into a kidney infection that turned into septic shock and he's in the hospital and almost didn't make it, still has a long way to go. So I'm glad you listened to your body and went in even while on vacation!!!

Trey, while looking at Jack's Park Vue thread, I saw you mention your trip hadn't gone as planned so I snooped around and found this thread!

I am so bummed for you that you got sick on your trip but happy you are doing well now.

Hope you go Labor Day and love the Splash photo, your boys are all grown up!

We loved RSR (we were there July 11th to the 15th) but just barely got on our last day, it was down so much of our trip. Ds sat in a huge rainstorm for a few hours hoping to single rider along with a bunch of other determined folks but it never came back up that night. However the cm's gave the 20 or so people left in line at closing fp's with no date restrictions so we finally rode it our last day. Wonderful ride and I know you will love it! :)

Glad you also made out okay with the Waldo Canyon fire, we were down that way the day it started and it was amazing how quickly it grew. So sad.

Ugh, what a huge bummer! Glad you are feeling better now, that kind of thing is scary.

You are such a wealth of info and nice person, and I feel bad that you had to investigate UCI medical center to further round out you're tips and tricks. ;)

I all seriousness you have great kids and that picture warms my heart. So like others have said that was great Disney Magic and proves it can be found in the even some of the lowest places.

Trey, while looking at Jack's Park Vue thread, I saw you mention your trip hadn't gone as planned so I snooped around and found this thread!

I am so bummed for you that you got sick on your trip but happy you are doing well now.

Hope you go Labor Day and love the Splash photo, your boys are all grown up!

We loved RSR (we were there July 11th to the 15th) but just barely got on our last day, it was down so much of our trip. Ds sat in a huge rainstorm for a few hours hoping to single rider along with a bunch of other determined folks but it never came back up that night. However the cm's gave the 20 or so people left in line at closing fp's with no date restrictions so we finally rode it our last day. Wonderful ride and I know you will love it! :)

Glad you also made out okay with the Waldo Canyon fire, we were down that way the day it started and it was amazing how quickly it grew. So sad.
Thanks Amy. My kids just spent 4 days at DLR in July and are not keen to go back so soon. So I was looking at a solo trip. But the chance to see DLR at Halloweentime has tempted my youngest DS16 to come for a quick weekend trip. So we will be going in October. :)

Hopefully I will have better luck this time and will get a chance to ride the Racers!

Waldo Canyon has been my favorite local hiking spot for the last 12 years and I hiked there 2-4 times a week during Spring, Summer and Fall. I am really bummed about losing that trail but we were relieved the fire stayed north and did not come into our neighborhood. We were evacuated for one day.

I'm sorry that you went to CA on vacation and ended up hospitalized;major bummer! :(
I hardly post, but wanted to thank you for your invaluable advice towards my upcoming trip to DL. (I'm an East-Coaster and WDW vet that some of your "stickies" help out):thumbsup2

I'm sorry that you went to CA on vacation and ended up hospitalized;major bummer! :(
I hardly post, but wanted to thank you for your invaluable advice towards my upcoming trip to DL. (I'm an East-Coaster and WDW vet that some of your "stickies" help out):thumbsup2

I am with LullahBelle 100%! I am a WDW vet and your informative sticky notes have helped me tremendously! :worship:

The photo your kids got is INCREDIBLE! :banana: I love it! It sure does let you know how much your kiddos love ya. :hug: Hope everyone is well and that you won't have any recurring issues. :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear that you got so sick while in the happiest place on earth! Our girls all got low grade fevers and colds from the rain and cooler weather when we went in April! I feel your pain! Your kids are awesome!!! You know that your a looking at a picture of a loving family when you see something like that! :thumbsup2 I hope you get to squeeze a trip in!! :goodvibes

So sorry to hear you had a rough time, Hydroguy. Glad you're feeling better!

And your kids are awesome! What a nice surprise for an ailing Disney Dad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter