Worst Room View Pics Thread

This was my friends lagoon view club level room.

This pic was taken leaning out and looking right...straight ahead he had trees

bcview.jpg

The sound of construction vehicles backing up (beep...beep...beep...) woke us propmtly at 6am every morning. .

Ok...I'm in my Merry Sunshine mood right now....where I must find something good in everything....so here goes....

At least you probably made rope drop every morning right???

I just found this thread -- it's great!

We've had a couple of standard view rooms at the YC that faced the parking lot -- not that bad, though, since there were lots of trees, too. We never took a picture of those views since they were unremarkable -- now I wish we had!:)

Very clever thread. I'm enjoying it. :)

I agree that any of these views from a disney resort is better than the one outside my office. :woohoo:

I have stayed in this room before-sorry no picture but how different can it look.:upsidedow

We once had the room a few floors above this...it was a bunk room too. DS and his wife slept in the bunks. Lucky for us they are young and nimble. I have no idea why they gave us a bunk room for four adults. We were moving over to a 2 br DVC the following day so we didn't complain.

Ok out of the pics so far I think I win...

IMG_2170.jpg

I wasnt logged into this website..didnt plan on posting any more tonight...but after seeing this picture had to say

YES, YOU WIN THE PRIZE

No words to describe how bad that is! If I were on a business trip, no problem. A vacation to Disney World, big problem!

Here is the view from our AKL standard DVC studio 5412. We stayed here one night before moving to a standard view one bedroom which had AMAZING pool views. Unfortunately I cannot find a photo, but it was much better than this.

31921AKV_Std_View_3.jpg

(looking down)

31921AKV_Std_View_2.jpg

(looking right)

31921AKV_Std_View_1.jpg

(looking to the left is not too bad)

We also had the worst view at WL.. the overlooking I guess you would say the service center or where trucks come and go all the time.... I HATED IT... I guess we didn't get a pic of it either... I was also moved... I cried myself to the front desk! I wasn't going to pay that much money and stay there.. plus the smell on the balcony was awful and the phone didn't work in our room... we told them to check us out and move us to CSR.. they moved us the next morning to a courtyard. We loved it!

Sounds a lot like the room we stayed in last year. I think it was room 4085. We didn't change our room because we arrived late and everyone was tired from a long trip. I wanted to go to the front desk the next morning but dh who wasn't so dear at the time didn't want to bother with packing our bags again:mad:.so we just dealt with it. The trucks were noisy and if that wasn't bad enough we had to deal with all the noise that came from WCC too. I wasn't a happy camper. This was the first time we stayed at a deluxe hotel and I thought we would have a nice view since I requested that our room overlooked otter pond :mad:

OK, overall this isn't a bad view, its just a REALLY blocked view at Old Key West.

I was so excited as we were heading to our room because I could tell it just had to be a great view of the EPCOT evening fireworks. When I stepped out onto the balcony I disappointed because not only could we not see the fireworks (room was turned a little too far to one side) but we couldnt even see the grounds.

It was nice and private so I'm not really complaining, just that we have had some beautiful unobstructed views from our room before and this wasn't going to be one of them.

Looking right:

room--view.jpg

Looking straight:

room--view-2.jpg

And looking sort of off to the left:

room--view-3.jpg

What building and type of unit was this at OKW? One of things I like about OKW is that we have never had a bad view.....so far always of the waterways, but I wouldn't want to be this enclosed! Do any of the buildings have views of Illumination Fireworks?
Debsx:upsidedow

Man! I have never had a bad view, but I feel really sorry for those of you who have!!!!

When we stayed at POR in 2003, we were given a fantastic room!!! It was Acadian House, second floor, corner room over looking the pool. Very nice - very pretty. We watched the ducks swim in the pool in the early AM.

I think if we were at a deluxe, view would matter to me (b/c of balcony, etc), but with values/moderates, it really doesn't..

What building and type of unit was this at OKW? One of things I like about OKW is that we have never had a bad view.....so far always of the waterways, but I wouldn't want to be this enclosed! Do any of the buildings have views of Illumination Fireworks?
Debsx:upsidedow

This was building 28, third floor. Don't remember the exact room number. We have stayed in bldg 62 and it had the best views we ever had. We could see the higher Illuminations fireworks and the view of the golf course was great. Other rooms in building 28 had no trees so its hit and miss.

Another not so great room was building 20 with a view of the small pool. We had the 2nd floor and there were people outside yelling and playing in the pool until all hours.

Also we stayed in building 29 all the way on the end on the first floor and the balcony was completely enclosed by plants and the view outside was of a small service road. It was very secluded and quiet but I really enjoy the golf course views.

That is so helpful to know when requesting an area/building at OKW, thanks! :)
Is building 62 classed as a building near Hospitality House?
We have stayed in 45 and 46, both with a view of the waterway but a short walk to a pool/bus stop. Our favourite area so far is South Point in building 55. Again it overlooks the waterway, further down, but is right next door to the quiet pool, 2 mins from bus stop and also the walkway to Saratoga and Downtown. It was lovely and quiet, very secluded and we got to know all our neighbours at the quiet pool!
The only 'bad' view we ever had was at Boardwalk Villas of the car park/front entrance, but to be fair we had only paid for 'Standard' view and so couldn't complain! :rotfl:
Debsx

That is so helpful to know when requesting an area/building at OKW, thanks! :)
Is building 62 classed as a building near Hospitality House?
We have stayed in 45 and 46, both with a view of the waterway but a short walk to a pool/bus stop. Our favourite area so far is South Point in building 55. Again it overlooks the waterway, further down, but is right next door to the quiet pool, 2 mins from bus stop and also the walkway to Saratoga and Downtown. It was lovely and quiet, very secluded and we got to know all our neighbours at the quiet pool!
The only 'bad' view we ever had was at Boardwalk Villas of the car park/front entrance, but to be fair we had only paid for 'Standard' view and so couldn't complain! :rotfl:
Debsx

We have stayed in 52 which was RIGHT by the bus stop which was great. For the life of me I don't remember the view though. Also when we stayed in 20 we could hear noise from the highway. That wasn't good. That was my least favorite room. Also the bus stop for that was last so you had to ride through the whole resort to get to your stop.

We like being at the very front near the hospitality house (bldgs 62 and 63 were very nice) but we also are OK with Peninsular road. Last month we walked to the bus stop and if another bus came the other way(heading out) we had enough time to walk up to the front bus stop and catch the bus.

We stayed in bldg 16 last January which was fine, but another slightly blocked view and a bit of a haul to the bus stop.

Every time we stay I wonder what to ask for. The last time they tried to put us in a building in the back right by the highway. I said no way and asked if none of the bldgs I requested had openings and the lady said "Oh we don't show you made any requests :rolleyes: I told her I did and she changed our room to bldg 28. Next time I WILL call and make sure they have my requests written down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter